Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

1-2-2-6-1-lin Number-1-3-4

Try the same number between 10 AM and 4:30 PM, you will get connectd to Nebraska SC not National service center

when did your status change after finger printing?

ladude10 said:
It would be grt if they add more specific
like FP clear
SC clear
instead of just LUD and no message change. That will avoid confusion :mad:

Ladude10

1st LC: PD July 2002 CA EB3 PBEC Status: Still waiting
2nd LC (Substitution) PD Jan 2000
I-140 RD 09/18/2006 AD 10/04/2006
485 is in TSC
I765 RD 12/8/06 AD 12/29/06
I131 RD 12/8/06 AD 1/08/07
I485 RD 12/8/06 LUD 12/31/06, 01/24/07
FP code 3 and bio done on 12/29/06

After finger printing did you see any status change instead of LUD? how long it took.. I see some people the status changing after 48-72 hrs as finger printing received bla bla...

mamamiax said:
After finger printing did you see any status change instead of LUD? how long it took.. I see some people the status changing after 48-72 hrs as finger printing received bla bla...

2 days after finger printing... I guess my FP is clear and stuck up in SC.

That means I should worry about my status not being changed!!

ladude10 said:
2 days after finger printing... I guess my FP is clear and stuck up in SC.

If your reply is correct after one week I have not seen any status change on my 485... only thye LUD was as of fingerprint date.. what will be the possible issues for this? let me know

mamamiax said:
If your reply is correct after one week I have not seen any status change on my 485... only thye LUD was as of fingerprint date.. what will be the possible issues for this? let me know

Just a guess ur FP is also pending then. Because generally ppl see LUD cpl of days after FP.

mamamiax,
Usually when the FP check is cleared only LUD changes but status remains the same.But if you still have confusion you can call FBI to know if they have sent your FP result to USCIS or not. They will tell you only that much. Remember this no. is for FP check not name-check. 304-625-2406/304 625 2000

mamamiax said:

DBU,
I am with you for the premium NC processing.Even the USCIS finally said that the whole NC fiasco is due to the lack of funding.I have read somewhere that they pay $4/name-check to FBI.They are saying that with the increased fee one of the thing that they will be doing is

"Improving the timeliness of background checks by expanding current name check resolution capacity, establishing co-located name check resolution capacity, and fully funding the FBI background check process"

I am totally for the fee increase if the USCIS can guarantee that each NC will be adjudicated within a reasonable time frame even if it is 6 months.Read the 2nd page for USCIS' reason for fee increase (Thanks to dragonhead)

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedo...February_07.pdf

The decision of the fee increase is not final yet.Guys if you want to emphasize that USCIS should use the increased fee to reduce the name-check backlog , please send your comment to the federal register.
Comments must be received by April 2, 2007 and must reference the agency name (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services), as well as the docket number/keyword/ID (USCIS-2006-0044).
http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main

desi_boy_usa said:
I wish they start premium processing for background checks or like medicals we can get the backgrounds checks done from third party (approved by govt.) by paying hefty fees.

This wait really sucks. I thought I was almost there but did not imagine that am going into this Background check hell.

Guys what are our options? Contacting senators/congressman seems to be useless Because they are only able to get the status which we know by calling Service Center.

In order to push them to look at premium processing option what do we need to do? Unless something is done, many of us are going to be stuck for upto four years after applying for 485 even PD is current.

I'm still not buying this argument. Because as CIS's No. 1 used "screw you" reason states, they have "NO control" over how FBI handles things. By all means, if the fee increase is really used for NC, then there should be a separate fee item just for the NC. This will be easy for accounting and auditing. The way the CIS is handling things right now just does not make any sense to me.

Moreover, the FBI is a federal agent that serves the general public. So their job is compensated for by the enormous federal taxes we are paying every day. I wouldn't have a problem if the congress signs a bill that increases the budget for the FBI to speed up NC. Slowing down the NC will only help the terrorists to stay longer in this country. Now, the CIS says since NC only benefits the GC applicants, so the applicants should pay more, I just don't buy that.

My prediction is, if the new fee schedule gets approved, the CIS will probably change the way of how they send expedited request to the FBI, so that instead of having 10% >1 year NCers (as what we have seen in FBI's Michael Cannon's testament), the number is probably gonna to be reduced to 5% or so. And you will still see the FBI bullshitting about the 1% stats.

gcbez said:
DBU,
I am with you for the premium NC processing.Even the USCIS finally said that the whole NC fiasco is due to the lack of funding.I have read somewhere that they pay $4/name-check to FBI.They are saying that with the increased fee one of the thing that they will be doing is

"Improving the timeliness of background checks by expanding current name check resolution capacity, establishing co-located name check resolution capacity, and fully funding the FBI background check process"

I am totally for the fee increase if the USCIS can guarantee that each NC will be adjudicated within a reasonable time frame even if it is 6 months.Read the 2nd page for USCIS' reason for fee increase (Thanks to dragonhead)

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedo...February_07.pdf

The decision of the fee increase is not final yet.Guys if you want to emphasize that USCIS should use the increased fee to reduce the name-check backlog , please send your comment to the federal register.
Comments must be received by April 2, 2007 and must reference the agency name (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services), as well as the docket number/keyword/ID (USCIS-2006-0044).
http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main

Thanks a lot for clarifying my doubt..

gcbez said:
mamamiax,
Usually when the FP check is cleared only LUD changes but status remains the same.But if you still have confusion you can call FBI to know if they have sent your FP result to USCIS or not. They will tell you only that much. Remember this no. is for FP check not name-check. 304-625-2406/304 625 2000

Thanks

GCBEZ,

Thanks for the reply.
I am going to send the comments and will emphasize how bad we feel about this whole process.

Thanks
DBU

Don't Rely Too Much on LUDs

I can see that many of you put a lot of emphasis on LUDs. I do too, since with the information vacuum, it provides at least something to check on every day. But my recent experience has caused me to raise some serious doubts on LUDS.

My father filed for his N400 (citizenship) back in May of 2006. Since then, he had his fingerprinting done twice, but his LUD never changed. Just when the lack of activity in the online status was becoming a matter of huge concern, he received his interview notice last week. His citizenship interview and oath is set for next month. When I looked at his online status, it still shows no changes at all (LUD is still May 2006).

So the bad news is that online status, like the "current processing times", could be a lot of bull in some cases. The good news is that just because your LUD hasn't changed doesn't mean that you should not expect your 485 approval in the mail later today. The bottom-line is that we are all playing with uncertainities.

Did you file on your own or through lawyer?

I am thinking of the same. My company's lawyer quotes $8,000+ legal fees..

kaq said:
Filed writ of mandasmus finally.

Rd 485:11-2002

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaq,

Thanks for the reply. Would you mind helping me out here. I have read through this and the other N400 thread. Not too much details regarding Mandamus action.

My strategy is to file the case on my own, and if it goes to the trial phase then I would hire an attorney. Is that how are thinking as well?

May I ask where do you reside (State/city)?

TIA

This message is for Ginnu and others!

I filed my I-485 with VSC in Feb'2006 and cleared my finger prints in Mar'2006.
Also my PD is current.My case is still pending because of Name check from FBI.

I contacted local senator and got help from them. They contacted FBI and got response that my name check has been processed and submitted to USCIS Headquarters in Apr'2006.
For some reason VSC did not receive the results and they say that my name check is still pending.

Can anyone advise on this situation. Did anyone face this kind of problem.

Your inputs are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Has the Senators office contacted the USCIS?
Maybe if they send an enquiry the USCIS will move on your case.

Thanks Al AOS,

Senator contacted USCIS and got a response that my background checks are pending from other agencies. Now Senator's office doesn't want to contact FBI again.
Today when I called VSC, they said my name check from FBI is still pending.

Anybody in South CA want to work with me on WOM

Hi,

My NC for I-485 has been stuck in NC since Apr 2004:mad: . I have decided to file WOM. Still mulling over doing it myself or through an attorney, which by the way costs $8,000+:( .

My current thinking is to file WOM on my own and get the attorney invloved only if the case goes to litigation stage.

I was wondering whether there is anybody in South CA thinking about filing WOM and would like to work together with me? The reason I am asking is -there is lot of information on this site and elsewhere, more heads/hands together will difnitely make the effort much more efficient.

Please reply me here or through PM.

TIA

Hi,

My NC for I-485 has been stuck in NC since Apr 2004:mad: . I have decided to file WOM. Still mulling over doing it myself or through an attorney, which by the way costs $8,000+:( .

My current thinking is to file WOM on my own and get the attorney invloved only if the case goes to litigation stage.

I was wondering whether there is anybody in South CA thinking about filing WOM and would like to work together with me? The reason I am asking is -there is lot of information on this site and elsewhere, more heads/hands together will difnitely make the effort much more efficient.

Please reply me here or through PM.

TIA

if you can make $8000 in 100 hours.........then think of hiring a attorney (with a cap not on unlimited hourly rate....) otherwise its not a big deal to prepare for a case.......hours of research and careful documentation will be required.......i hope that one day they will allow a laptop in the court with a wireless internet.....we can google our way through a case :D