Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

Both my attorney and I requested a copy of the "USCIS FBI Name Check Aging Report" from USCIS Ombudsman. Both received similar responses, telling that the report is an internal document, which is not publicly available.

In my request I was telling that detailed information is critical - for many, it's easier to know that name check for their region takes 1.5 years, rather than wait for it every day of these 1.5 years, checking online case status and scheduling INFOPASS every month.

Please, send more emails to Ombudsman ( Cisombudsman@dhs.gov ) asking to provide specific information about how long does it take to process FBI name checks by region. Express your understanding that report is not publicly available, and tell them how much we would appreciate it if they made the report public as well as providing other relevant *detailed* information.

Here is a copy of the email I received from them:

Dear Mr. _________,

Thank you for contacting the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (CIS Ombudsman)’s office, and your interest in our Annual Report 2006 to the US Congress.

The office of the CIS Ombudsman is charged with assisting individuals who experience specific problems during the immigration benefits seeking process with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Additionally, the CIS Ombudsman is dedicated to identifying systemic problems in the immigration benefits seeking process, and to recommending solutions to USCIS.

The report you cite in your e-mail is not publicly available as it is an internal USCIS document.

If you have any further questions regarding FBI name checks or other security checks conducted by USCIS, we refer you to the Ombudsman's 2006 Annual Report on our website at www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman . We hope to provide further information regarding this issue in the 2007 Annual Report. Additionally USCIS provides information on security background checks on its website at www.uscis.gov. Among the information available is a memorandum that may be of assistance to you. We attach it for your convenience.

We trust that this information is helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact our office if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
CIS Ombudsman’s office

igor_ch said:
What reason did they provide for dismissal of your case?

FIRST AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE
Plaintiff's complaint fails to state a claim upon which relief may be granted.
SECOND AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE
The court should dismiss the complaint under Fed. R. Civ. P. 12(b)(6) because plaintiff cannot establish tht defendants' duty to act is ministerial, that no other adequate remedy is available, or that plaintiffs have a clear right to the relief sought. See 28 U.S.C. @1361.
WHEREFORE, defendants pray for the relief as follows:
That judgement be entered for defendants and against plaintiffs, dismissing plaintiff's complaint with prejudice; that plaintiff take nothing; and that the Court grant such further relief as it deems and proper under the circumstances.

I used all materials to file my WOM from this forum. I wrote to senator, had couple infopasses, wrote personally to David Still(director of San Francisco INS) and never received a reply from him. My second FP was cleared on Dec 16, 2006 (FP did on Nov 10, 2006). In my WOM I identified that I was legally in the country with H1B visa prior to my marriage, and they denied it and said that I was with TN visa, that I received on March 19, 2005 -and it is wrong, since my first EAD card was issued on March 4, 2005.

What should I do now? Since I submitted my case PerSe and based on all other people experience I thought that my case will be resolved successfully, but it looks now that I need to continue to fight. Somebody told me to write another letter to refuse the dismissal.. but who should I send it to now? Only to judge? or again to all USCIS, FBI, etc.

pal001 said:
Well, personally i've been waiting for my background check to compelete for more than a year. All the reading and researching i've been doing told me that it takes atleast 6months upto 4 yrs for it. I was surprised when i heard from two of my friends that their green card was approved on their interview within 2 months in sacramento. i though applied in san francisco. We belong to same place and had same profile (our spouses are us citizens). So notion of background check from native country being delayed doesnt hold. Also one of my friend's interviewer had all the information pertaining to both him and his wife and told him that fbi does not want his information.

So i wanted to know, if there is a profiling system to pick on whom to perform thorough checks? Also my FOIPA request to fbi came back with no records. I just want to know y my case is being delayed while others are lucky enough to get their green cards within 2 months of filing it. Atleast i should had been notified where the bottleneck is. should i move to sacramento and transfer my file there?

I am aslo stack in SF. My friends(also marriage based) received their GC on the interview after 2.5 month in SF and SJ. I have no idea what is going wrong, since me as their spouces were legally all this time in US on working visas before and then get married.

Help Please !!!

Dear All :-

My case (I140 and 485) is pending since Dec 2004. Feb 2006 my senetor put inqury and told me that my name is in SC. I have been trying to get hold of my senator's office again but in vain. So what should I do ? I tried to call NSC they told me My employer has to put inquery not me. My employer is a*hole doesn't liston . Should I make INFOPASS and try to go there ?

Any suggestion will be highly appriciated

Thanks

Name Check Finally Cleared

Hi,

I contacted my congressman regarding the status of my name check. I got a letter mentioning that my security check from FBI has finally been cleared and sent back to USCIS.

Here are the dates:-

Security Check Request Received : Jun 2004
Security Check Response Sent : Dec 2006

-Kedar

The Mask said:
Hi,

I contacted my congressman regarding the status of my name check. I got a letter mentioning that my security check from FBI has finally been cleared and sent back to USCIS.

Here are the dates:-

Security Check Request Received : Jun 2004
Security Check Response Sent : Dec 2006

-Kedar

Hi
Security Check and Name Check are same or diffeent?

anjs
eb2
pd Nov-2002

spiicy said:
I called the FBI today to find out about my finger print check and i was told on two different times that my finger print check was cleared the same they i did the biometrics which was on the 22nd of sept. 2006 and was forwarded to the USCIS. Can anybody tell me if this can be done so fast and if so why is there USCIS not doing anything about my case because i thought the I-140 and I-485 approvals were based on the name check(which is also cleared) and the finger print check.
Thanks
Spiicy

Dear Spiicy. How did you get the direct FBI contact information? What is the number?

Thanks.

waitingclear said:
Online status shows that my case has been approven yesterday - NC pending for more than 2 years. Applied with my husband and he got GC last year. the lawyer filed AILA in June 2006. No lawsuit

NAME-----------NC Initiated Date----NC Cleared---- I485 Approval
================================================== =============
NAMABER -----------18-MAY-02--- March 2006------April 6 th stamp on pasport
Udacha6-------------20-Sep-02-----21-Dec-02------16-Nov-04
Udacha6 (dep)-------20-Sep-02-------
dima66a-------------27-Dec-02-----23-Jun-05-------09/03/2005
FavorOfGod----------Dec-02--------Jun-05
XYZ-----------------Dec-02--------Jun-05
Tomcat74------------Dec-02------12-Aug-05
khanhammad---------Jan-03-------07-Dec-05-------02/09/2006
steveva2001---------Feb-03--------
pumukliboy-----------Mar-03---------
slt-------------------Mar-03--------Sept.05-------
Barney_hi------------Mar-03--------Oct-05--------02/20/2006
mani_007------------Mar-03---------
pharmboy------------Apr-03--------March06--------May06
gegemon-------------Apr-03--------???????-------approved
getnkk---------------May-03--------
Mayseventh2003-----May-03------5/7/2006 --------5/18/2006
dl1cd----------------May-03-------
MD_Rockville---------Jul-03--------
kevinwushao---------Jul-03--------Jun-05
LCSilence------------Jul-03--------????????---------approved
PHSESAaug----------Aug-03--------
Srisss ---------------Aug-03--------May-05
nc3years------------Aug-03-----
akbari ------------10-Sep-03
candie---------------Sep-03--------
walt1891-------------Sep-03--------
mmz------------------Sep-03--------
dv_2006 -------------Sep-03-------
cuties----------------Sep-03(estimate)----------May06(afterWOM)
rahul76---------------Oct-03--------
Compass-------------Oct-03------------------------March 21
wait789 -------------Oct-03---------Sept8----------Sept11
Inlineforgc_03--------Oct-03--------
MD_Germantown------Oct-03--------Jul-05
15th_year_in_US-----Oct-03--------
BoFromUkr----------- Oct-03--------
oh_god_why_me----- Oct-03--------
VP2003-------------- Nov-03--------
Oct2003 ------------ Nov-03-------------? -------------?
Belle-----------------Dec-03--------Sep-06-------------10/10/06
benbenr--------------Dec-03--------
mwl------------------Dec-03--------
mila2006-------------Dec-03--------02/22/06--------
mgzh---------------- Jan-04--------
acrossjz------------- Jan-04--------08/07/06--------09/19/06
exTrainer------------ Feb-04--------
nc_maya-------------Feb-04(estimate)----
Kartoshkin-----------Mar-04----------
Hidden_Man----------Mar-04--------
Shrek----------------Mar-04--------unknown--------02/09/06
GCCrak---------------Mar-04--------
eternal_labor------04-Mar-04--------
ishturkish-------------Mar-04--------may 06 & Aug 06---- 9/1/06
fbi_name_check----30-Mar-04--------
simnis-----------------Mar-04--------
Burgher-king --------6-April-04-------
buzzhd--------------4 March 04------11 May 2004------06/15/06
stats-----------------Apr-04--------
wildthing--------------Apr-04--------
Spam70---------------Apr-04--------
lx_kumar-----------15-Apr-04---------------
divsan----------------Apr-04-----------????-----------May06
my485_04----------13-May-04--------
nandpc-------------19-May-04-------unknown--------03/24/2006
INS2004Filer--------24 May 04--------June 21 06------
retrohatao---------06-JUN-04-------June 16 2006----07/17/2006
Quizfan---------------Jun-04---------Jul-05--------08/29/05
heha-----------------Jun-04--------
srr4 -----------------Jun-04--------
Malgi---------------- Jul-04---------
Wang2Mazi-----------Jul-04--------May-06
pd012----------------Jul-04--------
waitingclear----------Jul-04----------dontknow--------10/20/2006
Outletvolt1-----------Aug-04--------
Z2-------------------Sep-04------------------------6/22/06
gcva----------------Sep-04--------May-05
romit---------------- Sep-04--------
ultraraj-------------- Sep-04--------
sd70---------------- Sep-04--------
damascus----------- Oct-04--------6/17/06 -------6/23/06
Endless_Wait-------- Nov-04--------
gwang-------------- Dec-04--------
assur ------------22-Dec-2004 ------
joshi343------------- Dec-04--------
ninehead------------ Dec-04--------
shareef_aadmi------- Dec-04--------
littlemonk------------Dec-04---------
xyr888 --------------Dec-04---------
aukumar-------------Jan-05--------
Timaeuti-------------Jan-05---------Feb-06-----March 20, 2006
pbkreddy ---------09-Feb-05--------
Contact00007--------Feb-05--------
Anil007dc------------Feb-05--------
srinihs -------------- Feb-05--------
ls691035------------ Feb-05---------
EB1UB------------15-Mar-05--------
RealSuperK-----------Mar-05--------
light3222004---------Mar-05--------
stinger-------------- Apr-05--------
sunjoshi------------- Apr-05--------
gcrr------------------Apr-05-------
TerraRosa------------Apr-05--------
scv99----------------Apr-05--------
mailgc2001-----------May-05--------
MYGC_APRIL---------May-05--------
feb2001pd-----------May-05 --------June-06-----07/31/06
happy4you----------Jun-05--------
fdfd-----------------Jun-05-------
zoelee --------------Jun-05 ------
Madss---------------??????--------
Steve31415----------Jul-05---------Sep-05 (I-485 Dec-02)
prshuk---------------Sept-05 -------????---------????
austinjoe----------9-Sept-05 -------????---------????
WhyThisDelay------- Oct-05---------
Pinturicchio-------22-OCT-05-------Jan-06------01/31/06
compjobs----------- Apr-05(?)-----
irtev-------------17-Oct-05--------???-----------AD
tantan------------- Aug-05 (?)---------
Bestbuy518-------14-April-04-------

What is an AILA lawsuit?

Thanks.

spiicy.......i think there are couple of things involved with FBI.....one of them is finger print no record verification which takes few hours....and hence its usually done for all of us within a day or so...

but name check is a different animal..... and then there are other background checks initiated with other agencies....

karatekid said:
Dear Spiicy. How did you get the direct FBI contact information? What is the number?

Thanks.

FBI:
304-625-2000.
Ask for FP check results.
Wait for transfer.
Press 3.
Operator asks for A#.
Done!!!!!

Stuck in background check

Hi folks:

My friend's I-485 has been in background check limbo for over 2 years. Of course, USCIS call center has no helpful advice and the Los Angeles Service Center was even less helpful. The last information we received was a request for fingerprints. This was issued on 1-3-07. In the time between the issue date and today, the receipt number will not appear on the USCIS web site and the customer service center says that they can't pull it up on their computer. The service center rep was "kind" enough to remark that there's "probably something wrong with his background check". Anyway, to make a long question short--what do we do now? It might be helpful to know that he is a refugee from Iran, so this means the Nebraska Service Center...The lady at the call center even told me that the FBI is doing his background check in his home country. Is this possible? Thanks for any information you might be able to give.

That phone number is for Finger Print (FP) checks, which are usually not a problem. The problem is in background check (aka NC, or name check).

Here is some info from an older post:

--------------------------
Hi BunnyGC:

I just called the FBI Name check status and they mentioned they do not provide that information any more. So, what avenues do I have to check status on my name check?

Thanks

FBI Fingerprint Status (304) 625-2000
FBI Name Check Status (Main Line) (202) 324-3625
FBI NNCP Public Inquiry Voice Line (202) 324 2399
FBI Name Check Inquiry Fax (202) 324-3367 (Mention Name/DOB/A#/Ph#/Addr#/Email/Fax)
FBI NNCP Analyst Diane Berger – (202) 324 0680 (Do not nag the analysts)
FBI NNCP Supervisor Renee Morton – Call the FBI main line and ask for this person.
FOIPA Contact Person Debbie Beatty (202) 324 6182
FOIPA Fax Inquiry (202)-324-3752
William Hooton – Asst Director RMD Office – (202)-324-7129
FOIPA?????
http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_request.pdf
FBI NNCP (National Name Check Process) email address
???????:FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov

First Lady Address:
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
--------------------------

andy garcia said:
FBI:
304-625-2000.
Ask for FP check results.
Wait for transfer.
Press 3.
Operator asks for A#.
Done!!!!!

karatekid said:
Thanks for the info!
I will try on Monday...

it doesn't work... :(

I called the FBI Name check status last Tue and they said they do not provide that information any more. I don't know what to do know.. FOIA??

Name Check: any way to expedite the process????

I've been stuck in name check for the past 3 years. :mad: Interestingly enough, 3 family members were approved almost immediately (we're a family of 4). Sounds like our file just fell behind a dusty filing cabinet and the FBI haven't been doing a thing. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what can be done to get the FBI a**holes to actually do their job? I heard that sometimes writing to the senator (the actual senator, not his clerks) can help, but others say it's useless. what's your perspective? we've tried the usual: contacted the INS, got the usual "your name check is pending" response. The senator's representative hasn't been helpful either: ignored emails, was rude over the phone and only told us the usual "name check is pending." Is there anything, besides spending thousands of $$$$ on lawsuit, that can be done?

Cleared

:) I had a meeting with our State Senator's Immigration official. She saved me a 6 hour trip to Minneapolis for Infopass to find out that we all cleared name check. Dates? Im not sure. We had our prints taken in Aug 2005 and again in July 06. She is working with the DMV to see if we can renew our Drivers License just with pending I-485's. Our EAD's expire on Feb 5th and that is our 56th day of our pending EAD forms. I sent in an expedite request for our EAD's stating financial hardship after the 5th. She drafted a letter to have the Senator sign in support of this.

We will see what happens this week. :)

Hey Robin555: Could tell me what are your RD dates for i140 and i485 ?

Robin555 said:
:) I had a meeting with our State Senator's Immigration official. She saved me a 6 hour trip to Minneapolis for Infopass to find out that we all cleared name check. Dates? Im not sure. We had our prints taken in Aug 2005 and again in July 06. She is working with the DMV to see if we can renew our Drivers License just with pending I-485's. Our EAD's expire on Feb 5th and that is our 56th day of our pending EAD forms. I sent in an expedite request for our EAD's stating financial hardship after the 5th. She drafted a letter to have the Senator sign in support of this.

We will see what happens this week. :)

Feb 8, 2005

Feb 8th, 2005 for both. I-140 was approved on June 8th, 2005. I-485 looks like June 2008 (Seriously!)