Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

stuck together in Name Check

I guess the Name Check thing is really really going to get worse, before it gets better (if it ever gets better). Read this story; those of us, who pass this stage should thank our lucky stars.:eek:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/16/AR2007061601360.html?hpid=topnews (FBI Name Check Cited In Naturalization Delays Official Calls Backlog 'Unacceptable')

Hi

I have been a silent watcher of this fourm for some months. My wife's name check has been pending for more than 2 years.

Within immigration reform hitting the headlines I think we should try and push our luck on expediting name checks into the new legislation. I would suggest writing to the House Subcommittee on Immigration Citizenship Refugees Border Security and International Law at:

http://judiciary.house.gov/contact.aspx

Chevalblanc - the white horse (who never gives up!)

Hi,

I am stuck in name check for more than 2 years now.. sent for name check on June 9th 2005.

PD: Feb 2002.

Applied to California service center about 5 months back my case was moved to Nebraska Service Center.

Applied for my wife as a secondary on my application in Oct 2006. Her name check cleared in 3 days... very recently we received a RFE for her... is it possible for my wife to get her GC before me... It is not a concern (I will console my self that something is better than nothing) just a query...

According to infopass I went today, my name check was cleared and sent back to CIS last month. The officer said my case is currently under review (USCIS security check). All I can hope for right now is that their system is accurate this time, and I'll see something soon.

I am aware of the Name/Background check of Fbi and other federal agaencies.
Now what the heck is this "USCIS Security check" or review :mad:

Regards.

USCIS forwards positive FBI reponses (with actual data found) to FDNS (Fraud Detection and National Security) unit within USCIS. That unit has to review a positive reponse *before* adjudication can resume.

I am aware of the Name/Background check of Fbi and other federal agaencies.
Now what the heck is this "USCIS Security check" or review :mad:

Regards.

USCIS forwards positive FBI reponses (with actual data found) to FDNS (Fraud Detection and National Security) unit within USCIS. That unit has to review a positive reponse *before* adjudication can resume.

When USCIS give out letters ( in response to attorney's query ) they usually state "the processing cannot proceed because of background check is pending" . So far i thought it is only the FBI namecheck. If it is USCIS check do they explicitly state that in the letter ? Or a common letter is used whether stuck in FBI check/USCIS security check ?

The latest Ombudsman report provides information on cases being forwarded to FDNS. They do not elaborate on how USCIS would reply to case status enquiries, though... I would hope they give some info like "under review" or alike, but there is no guarantee...

When USCIS give out letters ( in response to attorney's query ) they usually state "the processing cannot proceed because of background check is pending" . So far i thought it is only the FBI namecheck. If it is USCIS check do they explicitly state that in the letter ? Or a common letter is used whether stuck in FBI check/USCIS security check ?

My PD was current as of Jun2007. I called the customer service in the first week of june and got the following letter:

"In processing applications for immigration benifits, USCIS is making nation security our top priority. USCIS has added security checks to the processing of all applications to help ensure that those who receive immigration benefits have come to join the American people in better security and do not harm the,. But whatever short-term impact these additional checks will have on processing will not interfere with the Administration's long-term goal of eliminating processing backlogs and meeting a six-month processing standard for all immigration benefit applications. The employees of USCIS are commited to address our nation's security needs while also maintaining our country's openness to those whose seek the freedom and oppurtunity that united states has to offer. You application is currently undergoing such checks. Please allow more time.

I took an infopass appointment last week and was told that the name check is done. But, now I got this letter saying that the security checks are pending. I did a senator inquiry as well and waiting for a response. I'm not sure what else to do at this point. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

I am stuck in name check for more than 2 years now.. sent for name check on June 9th 2005.

PD: Feb 2002.

Applied to California service center about 5 months back my case was moved to Nebraska Service Center.

Applied for my wife as a secondary on my application in Oct 2006. Her name check cleared in 3 days... very recently we received a RFE for her... is it possible for my wife to get her GC before me... It is not a concern (I will console my self that something is better than nothing) just a query...

If your wife got REF, that may mean your security is cleared. Normally USCIS donot proceed with the case if primary applicants security is not cleared.
My wife's security is cleared too long time back.

Stuck in Name Check

I took an InfoPass on my pending I-485 petition and came to know that FBI has not cleared my Name Check yet from the date USCIS has initiated it in Sep'2005. So even if PD becomes current in Jul'07 and suppose it stays current for Aug'07, no hopes for me for AOS approval. :(

Just wanted to give some hope for the fellow name check suferers.

Both mine and my husbands applications were stuck in name check according to an infopass appointment and service request letter from NSC dated last month. We do not know how long actually they were stuck there, but I assume since the date we submitted our I-485 applications, which is Aug 10 2006.

Today we got e-mails that both applications are approved and cards ordered.Till today we did not have any changes in LUD after fingerprinting on Nov 1 2006. We did not have time to act upon learning that apps are stuck in 'name check' (no letters to senators, ombudsmann, etc.). Only thing that we did is to send FOIPA requests which came back clear last week.

I wish you all fast resolution of your cases and do not lose hope.

Eli

I need the eMail

Folks,
If you are stuck in FBI Name Check and waiting for a long time for them to process it( manual process), Let's share the data and track it to see what they are doing. ( An email response from NNCP will show your Name Check request date)

My Details:
Name Check request sent to FBI on 21 March 2004, status is still PENDING.

Thanks

Hi, How can I get the details from FBI?.If it is thru email,please give me the email and instruction.

Thanks in advance
Ra_bala

When did you send FOIPA

Just wanted to give some hope for the fellow name check suferers.

Both mine and my husbands applications were stuck in name check according to an infopass appointment and service request letter from NSC dated last month. We do not know how long actually they were stuck there, but I assume since the date we submitted our I-485 applications, which is Aug 10 2006.

Today we got e-mails that both applications are approved and cards ordered.Till today we did not have any changes in LUD after fingerprinting on Nov 1 2006. We did not have time to act upon learning that apps are stuck in 'name check' (no letters to senators, ombudsmann, etc.). Only thing that we did is to send FOIPA requests which came back clear last week.

I wish you all fast resolution of your cases and do not lose hope.

Eli

When did you send FOIPA and where to send it?.I am also in the same situvation,Please give me the link to FOIPA page and the information you filled in that form.

I filed my 485 on july 06.I got a letter from TSC,it says your case is in security check.Last month I got this letter(MAY)

Thanks
Ra_bala

Not true

If your wife got REF, that may mean your security is cleared. Normally USCIS donot proceed with the case if primary applicants security is not cleared.
My wife's security is cleared too long time back.

I'm stuck, my wife's namecheck is cleared. We also received an RFE for her.

"Conditional GC"

Now, some employers won't like what i propose below ( how many employers like the employee getting bargaining power ).
What about a "conditional/restricted" GC to applicants who don't have any other issues other than being stuck in background check. This type of GC should enable the applicants

1. To freely change the employer ( any location)
2. No restrictions on travel

Once the security check is cleared , the "full blown/ripened" GC is awarded.
How do you guys feel about this proposal ?

Conditional GC

I proposed a similar idea to Ombudsman, in fact, even if granted, GC can be removed at any time by federal authorities, then, my proposal is that USCIS does grant GC after 1 year from FBI Name Check.

Now, some employers won't like what i propose below ( how many employers like the employee getting bargaining power ).
What about a "conditional/restricted" GC to applicants who don't have any other issues other than being stuck in background check. This type of GC should enable the applicants

1. To freely change the employer ( any location)
2. No restrictions on travel

Once the security check is cleared , the "full blown/ripened" GC is awarded.
How do you guys feel about this proposal ?

And you think that they will readily stop making money on EADs and APs?
Think about it: USCIS in their annual report talks about PROFIT. Not too easy to give it up.
I personally think that the idea is brilliant, really, and will sighn any proposal of this kind.

And you think that they will readily stop making money on EADs and APs?
Think about it: USCIS in their annual report talks about PROFIT. Not too easy to give it up.
I personally think that the idea is brilliant, really, and will sighn any proposal of this kind.

I am ready to donate $3000 to them for giving me conditional GC :) . Wouldn't they like it ?

When FBI returns a positive result (FBI found some information about you), USCIS will forward your case to their Fraud Detection and National Security Unit. Only after review by that unit can your application go back to adjudication. Your response seems to indicate that the case is currently with FDNS Unit.

Given that I'm almost guaranteed to have positive FBI response as well, it will be very interesting to see how long will it take FDNS to review your case. Please, keep this forum posted on any developments regarding your application.

My PD was current as of Jun2007. I called the customer service in the first week of june and got the following letter:

"In processing applications for immigration benifits, USCIS is making nation security our top priority. USCIS has added security checks to the processing of all applications to help ensure that those who receive immigration benefits have come to join the American people in better security and do not harm the,. But whatever short-term impact these additional checks will have on processing will not interfere with the Administration's long-term goal of eliminating processing backlogs and meeting a six-month processing standard for all immigration benefit applications. The employees of USCIS are commited to address our nation's security needs while also maintaining our country's openness to those whose seek the freedom and oppurtunity that united states has to offer. You application is currently undergoing such checks. Please allow more time.

I took an infopass appointment last week and was told that the name check is done. But, now I got this letter saying that the security checks are pending. I did a senator inquiry as well and waiting for a response. I'm not sure what else to do at this point. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks.

Ditto!
I had same letter

Today I got an email from CRIS saying my app is approved
:D :D

I sent a letter in Apr to FL and got reply saying "A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that your request was received from the USCIS on YYYY XX 2006, and is currently in process. ....While an exact date for completion of this review cannot be given, you may be assured that the results will be made available to the immigration authorities as quickly as possible."

I observed that many people who wrote a letter to FL got a response with processed/finalized and sent to USCIS on so and so date(i.e. cleared). Anybody got cleared after receiving the letter saying "currently in process"? Appreciate if you post any similar experiences.