Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

At the beginning, I was holding H1B so that I did not apply for AP. And I think TW people should not have problem with name check. One of my friends (female) who apply for PERM 1 month earlier than us and got her and her husband's GC within 6 month time frame. Therefore, I was thinking...what if I was the primary applicant (female applicant), will things be easier....? Unfortunately, my RIR was withdraw after my husband's PERM got approved....
I changed my job 4 months after I got my EAD (I am the spouse) so that I lost my H1B. Both my husband and I will apply for AP next month when I go to renew my EAD. My husband is thinking to switch the job, too.

Hey Guys, I am from India and my name is SC. RD on my 140/1485 is Dec 24th 2004...more than 2years ...put couple of sentor query...same answer my name is in sc....very maddening ...:)

bobyang3 said:
I guess not :(
do you apply for the travel document? I did and my attoney put "Taipei, Taiwan, ROC" and it shows RPC when I get the document and the gov refuses to change it! it is wasting money because I cannot use that since the passprot shows ROC! so here is another thing I learn, never put "ROC" on any paper! they only undersand "Taiwan" but they dont' understand ROC. which is what they said on the phone to my attoney when we talked on a speaker phone...

let's help each if we know any way we can track it or something. and good luck to all of us!

Hi,
People told me DO NOT PUT ROC.... I did when I applied my GC but now I don't. I do have my AP but I am not planning to renew it yet because you can renew the AP even it expires. Now I don't put ROC at all under any situation... sadly....
One thing I did not do which might cause so much waiting time is I did not put my first name together without a space.... Their system has no dash therefore my first became tow words... otherwise, who will have the same spelling of my two Chinese charaters name..... My friends from China did their first name without a dash or space....
Good luck to all of us for this long long GC journey!

True. Agree with you. the dash in our name is causing problem when we are in U.S.. Most of government system does not take dash inside the name so they use space. However, in this way, they take my second word of first name becomes my middle name. No matter how hard I explain to them that both words should be my first name, they don't buy it. However, some of the system did take the dash. My name is fully spelled with dash in my son's birth certificate and my social security card, but was separated with a space in my driver license. However, I don't think that's the reason we stuck in name check. My ex-coworker from China also got stuck as well. He filed his I485 two weeks before ours.

Response from FBI, is it starndard?

Below is the response for congressional enquiry on my Name check from FBI.
I guess i am here for few more years.

A review of the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI’s) Name Check Program database concerning ********(My name) revealed that a request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services on xx/xx/2006, and is currently in a pending status.

The FBI processes millions of name check requests each year with each requiring thoughtful consideration. We know how important this information must be to your constituent; however, the FBI must also balance the need for national security in preparing the response to each of these requests. The FBI’s homeland security mission requires that our name check process be primarily focused on an accurate and thorough result. While an exact date for completion of this review cannot be given be assured that the results will be made available to the immigration authorities as quickly as possible.

I trust this information will assist you in responding to your constituent.

Sincerely,

Is it pretty standard response?

It tooks 6+weeks for them to send this response.

Thanks
DBU

http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

--------------------------------------------------
01/30/2007: USCIS HQ Confirmed the Report that Mandamus Lawsuits Will Not Lead to Their Acceleration of Namechecks

We reported this news a few days ago. Now AILA-USCIS Liaison reports that the USCIS will no longer accelerate for any namechecks because of the Mandamus lawsuits by the applicants. Hmm.......
--------------------------------------------------

Yeah, Hmmm......

sucks

So now we are left with no options and increasing number of people are being stuck in the Name check hole.

We have already waited several years to come to this stage and here we are still in limbo for few more years. What else can be done about it?

This wait sucks. Hell in the heaven.

Thanks
DBU

And USCIS wants to increase filing fees
Advanced Parole: $305 (was 170)
Employment Authorization: $340 (was 180)

So we can wait and pay...

Cmapocma said:

If that is the case , I hope it will be a 2 year renewal

Just emailed to OScomments

I sent an email to OSComments@dhs.gov to urge an independent investigation to test the credibility of USCIS' claim of 6 month processing time of I485 before the fee increase can be granted. I hope you all can do the same.

Hi Guys,

The response I got from FBI(My last but one post), is it pretty standard?
Do you see anything positive in it?

Please replay.

Thanks

Is it highly unusual to recieve a call from the DAO informing me that she is ready to decide on my case and that it looks good except that my fingerprints have expired (15 months have passed, actually more like 36 months)? So she gave me an appointment for fingerprinting next week and she said that it takes 2 weeks after that and that she will contact me for my appointment with her after that.

But she also directed me to come to the office with my wife and bring passport and all other documents.

Is it normal? I have already been interviewed before but name check has been pending.

Any thoughts from people who have experienced something like this?

maze39 said:
Is it highly unusual to recieve a call from the DAO informing me that she is ready...

never heard they will call you. did you do anything, such as writing a letter to anyone to speed it up? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
richshi said:
I sent an email to OSComments@dhs.gov to urge an independent investigation to test the credibility of USCIS' claim of 6 month processing time of I485 before the fee increase can be granted. I hope you all can do the same.

do you think they really check that email address and will look at the case?
I am stuck and don't knwo where to ask for helps...I wrote to someone in TSC and after a month later, they told me they cannot help me to get any informtion at all, such as pending in namecheck.
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
PD current but no approval yet

My PD is April 30th 2001 which is current now since Jan 2007. I see approvals from May 2001.

If I want to check my file status and would like check if my case is also stuck or not in name check where do I contact?

My interview was done 2 years back, does that mean my name check is done or they are waiting for name check from FBI? Last finger print was done in Sep 2006.

I have Infopass appointment for next week, but from my past experice employee here at Fedreal Plaza (NY) dont have any information besides what they see on their screen.

Please advice...

desi_boy_usa said:
Below is the response for congressional enquiry on my Name check from FBI.
I guess i am here for few more years.

A review of the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI’s) Name Check Program database concerning ********(My name) revealed that a request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services on xx/xx/2006, and is currently in a pending status.

The FBI processes millions of name check requests each year with each requiring thoughtful consideration. We know how important this information must be to your constituent; however, the FBI must also balance the need for national security in preparing the response to each of these requests. The FBI’s homeland security mission requires that our name check process be primarily focused on an accurate and thorough result. While an exact date for completion of this review cannot be given be assured that the results will be made available to the immigration authorities as quickly as possible.

I trust this information will assist you in responding to your constituent.

Sincerely,

Is it pretty standard response?

It tooks 6+weeks for them to send this response.

Thanks
DBU

Looks like a standard response.

I got a similar one today except it says

"a request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services and processed on 07/20/2006, and is currently in a pending status."

Why not a premium Name check?

The only way I see out of this Name check hell in less than 3+ yrs, if USCIS/FBI put a provision for premium Name check. I am sure almost all the people will be more than happy to spend $1000+ to get out of this hell even it takes 3 months.
FBI can hire more agents with the money collected to get rid of the backlog.

Am I stuck in name check??

Hi Gurus,

It has been 5 months since USCIS received my documents for AOS. While talking to one of my friends, he pointed out that I have a greater chance of being stuck in NC.

My name is composed of 3 words: "abc ghf xyz". In my 485, I provided "xyz" as last name and "abc ghf" as my first name. I left the middle name column blank. My attorney didn't ponted out anything while going thru documents.
The fact that I have used two words/names in the space provided for first name may cause problems.

What is your opinion?

Is there a way I can correct my name on documents I submitted 5 months ago?

I got AP approved in Nov with same naming style as well.

Please advice.

Cmapocma said:

shame on USCIS~~
they just want to take advantage of new immigrantors...
If they can speed up all process including name check, even they ask for $2000, I will pay for it.
However, the truth is that they charge us more, but not gonna provide bettet service to us.
They always claim that their processing time already reduce to 6 month or less. However, the truth is that they just take out the people who is pending from the name check out from their statistics.