Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

Status message

My I485 was pending from March 2005, and my current status message was changed last month, but Last Updated date is still March 2005 (no change).

" Current Status: Fingerprints review completed.
Review of the fingerprints taken relating to this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS has been completed. Processing of this case continues. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something ...... "

Do you people have same message?
Does this mean there is a progress in the name check?
If not, why they changed status message? Please help.

congratulations nati309 ! what did you do to resolve your name check , can you please share . I am stuck in name checks for 2.5 years and have written to everyone possible but nothing yet !

"Progress" during the last year.

Axxe said:
As of February 2005, USCIS reported 171,428 FBI name checks pending, including approximately 8,500 remaining from the December 2002 rerun.

2006 report

as of May 2006, USCIS reported 235,802 FBI name checks pending, with approximately 65 percent (153,166) of those cases pending more than 90 days and approximately 35 percent (82,824) pending more than one year.

In a little over a year name check backlog grew by 64000 cases.

Nice.

Question

My case LUD has been updated on 12/22 and 12/25. Do they work on Christmas day???!!!

The message still says that “Current Status: Case received and pending“

My wife's status is:

"Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed“

Why is there the difference? Anybody has an explanation? Does it have anything to do with name check status?

Thanks!

duck008 said:
My case LUD has been updated on 12/22 and 12/25. Do they work on Christmas day???!!!

My wife's status is:

"Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed“

Why is there the difference? Anybody has an explanation? Does it have anything to do with name check status?

Thanks!

Did your lawers answer RFE for your wife?

duck008 said:

My wife's status is:

Thanks!

I have the LUD on my AP application. I am assuming that this is batch job which is being ran to update the LUD. (Just an assumption)

Ajoo

duck008 said:
Yes. But how does it relate to my questions?

In a very obvious way. Your case says that they have received a response. It has nothing to do with anything else.

I got to know about my Name check status recently after an infopass appointment and it is still pending. My I140 is still pending.

Thanks!

Tranfer name check from older 485 to new 485

How will I transfer my name check. I have a 2 I -485 pending at NSC.
One filed as Physcians NIW 5 years requirement in Nov 2003( never completed) as I was always H1B & will take 5 more years to be completed in 2010 despite servicing 3.5 years in MUA (Big Joke).
Second 485 is PERM based filed in May 2006, Senator inquiry results in Pending name check since initiated month after filling & now almost pending for 6 months. But by checking on my first 485 it has name check initaited twice in Nov 2003 & Oct 2005( dont know why) but the rep of TSC told me that it came back as " NO RECORD"
I dont want to swap 485 per perason memo as it might confuse them more as earlier one is filed over 3 years ago & has no medical physicals & W-2's
I am trying to swamp my security clearnce status but NSC responding indirectly via Senator involvement in three line.

Since new I-485 trigger another name check, applicant need to wait till this get cleared before this application ge processed any further.

My argument is , its the same name, person & same finger prints, why they have to wait for new one, If I have no record twice on their searches & now its stuck because their data tape voices my name differently, why I have to suffer.

Any ideas appreacited.

nati309 said:
I am happy to report that my name check cleared. It was initiated December 2003 and this month I received a confirmation from a congressman that it's cleared. 3 years. and now retrogression...

CONGRATULATIONS NATI!!!!

FBI response to Senator's Inquiry

Hi All,

How long it took for you to get a reponse from FBI
once your Senator/Congressman sent a letter(to FBI)?

It's been five weeks since my Senator sent a letter to
FBI regarding my Name check, still no response.

Thanks
DBU

Last edited by a moderator:
yshim said:
My I485 was pending from March 2005, and my current status message was changed last month, but Last Updated date is still March 2005 (no change).

" Current Status: Fingerprints review completed.
Review of the fingerprints taken relating to this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS has been completed. Processing of this case continues. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something ...... "

Do you people have same message?
Does this mean there is a progress in the name check?
If not, why they changed status message? Please help.

I too have the "Fingerprints review completed" message in my case status.... It is more than 40 days since and no further updates. This really sucks.... how long more have I to wait ?.

Our GC got approved. Got welcome email & Card order in less then 6 hours.
I am in Name check tracker list, Just want to share.

Receipt Number: SRCxxxxxxxxxx
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO
ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: Card production ordered.
On January 4, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days
for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact
you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can
also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the
link below to register.

ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On January 3, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this
customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on
the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60
days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing
referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before
you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic
e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to
register.

Indianavictim said:
Our GC got approved. Got welcome email & Card order in less then 6 hours.
I am in Name check tracker list, Just want to share.

ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: Card production ordered.
On January 4, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days
for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact
you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can
also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the
link below to register.

ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On January 3, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this
customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on
the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60
days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing
referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before
you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic
e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to
register.
Congratulations...Enjoy!!!

Stack in Name Check since march 04. Marriage based adjustment of status. Had an interview on May, 2004. Filed WOM on Oct 30, 2006. So far received a response from FBI where they ask a judge to dismiss my case. On Jan 18, 07 will have a meeting with DA.

What reason did they provide for dismissal of your case?

kefira said:
Stack in Name Check since march 04. Marriage based adjustment of status. Had an interview on May, 2004. Filed WOM on Oct 30, 2006. So far received a response from FBI where they ask a judge to dismiss my case. On Jan 18, 07 will have a meeting with DA.

Well I guess I shouldnt even complain for my case! Im pretty fresh compared to most of you! Stock in name check since Dec 05!