Lawsuit...?

sbabunle said:
Hello timaeuti
What are the procedures to file a lawsuit in the scenario
of namechek? How expensive and time consuming is the
process?

thanks
babu

Timaeuti can you please post your experience? May be we could get a class actiion going...
Gnat

Name Check Status Inquiry

IND77 said:
In Jan 2006 when I found from USCIS that my name is not yet completed, I contacted congress man immediately. Name check was initiated in Feb 2005 but completed in March 2006 after congress man sends a status enquiry to FBI.

Dear IND77,

Congratulations!

There have been no LUDs on our I-485s for almost a year now, so I scheduled an InfoPass Appointment with an Immigration Officer.

I was told that my Background Check (by FBI) was still pending.

Should I be initiating FOIPA before I approach a congressman?

Please advise me on the best way to approach a congressman, and what to tell her.

Are they generally familiar with name check status inquiry?

Other Gurus, please advise as appropriate.

Many thanks in advance.

Meghraj

EB3 PD Mar, 1999
I-140 Approved
I-485 ND 11/2004; AD ??
I-485 LUDs .... 04/22/2005

Meghraj,

Don't worry. According to my attorney name check is taling around 18-24 month and looks like yours was initiated just more than 1 year ago. my I-485 was filed in Dec. 2003 and am still waiting for ut to be cleared. Just talked to my congressman. They are going to send FBI an inquriy. Let's see what's the outcome.

Meghraj said:
Dear IND77,

Congratulations!

There have been no LUDs on our I-485s for almost a year now, so I scheduled an InfoPass Appointment with an Immigration Officer.

I was told that my Background Check (by FBI) was still pending.

Should I be initiating FOIPA before I approach a congressman?

Please advise me on the best way to approach a congressman, and what to tell her.

Are they generally familiar with name check status inquiry?

Other Gurus, please advise as appropriate.

Many thanks in advance.

Meghraj

EB3 PD Mar, 1999
I-140 Approved
I-485 ND 11/2004; AD ??
I-485 LUDs .... 04/22/2005

Gurus,

Please Answer.

1) Is the NC initiated by the USCIS after the receipt of I-485 Petition or after
the Figerprinting/Biometrics?
2) Does the NC have any fixed period of Validity(like FP validity is good for 15
Months)
3) How can i find if NC was initiated in my case?

Regards.

vicky007 said:
Gurus,

Please Answer.

1) Is the NC initiated by the USCIS after the receipt of I-485 Petition or after
the Figerprinting/Biometrics?
2) Does the NC have any fixed period of Validity(like FP validity is good for 15
Months)
3) How can i find if NC was initiated in my case?

Regards.

These questions were answered already, I I answered to 1) and 3) and someone else posted info on 2).

1) NC has nothing to do with FP, they are separate checks, NC initiates soon after filing I-485 (one day to one month) and FP notice is mailed when they think you may be approved within next 15 months, if this not happens then they mail one more FP notice like happened to me.
My NC was initiated one month after I-485 receiving (oct 2003), 1st FP done one year later (oct 2005), 2nd FP done after 1st expired (Feb 2006).

2) 'security check' is I think 3 checks, one is name/DOB (date of birth) and this one takes longest time, one more is IBIS (not sure on spelling) and takes short time (maybe minutes) but expires soon and has to be retaken when close to approval, and I do not remember what is the 3rd one, I think also takes short time. Search this thread for more info.

3) earlier FBI replied to faxes and e-mails, now they stopped doing it and only way you can find out is to ask your senator/congressman to contact FBI on your NC status. I tried infopass, you may be lucky and get this info if the officer will be nice. For my last infopass visit the officer refused giving me any info.
you may also try Natl customer Serv Center but they may just give you status (pending) but not the date when it is initiated.

Dear Compass

compass said:
These questions were answered already, I I answered to 1) and 3) and someone else posted info on 2).

1) NC has nothing to do with FP, they are separate checks, NC initiates soon after filing I-485 (one day to one month) and FP notice is mailed when they think you may be approved within next 15 months, if this not happens then they mail one more FP notice like happened to me.
My NC was initiated one month after I-485 receiving (oct 2003), 1st FP done one year later (oct 2005), 2nd FP done after 1st expired (Feb 2006).

2) 'security check' is I think 3 checks, one is name/DOB (date of birth) and this one takes longest time, one more is IBIS (not sure on spelling) and takes short time (maybe minutes) but expires soon and has to be retaken when close to approval, and I do not remember what is the 3rd one, I think also takes short time. Search this thread for more info.

3) earlier FBI replied to faxes and e-mails, now they stopped doing it and only way you can find out is to ask your senator/congressman to contact FBI on your NC status. I tried infopass, you may be lucky and get this info if the officer will be nice. For my last infopass visit the officer refused giving me any info.
you may also try Natl customer Serv Center but they may just give you status (pending) but not the date when it is initiated.
Dear Compass and all My case and time line i file 1-485 ND may 18 2002 and interviwe was Aug 2004 officer was told me name cheak not complete wait wait wait than i contact May 2005 conggressman he send quary to uscis and FBI now i just response from conggrassman he reply from FBI was told we recived sumbition of name cheak Jan 2003 and finalize april 2005. my question name cheak clear year before why they waiting for . please reply

i filed my papers in July 2003 and went for interview in April 2005 and ever since i have been waiting for this Name Check to clear.from what USCIS told me and showed me the print out the FBI Name Check has been initiated since 10/02/2003 and they have not received anything yet and they cannot let me talk to anybody upstairs.
Please help me.

you got lucky to get that paper from the officer, what i know INS blame FBI, and FBI blames INS for the delay, we are in the middle...

NAMABER said:
Dear Compass and all My case and time line i file 1-485 ND may 18 2002 and interviwe was Aug 2004 officer was told me name cheak not complete wait wait wait than i contact May 2005 conggressman he send quary to uscis and FBI now i just response from conggrassman he reply from FBI was told we recived sumbition of name cheak Jan 2003 and finalize april 2005. my question name cheak clear year before why they waiting for . please reply

Hi Namaber,
Congratulations with clearing of your name check!
Of course it is strange that it is cleared a year ago but still you are not approved.
Anyway, since you have this in writing, make a copy, go to your local office and show them this, ask to add to your file and ask why you are not approved?
When did you receive the info from congressman on finilizing your name check?

Name Check Status - how to find out?

How do I find out if my processing is stuck at Name Check?

Any help and information will be much appreciated.

aj2004 said:
How do I find out if my processing is stuck at Name Check?

Any help and information will be much appreciated.
couple of ways
read the page you posted on
take an infopass appointment (search the forum and the web for more info) and if you're lucky they will tell you.

hi compass

compass said:
Hi Namaber,
Congratulations with clearing of your name check!
Of course it is strange that it is cleared a year ago but still you are not approved.
Anyway, since you have this in writing, make a copy, go to your local office and show them this, ask to add to your file and ask why you are not approved?
When did you receive the info from congressman on finilizing your name check?
congressman also took 9 month to find out when was name cheak start and when finalize i just got last weak

conflicting reply from congressman and CSC

I initiated a name check enquiry with congressman in Feb and he replied saying

"Your name checks were received and processed on june 16th 2005.The file were returned to the USCIS,California service centre for processing."

But few days later when I wanted to confirm it with CSC (e-mailed to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov]) I got following reply.

"Unfortunately, the principal applicant's background security check has not yet cleared by the FBI as of this date. We regret to inform you that until the result is received the USCIS must suspend further processing on the case as well as the derivative. Thank you for your continued patience with this process."

I don't know who to believe, and what it means? Is my name check cleared or it is stuck forever.
Appreciate your response.

PD: Dec 2001, EB3, Concurrent (CSC)
I-140 ND: May 20, 2005
I-140 AD: Sep 10, 2005
I-485 ND: May 20, 2005
I-485 AD: Pending
FP Notice: March 10, 2006

gc_cc said:
I don't know who to believe, and what it means? Is my name check cleared or it is stuck forever.

Simple, take the response from USCIS back to the congressman's office, tell them USCIS gave them bad info.

Thanks GreenCardVirus.
I did, but they said they could not get more information from USCIS.

PD: Dec 2001, EB3, Concurrent (CSC)
I-140 ND: May 20, 2005
I-140 AD: Sep 10, 2005
I-485 ND: May 20, 2005
I-485 AD: Pending
FP Notice: March 10, 2006

gc_cc said:
Thanks GreenCardVirus.
I did, but they said they could not get more information from USCIS.

You should probably just hold off and stop worrying until your priority date becomes current.

Each passing day, I am getting more and more convinced that taking a risk and going the lawsuit way is the best way.

I guess I just got approved!!!

Hello folks,
I guess, I just got approved!!!!
I did not see the letters myself (I am in TX now) but my daughter just called me and told, 3 letters came today by mail with approval for all 3 of us!!!
Well when we will get cards I will update...but, this means there is hope for all those with NC/security pending since 2003!!! Hang on folks!
I do not know what triggered that, last effort I spent on congressman asking to expedite my case because my daughter is turning 21 soon. I know she still will be covered by some 'child protection act', but congressman for some reason decided it is good reason and he contacted Baltimore office and they then sent FP notice to all of us... recently I was there, on March 16th, trying to find out NC status but lady officer was not willing to give me any info on that...and today approval letters came dated March 21st.