Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

Name check & LUD

My EB2 (PD: Dec 2001, current) I-485/765/131 Received at NSC on Feb 2, 07, Notice date; Feb 5, 07, All Paper receipt received on Feb 12. No FP notice or any other notice yet. However there was a LUD on Feb 9, 07 for I-485/765/131, Is it possible that this LUD on Feb 9th is for Name Check initiation by USCIS or is that too early for USCIS to initiate NC - Any guess?

Last edited by a moderator:
how to find out whether NC cleared

I am noticing LUDs on my 485 after about six months. I am wondering whether NC cleared. Does anyone know how to find out whether NC got cleared or not?

Where to send the name check status inquiry?

Does anybody know where to send for Status of Name check (Any e-mail address of FBI or Phone number)?

Does anybody know where to send for Status of Name check (Any e-mail address of FBI or Phone number)?

Infopass answer is about as much as you can coax out of them. If they actually new WTF is going on - they would not be doing that for years.

The new CIS public notice

Now the CIS finally closed the WOM backdoor by issuing a new public notice by saying you can only expedite NC if you are willing to become a cannon fodder, or if you are about to die (which is the same). I guess somebody may say this is good for us who did not file WOM. So we finally can take a guess on how long we need to wait before we can see some lights in the tunnel. Let's do a calculation:

According to Canon's testament http://www.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15635&d=1170206001,
there are still 440,000 names which were submitted between 12/2002 and 1/2003 that need to be checked, and the FBI will do whatever CIS tell them to do, that is processing name check requests on a first-in, first-out basis unless USCIS directs that a namecheck be expedited.

So let's be optimistic, and assume you are the luckiest guy who got in front of all the new NCers since 2003 (which BTW is about 3+million/year * 4years * x%, where x may be 1 or 10, I tend to believe x=10 because for the 2002 cases x=16. So a total of 1.2 million). That is, you are ranked 440,001st in the waiting list. Let's assume FBI is really efficient, and they can finish checking within 3 mins (instead of days or years as they announced in their webpage), or 20 cases/hour. Then it will take you 440,000/20/8 = 2750 days. Let's further assume FBI work their ass off and never take vacation, or even weekends. 2750 days > 7.5 full years.

In other words, you will be extremely lucky if you get your result in 7.5 years, and by 50-50 chance you will be out of the hell in > 10 years.

So, NCers, let's go and join the army to kill the Iraqis (or get ourselves killed).

Now the CIS finally closed the WOM backdoor by issuing a new public notice by saying you can only expedite NC if you are willing to become a cannon fodder, or if you are about to die (which is the same). I guess somebody may say this is good for us who did not file WOM. So we finally can take a guess on how long we need to wait before we can see some lights in the tunnel. Let's do a calculation:
QUOTE]

when did they issue that notice?

Family based approvals

I was checking the family based threads and it seemed to me people were getting approved much faster than employment based. Also while talking to friends, citizenship approvals are extremely fast compared to 485. I am wondering if family based an citizenship namechecks are given priority over employment based.

Can somebody please post a link to this. :eek: I could not find this on my own.

http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

02/21/2007: USCIS Criteria to Request Expedite of FBI Check

We recently reported that the USCIS would not request expedite of FBI check simply because a legal action of Mandamus was filed by the parties. Now the USCIS has just released the information on criteria for USCIS decision to request the FBI to expedite the checks. The criteria include:
1. Military deployment,
2. Age-out cases not covered under the Child Status Protection Act, and applications affected by sunset provisions such as diversity visas,
3. Significant and compelling reasons, such as critical medical conditions, and
4. Loss of social security benefits or other subsistence at the discretion of the USCIS District Director.

According to Canon's testament http://www.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15635&d=1170206001,
there are still 440,000 names which were submitted between 12/2002 and 1/2003 that need to be checked, and the FBI will do whatever CIS tell them to do, that is processing name check requests on a first-in, first-out basis unless USCIS directs that a namecheck be expedited.

and there is another interesting thing in this testament.

"In December of 2002 and January of 2003, USCIS resubmitted 2.7 million name check requests to the FBI [...]"
"[...]440,000 requests are in the process of being resolved"

also, there are some stats:
68% of the name checks resolved wthin 48 hours
+22% resolved in 30-60 days
some of the remaining 10% can be reviewed quickly.

so, after 4 years there should be much less then 10% of pending cases.
440,000/2,700,000=16%
So, he is simply lying about resolution rate.

I just called Service Center, looks like my Name check has been cleared(well according to rep). He says everything looks good with my file and he is going to order the same and once he gets the file, he is going to send the same to adjudicator.
Does it make sense? Don't they have access to our files all the time?

How long does it take for this rep to get the file(from where he would get it?)?

When I called last week my NC was still pending.

I appriciate your inputs on this.

Thanks
DBU

Which number do you call to check the Name Check result. I called the 1-800-375-5283 but they don't disclose the Name Check Status.

Thanks,
DK

Hi
Here is the status of my 485:
EB2, India
Priority date : July, 2002
485 reciept date : Sep 30, 2005.

When I made a query regarding my case in Nov 2006, I got the reply that my case is pending because my background check is not complete.

Again I made a query on Feb 03, 07 and I got a E-mail reply that

Your application/petition is awaiting assignment to an Officer. You
will be notified when a decision has been made or if additional
information is needed. If you have not been contacted within 90 days please call the number provided below.

I contacted my local Senator on Feb 5, 07 and the Senator's office contacted USCIS and the reply they got is

The principles FBI name check is pending. The case has been pre-adjudicated.

1)What do they mean by pre-adjudicated? Will they approve 485 as soon as name check is complete?

2)How do I find out when the name check is initated? Is there any phone number or E-mail address?

Please advise..

Thanks

Pre adjudicated means all papers are in order and yes if name check clears you will get approval.

Name check gets started a week or so from 485 filing. In your case since EB-2 India went in to downward spiral from october 2005, it may not have been started till your PD became current. You can get the exact date by taking a Infopass.

Good Luck.

Hi
Here is the status of my 485:
EB2, India
Priority date : July, 2002
485 reciept date : Sep 30, 2005.

When I made a query regarding my case in Nov 2006, I got the reply that my case is pending because my background check is not complete.

Again I made a query on Feb 03, 07 and I got a E-mail reply that

Your application/petition is awaiting assignment to an Officer. You
will be notified when a decision has been made or if additional
information is needed. If you have not been contacted within 90 days please call the number provided below.

I contacted my local Senator on Feb 5, 07 and the Senator's office contacted USCIS and the reply they got is

The principles FBI name check is pending. The case has been pre-adjudicated.

1)What do they mean by pre-adjudicated? Will they approve 485 as soon as name check is complete?

2)How do I find out when the name check is initated? Is there any phone number or E-mail address?

Please advise..

Thanks

I called the same number, some reps do some don't, try to get a lady rep, most of the lady reps are good.

My experience is the same as desi_boy_usa. I was able to get the NC info from USCIS twice and both cases I was talking to female reps. The Male ones always play the same crap "we don't have access to that info......"