Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

Question on FP notice

Gurus - quick question
My 485 was filed on May 13th, 2004. Since then, I have received 3 EAD's. My question is related to FP notices, which I have not yet received so far. Correct me if I am wrong - my NC/FBI check has not yet been initiated?
I have made a couple of calls to USCIS and both the times the rep informed me that they have no knowledge about it and opened a case number. LUD on my 485 was on 02/24/07 with no change in the message.
Has anyone had similar experience regarding FP notices or am I going to make an entry to the guiness book?
Can anyone suggest me a better idea to speed up my FP notice? Not to mention my lawyer is of no help here.

Gurus - quick question
My 485 was filed on May 13th, 2004. Since then, I have received 3 EAD's. My question is related to FP notices, which I have not yet received so far. Correct me if I am wrong - my NC/FBI check has not yet been initiated?
I have made a couple of calls to USCIS and both the times the rep informed me that they have no knowledge about it and opened a case number. LUD on my 485 was on 02/24/07 with no change in the message.
Has anyone had similar experience regarding FP notices or am I going to make an entry to the guiness book?
Can anyone suggest me a better idea to speed up my FP notice? Not to mention my lawyer is of no help here.

mine was file a year ago and no FP yet either. from what I understand it is not related to NC, I have been told I am stuck in NC even though no FP yet...

mine was file a year ago and no FP yet either. from what I understand it is not related to NC, I have been told I am stuck in NC even though no FP yet...

Thanks JP. Did you get this information from USCIS? What about FBI - I guess we have to wait for FP notice for FBI check, correct?

Hi,

I have a very very basic question. How do I know if I am stuck in name check? is there a status update? Also, when should I stop worrying about name check - only after processing dates go beyond my RD or even before that?

These are my details:

I140 Approved June 26 2006
i485 RD 11/03/2006
FP date 12/28/2007
EAD Approved 1/13/2007
AP Approved 1/27/2007

Can somebody please help?

Take an infopass.

As for stopping to worry about namecheck, once you get the namecheck cleared you need not worry anymore. Pretty basic isn't it. RD is an eyewash to filter inquiries by USCIS

Hi,

I have a very very basic question. How do I know if I am stuck in name check? is there a status update? Also, when should I stop worrying about name check - only after processing dates go beyond my RD or even before that?

These are my details:

I140 Approved June 26 2006
i485 RD 11/03/2006
FP date 12/28/2007
EAD Approved 1/13/2007
AP Approved 1/27/2007

Can somebody please help?

Take an infopass.

As for stopping to worry about namecheck, once you get the namecheck cleared you need not worry anymore. Pretty basic isn't it. RD is an eyewash to filter inquiries by USCIS

Thanks.. Sorry I really meant to ask when I should "Start" worrying about namecheck as my RD is 11/03/06 and right now NSC is processing 6/26/06 - my mistake.

So I wanted to know if it makes to sense until (say)a month after NSC shows processing date of 11/03/06 before I begin to think I am stuck in name check.

Appreciateif you could give your view.

Thanks

Thanks JP. Did you get this information from USCIS? What about FBI - I guess we have to wait for FP notice for FBI check, correct?

get info from congressional unit at USCIS (if you ask your congressman, you should get that info)
I understand FP is not an issue. whenever NC is cleared (you probably need to check once in a while in case this is cleared) then you can obtain FP very fast. But I am not there yet so I am not sure.

USCIS sends NC requests tio FBI a week or so after receiving 485. Infopass would tell you when exactly it got started. You are very lucky if you cleared the check in a month or so after NC got started.

RD does not matter for name check clearance but usually people open official enquiry and get an answer from USCIS in form of written document.

The process of clearing name check is unknown but (it was posted on NSC 485 tracker) that USCIS sends requests to FBI for expediting some checks. What basis it does is still a question.

Thanks.. Sorry I really meant to ask when I should "Start" worrying about namecheck as my RD is 11/03/06 and right now NSC is processing 6/26/06 - my mistake.

So I wanted to know if it makes to sense until (say)a month after NSC shows processing date of 11/03/06 before I begin to think I am stuck in name check.

Appreciateif you could give your view.

Thanks

hey guys some body can helpme?
i may in name check stuck
this is my story
140 AP 08/2006
I485 RECIVED SEP 2006
BIOMETRICS DONE OCT 12/ 2006
INTERVIEW NOTICE NOV 10/ 2006
ITERVIEW DONE DEC 04/2006 OFICCER SAY MY SECURITY IS PENDING
TODAY IS MARCH 04 AND STILL PENDING
MI CASE IS IN NAME CHEK STUCK????
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( SOME BODY CAN HELP ME ????/

i under regular time????????

stuck since March 2003

any comments for this case
Name check initiated in March 2003 (FBI e-mail) still pending acc to sen inqury

RD Jan 2003
PD current since Dec
EB3

USCIS sends NC requests tio FBI a week or so after receiving 485. Infopass would tell you when exactly it got started.

If infopass will say you when NC started - you are very lucky, most of the time they say only that it is pending, and when people ask when - they say they are not authorized to release this information! So then you have to act through a senator/congressman...

Cards received

Hi All,

We received our Green Cards yesterday. I think the journey is over with that.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
DBU

Hi All,

Thanks
DBU

Congratulations Desi_boy_usa!! Enjoy the peace of mind :)

Question: were you ever required to do NSEERS? Did you do anything special to get your namecheck cleared?

I am still stuck in namecheck. Mine was initiated in January 2006 and is still pending.

Congrats! I am interested in knowing the same thing: did you do anything to help your Name Check get cleared? And also are you from one of the following: China, Former Soviet Union, or Middle East (of course if you don't mind answering.) Thanks.

Hi All,

Thanks
DBU

FBI contact info

Hi all,

I am stuck in name check as per letter recieved from TSC after initiating enquiry through NCSC. I will highly appreciate if someone can tell me how and whom to contact in FBI. I have already sent letters to my congressmen and senators but how to followup with FBI.

Thanks in advance for your great help.

have you seen this already?

Daniel Huang has posted it on the Yahoo namecheck group. This bill was introduced to the Senate on Mar 7. I'm sure everybody, who stuck in the namecheck, will stronglysupport it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing special

Hi Guys,

I did not do anything special to clear the NC other than contacting local senator and congressman in usual way.
I am from India.

TSCEB2Current, I was not required to do NSEERS. In fact I don't know what it is.

Thanks
DBU