Stuck with AC21 - Don't know what to do ..Please advise

NaagaMalli

Registered Users (C)
I don't know what i got to do .. please help me Guru's like Ginnu

My labor - EB2 - RIR - applied on 12/07/2001
Not concurrent filing because employer don't want to do.
I140 got approved on 10/18/2004
I485 applied on vermont - 03/07/2005
FingerPrints:04/18/2005
2nd EAD running
Invoked AC21 and changed the employer on 08/01/2005
I don't want to disclose the attorney name, famous person in immigration community filed my AC21. More irresponsible ...

I suppose to get the GC by now based on my PD, There is no status update from USCIS.

My paralegal placed inquiry call couple of times, first time they said that they will get back in 30 days, second time 60 days.
I placed inquiry call this time, they said they will get back to me in 30 days..nothing happened sofar.

I changed the address and inform USCIS and send AR-11 form.

I don't know what to do, please advise me..
Is there any thing that i can do move my file .. please advise me ...

Thanks

NaagaMalli said:
I don't want to disclose the attorney name, famous person in immigration community filed my AC21. More irresponsible ...

I wouldn't be quick to blame the attorney.

I don't know what to do, please advise me.. Is there any thing that i can do move my file .. please advise me ...

I think it's high time you contact your US Senator or Representative, and ask them to inquire on your behalf. What state are you in?

NaagaMalli said:

I485 applied on vermont - 03/07/2005
FingerPrints:04/18/2005
2nd EAD running
Invoked AC21 and changed the employer on 08/01/2005

I suppose to get the GC by now based on my PD, There is no status update from USCIS.

My paralegal placed inquiry call couple of times, first time they said that they will get back in 30 days, second time 60 days.
I placed inquiry call this time, they said they will get back to me in 30 days..nothing happened sofar.

I changed the address and inform USCIS and send AR-11 form.
-------------------- form AR11 does not change the address on pending petitions with USCIS
for address change read below and do according to your situation:
1 file form AR11 for address change ( it will not chage you address on pending petitions with USCIS)
2 update NCSC on 18003755283, your new address, provide them your ,WAC,EAC or LIN # of I-485 and reciept # of any pending petitions with service center, provide the receipt#, your name, DOB, A#( A# is on I-485 filing reciept)
3 write letter to service center for address change on your pending I-485( if you have spouse I-485 pending He/she also need to change address on her/his I-485 letter need to be signed by spouse with date and reciept# of pending petitions) or any pending petition with them provide your past and NEW address, attach I-485 receipt copy, write your I-485 reciept # name, DOB, A# on cover letter so that you get fingerprinting notice at your new address. Send the letter to your service center with certified return receipt and out side the envelope write in big bold letters ATTENTION: ADDRESS CHANGE for Pending Form I-485 ( or any other application).
4 if want to use AC21 THEN if the past company lawyer filed I-485 then better change your lawyer and fill up new G28 with your new lawyer and he can update USCIS that he represent you and can mail form G28 to sevice center, he can also make a request to chage your New address on Pending I-485 and he will get if any RFE, if you dont change any RFE will go to past lawyer
*** do the all 1,2,3,4

I don't know what to do, please advise me..
Is there any thing that i can do move my file .. please advise me ...

Thanks
--------------

1 contact Congressman or senator office provide full details of your case with I-485 receipt, A#, DOB, Name, address

2 write to:
http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interapp/editorial/editorial_0482.xml
http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interapp/editorial/editorial_0497.xml

Link has info what and how to write
http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interapp/editorial/editorial_0731.xml

Office of the Ombudsman
U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
Department of Homeland Security
Washington, DC 20528
email: Prakash.Khatri@dhs.gov

*** keep the copy of any letter you send.

NaagaMalli said:

----------- was that LC filed for YOU ?

------------ did your employer file I-140 with LC substitution????

was that LC filed for YOU ?
Ans : Yes, that labor filed for me.

did your employer file I-140 with LC substitution????
Ans : That's my original labor, i switched the employer after 10 months of my I140 approval.

TheRealCanadian said:
I wouldn't be quick to blame the attorney.

I think it's high time you contact your US Senator or Representative, and ask them to inquire on your behalf. What state are you in?

I am in connecticut, can you please tell me how to contact US Senator or Representative.

NaagaMalli said:
I don't know about Infopass ? I am sorry to ask you, but can you tell me what for it is and what i need to do..thanks
go USCIS page read about infopass and get infopass and print it ( FYI visiting local office with infopass may not help )

Thank you Ginnu.

I got the enough understanding about infopass now. But as you said before that's not going to help. So there is no point in taking appointment.

I got connecticut senator's web page to contact me (i.e http://lieberman.senate.gov/contact/casework.cfm?regarding=question). Do you want to write him an email or contact his office by phone.

One more thing is, some one said that since there are no visa numbers available at this time, USCIS can't do much at this point. So better to wait till the visa numbers are available and request senator to follow up on the case.

Please advise me..

NaagaMalli said:
Thank you Ginnu.

I got the enough understanding about infopass now. But as you said before that's not going to help. So there is no point in taking appointment.

I got connecticut senator's web page to contact me (i.e http://lieberman.senate.gov/contact/casework.cfm?regarding=question). Do you want to write him an email or contact his office by phone.
-----------Call up his local office go and meet the person who deal with immigration in his/her local office go with all the details and provide the letter to the person before you go call up.
One more thing is, some one said that since there are no visa numbers available at this time, USCIS can't do much at this point. So better to wait till the visa numbers are available and request senator to follow up on the case.
------------ your PD is 12/07/2001 and EB2

Please advise me..

NaagaMalli said:
---------- why you cant search???

Page 94
http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/news/2006,0705-ombudsman.pdf
USCIS Ombudsman
A. Case Problem Processing

1. How to Submit A Case Problem
The Ombudsman’s website, www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman , provides detailed information
on how to submit a case problem:
First, please write a letter and provide the following information in the order below to
assist in identifying your case.
• For the person with the case problem, please provide the person’s: (1) full name;
(2) address; (3) date of birth; (4) country of birth; (5) application/petition receipt
number; and (6) “A” number;
• The USCIS office at which the application/petition was filed;
• The filing date of the application/petition; and
• A description of the problem.
Second, to protect your privacy, we need to verify the identity and the accuracy of the
information. Please date and sign your letter and include the following statement:
“I declare (certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United
States that the foregoing is true and correct.”
In addition, please include either or both of the following, if applicable:
• If you are not the person whose case about which you are inquiring, you must
obtain the person’s (applicant’s or the petitioner’s) consent. The person should
include the following statement as part of the consent documentation submitted
with the case problem:
“I consent to allow information about my case to be released to [name of
requester].”
• If you are an attorney or accredited representative, please include a copy of your
USCIS Form G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative.
Finally, please mail your case problem, including your dated and signed letter and copies
of documents relevant to your case inquiry, to either of the following addresses:
Via regular mail:
Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman
ATTN: Case Problems
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Mail Stop 1225
Washington, D.C. 20528-1225
Via courier service:
Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman
ATTN: Case Problems
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
245 Murray Lane
Washington, D.C. 20528-1225
2. Processing
When the Ombudsman receives a case problem, the information is reviewed, issues
analyzed, and an appropriate course of action determined. After this internal process, and if
there is a determination that the case requires a USCIS action or review, the case is electronically
forwarded to the USCIS/Customer Assistance Office (CAO) for USCIS resolution within 45
calendar days. If an answer is not forthcoming within 45 calendar days, the Ombudsman’s office
sends a follow-up letter via email to USCIS.
3. Assistance Available
a. Scope of Assistance
Many case problems seek to reverse USCIS decisions. However, the Ombudsman cannot
adjudicate immigration applications or petitions, or reverse adverse USCIS decisions.
Additionally, case problems cannot serve as substitutes for the legal options available to
applicants/petitioners/beneficiaries to correct problems. Finally, the Ombudsman cannot grant
immigration benefits or request that USCIS grant exceptions to statutory mandates (such as the
grant of a petition despite visa retrogression of the particular visa category.) The statutory
authority for these actions rests solely with USCIS. Although the Ombudsman cannot provide
legal advice, the office can give assistance in cases where the individual or employer is
challenging a particular result and USCIS has not timely responded, such as a motion to
reopen/reconsider or an appeal.
Additionally, the Ombudsman is charged with identifying systemic problems in the
immigration benefits process and proposing process changes to USCIS. Thus, individuals and
employers should submit comments and suggestions for improving USCIS processes and
procedures.
b. Jurisdictional Issues
By statute, the Ombudsman only accepts case problems that pertain to applications and
petitions for immigration benefits filed with USCIS. The Ombudsman does not have authority to
assist customers in cases that are not within USCIS jurisdiction.

MaagaMalli,

One question for you on your case: how could you invoke AC21 if your 485 hasn't been pending for over 180 days? Thanks.

Simba234

I called USCIS on 07/28/2006 for the status check on my case, they send a letter to my old address explaining me where it stuck,
some how that letter was not forwarded to my new address, it went back to USCIS, Center Director opend it.
Finally it reached my new address, but the from address is not USCIS, it is

U.S.Department of Justice,
U.S.Immigration & Natz SVC,
Vermont service center.

Here is the status what they said in the letter

The status of this service requested is :

The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.
Until the background investigation is completed, we can't move forward on your case........

Finally they said, if you don't hear from us in next 6 months please call customer service.

=========================================================
I planned to call senator office and meet and explain the issue. But i got this letter on last friday. What i got to do now.

Do i need to meet him or wait ?

Please tell me where it stuck and what would be the issue ?

Please suggest me what i got to do in this kind of situation ?

NaagaMalli said:
I called USCIS on 07/28/2006 for the status check on my case, they send a letter to my old address explaining me where it stuck,
some how that letter was not forwarded to my new address, it went back to USCIS, Center Director opend it.

Finally it reached my new address, but the from address is not USCIS, it is

U.S.Department of Justice,
U.S.Immigration & Natz SVC,
Vermont service center.

Here is the status what they said in the letter

The status of this service requested is :

The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.
Until the background investigation is completed, we can't move forward on your case........

Finally they said, if you don't hear from us in next 6 months please call customer service.

=========================================================
I planned to call senator office and meet and explain the issue. But i got this letter on last friday. What i got to do now.
-------------------go and meet them so that they can find out what is problem (dont give the copy of latest update that you have posted or they will tell you to wait)
Do i need to meet him or wait ?
---------------that is up to you
Please tell me where it stuck and what would be the issue ?
---------How do I know? let the senator office find out
Please suggest me what i got to do in this kind of situation ?