PHSESAaug-----------------Aug-03--------
Srisss -------------------Aug-03--------May-05
nc3years-------------------Aug-03-----
akbari -------------------Sep 10, 2003
candie--------------------Sep-03--------
walt1891------------------Sep-03--------
mmz-----------------------Sep-03--------
dv_2006 -------------------Sep-03-------
cuties-----------------------Sep03(estimate)------------------May06(afterWOM)
rahul76---------------------Oct-03--------
Compass-------------------Oct-03------------------------------March 21
wait789 ------------------Oct-03--------
Inlineforgc_03------------Oct-03--------
MD_Germantown-------------Oct-03--------Jul-05
15th_year_in_US-----------Oct-03--------
BoFromUkr-----------------Oct-03--------
oh_god_why_me-------------Oct-03--------
Belle2?-------------------Nov-03--------
VP2003--------------------Nov-03--------
Belle---------------------Dec-03--------
benbenr-------------------Dec-03--------
mwl-----------------------Dec-03--------
mila2006------------------Dec-03--------02/22/06--------
mgzh----------------------Jan-04--------
exTrainer------------------Feb-04--------
nc_maya------------------Feb-04(estimate)----
Hidden_Man----------------Mar-04--------
Shrek---------------------Mar-04--------unknown--------02/09/06
GCCrak--------------------Mar-04--------
eternal_labor----------04-Mar-04--------
ishturkish----------------Mar-04--------
fbi_name_check---------30-Mar-04--------
simnis--------------------Mar-04--------
stats---------------------Apr-04--------
wildthing-----------------Apr-04--------
Spam70--------------------Apr-04--------
lx_kumar------------------Apr-15-04---------------
divsan---------------------Apr-04-----------????-----------May06
my485_04---------------13-May-04--------
nandpc-----------------19-May-04--------unknown---------03/24/2006
retrohatao------------06-JUN-04---------
Quizfan-------------------Jun-04--------Jul-05---------08/29/05
heha----------------------Jun-04--------
Malgi---------------------Jul-04--------
Wang2Mazi-----------------Jul-04--------May-06
pd012---------------------Jul-04--------
waitingclear---------------Jul-04--------
Outletvolt1---------------Aug-04--------
gcva----------------------Sep-04--------May-05
romit---------------------Sep-04--------
ultraraj------------------Sep-04--------
sd70----------------------Sep-04--------
damascus------------------Oct-04--------
gwang---------------------Dec-04--------
joshi343------------------Dec-04--------
ninehead------------------Dec-04--------
shareef_aadmi-------------Dec-04--------
littlemonk-----------------Dec-04---------
xyr888 -------------------Dec-04---------
aukumar------------------ Jan-05--------
Timaeuti------------------Jan-05--------Feb-06------March 20, 2006
pbkreddy --------------09-Feb-05--------
Contact00007--------------Feb-05--------
Anil007dc-----------------Feb-05--------
srinihs -------------------Feb-05--------
ls691035-----------------Feb-05---------
EB1UB------------------15-Mar-05--------
RealSuperK----------------Mar-05--------
light3222004--------------Mar-05--------
stinger-------------------Apr-05--------
sunjoshi------------------Apr-05--------
mailgc2001----------------May-05--------
MYGC_APRIL----------------May-05--------
happy4you-----------------Jun-05--------
fdfd------------------------Jun-05-------
Madss---------------------??????--------
Steve31415----------------Jul-05--------Sep-05 (I-485 Dec-02)
prshuk---------------------Sept-05 ----????------------????
al_aos--------------------??????--------late 2005
Pinturicchio-----------22-OCT-05--------Jan-06---------01/31/06
compjobs-------------Possibly-Apr-05-----
irtev----------------10-17-05--------------------AD............???

duniaDari said:
My case is stuck in name check

EB2
140 approved 03/19/2005
ND : 06/04/2005
RD :06/02/2005
finger print done 08/14/05
LUD : 03/21/2006
485 approval ????? God knows
called 3 times to CS of USICS, each time the lady took the details saying that I will receive a letter? over 2 months no letter received?

-DD
cool site : www.VisitorsCoverage.com

2 things. First, your PD should be current. Second, the service center processing dates must be beyond your Receipt Date. For CSC the date is May 22nd 2005. Your date is 6/2/2005.

You are wasting precious USCIS resources by calling them 3 times. This will indirectly affect all genuine cases.

GreenCardVirus said:
2 things. First, your PD should be current. Second, the service center processing dates must be beyond your Receipt Date. For CSC the date is May 22nd 2005. Your date is 6/2/2005.

You are wasting precious USCIS resources by calling them 3 times. This will indirectly affect all genuine cases.

and thirdly the most important factor for GC is clear of NC

Hi All
Today I spoke to an officer in seattle center using infopass.
He just told me that the case is with NSC and he doesnt have any info why my case is delayed.
He asked me to call up 1800-- number and ask for service request.
I contacted senator 2-3 mths back and got to know that my case is stuck in namecheck.
How frequently can I find the status of the case?
ANyone from seattle area who got better answer from the officer?

Look below for my details
PD March 2002 EB2
I140,485 RD: June 22nd 2005
EAD1,AP1: July 31st 2005
FP and Biometrics: AUg 2005
I140 approval:Jan 24th 2006
EAD2,AP2:May 2006
I485...????????????????????????????

pinkie123 said:
How frequently can I find the status of the case?

When I called by phone on status - they told me, wait for the response for 30 days, then call again... since my case was in local office, response came after almost 2 months, longer than 30 days.

When I asked about status in person making infopass, I came once then came in 2 months - they told, next time come not earlier than in 6 months...! so, like once in 6 months as to them..also depends on the officer you talk to...
well if you have dependents, then first you come, then one of them comes...will be more often then :)

Name check pending..

MY I-485 Applied in May 2004, PD : May 2001. I had FP done in March 2005. I have been notified by USCIS a month ago that my application is pending Name Check by FBI. I sent three mails to FBI for Name check. No response. Can anyone tell me when my FP Expires, if they do by the time my Name check is cleared, should I have to go again and get stuck waiting for FP dates?

Also, I have seen some people claiming success by contacting Senator's Office, Director hooten etc. and many other did not have a good response. Is there any specific format or style of requesting in writing that makes a difference when contacting Senator Etc.

Regards.

gvrg said:
MY I-485 Applied in May 2004, PD : May 2001. I had FP done in March 2005. I have been notified by USCIS a month ago that my application is pending Name Check by FBI. I sent three mails to FBI for Name check. No response. Can anyone tell me when my FP Expires, if they do by the time my Name check is cleared, should I have to go again and get stuck waiting for FP dates?

Also, I have seen some people claiming success by contacting Senator's Office, Director hooten etc. and many other did not have a good response. Is there any specific format or style of requesting in writing that makes a difference when contacting Senator Etc.

Regards.

FP expire in 15 months. If by the time you get NC cleared they expire - you have to ask for another FP appointment and go do it again, FP results come back fast, do not worry.

FP expire in 15 months. If by the time you get NC cleared they expire - you have to ask for another FP appointment and go do it again, FP results come back fast, do not worry.

compass,

I am stuck with Name Check since December 2004. My first FP was done in February 2005. My attorney enquired about my case. INS replied on 04/17/06 saying still pending for FBI Name check results. Last Friday (6/16/06) I did second fingerprint (code-3 biometrics) after 16 months. I saw LUD's on 16 and 17 of this month. My priority date is current on April 1, 2006.

My question is Can I presume my Name check is done ?

GreenCardBlues said:
compass,

I am stuck with Name Check since December 2004. My first FP was done in February 2005. My attorney enquired about my case. INS replied on 04/17/06 saying still pending for FBI Name check results. Last Friday (6/16/06) I did second fingerprint (code-3 biometrics) after 16 months. I saw LUD's on 16 and 17 of this month. My priority date is current on April 1, 2006.

Hi,
Our 1st fingerprints were done 11/2004, till now we haven't received any 2nd FP notices. Can you let us know, when did you received your 2nd FP notice? if not how did you mange to do your 2nd FP without notice?
Thanks.
CA98

is FP (code 3) and Name Check are 2 different things.

guys,
can someone please shed light on my question.

my Finger printing code3 were done on 5/18/06 and i saw LUD change on 5/23/06. i even called FBI to confirm if FP were clreaed. they told me they were processed and send back to INS same day.
my question is ..is there any other process that does the name check?? and if ur case is stuck in name check them how do u find out ??

Hi,
Our 1st fingerprints were done 11/2004, till now we haven't received any 2nd FP notices. Can you let us know, when did you received your 2nd FP notice? if not how did you mange to do your 2nd FP without notice?
Thanks.
CA98

ca98,

I got notices 2 days before the actual appointment. I was also worried about my fingerprints. Because those were expired 2 months back.

No, fingerprint is different from FBI name check. My fingerprint was sent the same day as what I did, but my name check is still pending.

GreenCardBlues said:
compass,

I got my fingerprint notice 1 month before my fingerprint expired. It was sent by TSC automatically.

GreenCardBlues said:
ca98,

I got notices 2 days before the actual appointment. I was also worried about my fingerprints. Because those were expired 2 months back.

GreenCardBlues said:
compass,

I would say, 2nd FP notice is a good sign! I know, some people wait for 2nd FP notice long time after 15 months...
I think, if you are stuck in NC, they do not send 2nd FP until it clears.. but not sure, just my thought! In my case, I got 2nd FP notice, then got approval notice, and only after that got a letter from congressman saying that my NC was cleared (do not know when...)

No. Nothing. My husband's status did not change after his fp, but he got GC 2 months after that.
GreenCardBlues said:
Did you notice any LUDs on the day you done with fingerprints and the next day too?

I got my 2nd fp, and then query through infopass. The woman send an mail to USCIS. After a week, I was told that my name check is still pending.

compass said:
I would say, 2nd FP notice is a good sign! I know, some people wait for 2nd FP notice long time after 15 months...
I think, if you are stuck in NC, they do not send 2nd FP until it clears.. but not sure, just my thought! In my case, I got 2nd FP notice, then got approval notice, and only after that got a letter from congressman saying that my NC was cleared (do not know when...)

Guys:

At what point can one know if their name is stuck in name check. When the PD becomes current and you contact USCIS to find why you did not get the approval? I know my PD is not current but just wondering how do I know if mine is stuck or not.

Senator inquiry

I wrote a letter to a senator to ask for help to expedite my name check. I got a letter back saying:

In an effort to be of assistace to you, I have contacted the proper officials with the USCIS to ask that your request be favorably and expeditiously considered. While I cannot direct the agency to rule in your favor, I can help ensure that your case is given every possible consideration. Because of the number of cases pending, it may take a few weeks or even months for a decision to be made. However, I will continue to stay in touch with the agency to ensure that a decision is made as soon as possible.