Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

dwhatever said:
NAME-----------NC Initiated Date----NC Cleared----I485 AP/Oath Letter
================================================== ================== namaber----------------18 May 2002--------06-May 2003
dima66a----------------27-Dec-02-----23-Jun-05---------9/03/2005
FavorOfGod----------------Dec-02--------Jun-05
XYZ-----------------------Dec-02--------Jun-05
Tomcat74------------------Dec-02-----12-Aug-05
steveva2001---------------Feb-03--------
slt--------------------20-Mar-03-----20-Sep-05-----27-Oct-05
barney_hi-----------------Mar-03--------
light3222004--------------Mar-03-------
pharmboy------------------Apr-03--------
gegemon-------------------Apr-03--------
getnkk--------------------May-03--------
MD_Rockville--------------Jul-03--------
kevinwushao---------------Jul-03--------Jun-05
LCSilence-----------------Jul-03--------
PHSESAaug-----------------Aug-03--------
Srisss -------------------Aug-03--------May-05
dwhatever---------------Aug-03--------
candie--------------------Sep-03--------
walt1891------------------Sep-03--------
Compass-------------------Oct-03--------
Inlineforgc_03------------Oct-03--------
MD_Germantown-------------Oct-03--------Jul-05
Belle---------------------Dec-03--------
benbenr-------------------Dec-03--------
mgzh----------------------Jan-04--------
Hidden_Man----------------Mar-04--------
Shrek---------------------Mar-04--------
GCCrak--------------------Mar-04--------
eternal_labor----------04-Mar-04--------
fbi_name_check---------30-Mar-04--------
stats---------------------Apr-04--------
wildthing-----------------Apr-04--------
my485_04---------------13-May-04--------
nandpc-----------------19-May-04--------
Quizfan-------------------Jun-04--------Jul-05---------08/29/05
heha----------------------Jun-04--------
Malgi---------------------Jul-04--------
Wang2Mazi-----------------Jul-04--------
pd012---------------------Jul-04--------
Outletvolt1---------------Aug-04--------
gcva----------------------Sep-04--------
romit---------------------Sep-04--------
ultraraj------------------Sep-04--------
sd70----------------------Sep-04--------
gwang---------------------Dec-04--------
joshi343------------------Dec-04--------
ninehead------------------Dec-04--------
Timaeuti------------------Jan-05--------
pbkreddy --------------09-Feb-05--------
Contact00007--------------Feb-05--------
Anil007dc--------------Feb-05--------
RealSuperK----------------Mar-05--------
stinger-------------------Apr-05--------
sunjoshi------------------Apr-05--------
mailgc2001----------------May-05--------
happy4you-----------------Jun-05--------
al_aos--------------------??????--------
Madss---------------------??????--------
EB1UB------------------15-MAR-05--------
aukumar------------------ Jan-05--------
Steve31415--------------July-05--------Sept 05 (but I-485 is Dec 2002)

Seek help from Media

Just got a letter from Senator, mine is still pending. Actually, they just sent status inquery and didn't really push the FBI doing their job. Now I am thinking if we can unite togather and ask Meida's help, hopefully it could draw some attention and become a hot topic - IMMIGRATION CONFLICTS WITH NATIONAL SECURITY?

Now, I have several questions, the first is the copyright issue, since most of quotes are from this web site, USCIS and FBI, how can we get the copyright? The second is that we need more people to know and sign up the pending list. The third is that we need a clear organization and working flow diagrams to reflect how immigration and FBI name check works. The forth is that we need to collect more solid evidences (such as FOIPA, FBI's e-mail and Senator/Congrassman's letters, USCIS) to show the public that how EFFECICENCY that FBI works. The fifth is to come up some suggestions to law makers so that they could push FBI.

Regarding the media, the bigger the better, what about CNN, Washington Post and TIME? What do you think, guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
Adding my name - just found out initiation date by calling VSC

dwhatever said:
NAME-----------NC Initiated Date----NC Cleared----I485 AP/Oath Letter
================================================== ==================
dima66a----------------27-Dec-02-----23-Jun-05---------9/03/2005
FavorOfGod----------------Dec-02--------Jun-05
XYZ-----------------------Dec-02--------Jun-05
Tomcat74------------------Dec-02-----12-Aug-05
steveva2001---------------Feb-03--------
slt--------------------20-Mar-03-----20-Sep-05-----27-Oct-05
barney_hi-----------------Mar-03--------
light3222004--------------Mar-03-------
pharmboy------------------Apr-03--------
gegemon-------------------Apr-03--------
getnkk--------------------May-03--------
MD_Rockville--------------Jul-03--------
kevinwushao---------------Jul-03--------Jun-05
LCSilence-----------------Jul-03--------
PHSESAaug-----------------Aug-03--------
Srisss -------------------Aug-03--------May-05
dwhatever---------------Aug-03--------
candie--------------------Sep-03--------
walt1891------------------Sep-03--------
Compass-------------------Oct-03--------
Inlineforgc_03------------Oct-03--------
MD_Germantown-------------Oct-03--------Jul-05
Belle---------------------Dec-03--------
benbenr-------------------Dec-03--------
mgzh----------------------Jan-04--------
Hidden_Man----------------Mar-04--------
Shrek---------------------Mar-04--------
GCCrak--------------------Mar-04--------
Bambooshoot-------------- Mar-04--------
eternal_labor----------04-Mar-04--------
fbi_name_check---------30-Mar-04--------
stats---------------------Apr-04--------
wildthing-----------------Apr-04--------
my485_04---------------13-May-04--------
nandpc-----------------19-May-04--------
Quizfan-------------------Jun-04--------Jul-05---------08/29/05
heha----------------------Jun-04--------
Malgi---------------------Jul-04--------
Wang2Mazi-----------------Jul-04--------
pd012---------------------Jul-04--------
Outletvolt1---------------Aug-04--------
gcva----------------------Sep-04--------
romit---------------------Sep-04--------
ultraraj------------------Sep-04--------
sd70----------------------Sep-04--------
gwang---------------------Dec-04--------
joshi343------------------Dec-04--------
ninehead------------------Dec-04--------
Timaeuti------------------Jan-05--------
pbkreddy --------------09-Feb-05--------
Contact00007--------------Feb-05--------
Anil007dc--------------Feb-05--------
RealSuperK----------------Mar-05--------
stinger-------------------Apr-05--------
sunjoshi------------------Apr-05--------
mailgc2001----------------May-05--------
happy4you-----------------Jun-05--------
al_aos--------------------??????--------
Madss---------------------??????--------
EB1UB------------------15-MAR-05--------
aukumar------------------ Jan-05--------
Steve31415--------------July-05--------Sept 05 (but I-485 is Dec 2002)

I called VSC today. The customer service representative this time was very nice and helpful. She first said that my case is under "Security review" and USCIS does not have any control over it since they are waiting for a response from an external agency. This seems to be the standard reply. I asked her if the external agency is FBI. She said yes. She also said that the name check was initiated with FBI in March 2004 and is still pending. When I asked her if there is a way to follow-up, she said that I can send an e-mail to the FBI ID. I told her that I have already sent an email in March 2005. She said, yes, they have stopped responding. However, last month (Oct 2005), my name went into the USICS file for following up with FBI and so hopefully it should move in the near future. It seems like USCICS does follow up with FBI if the case is pending for a certain amount of time. I will call again after a couple of months and see if it is completed, if not I will contact the senator or congressman.

For people whose name check have been initiated in 2002 and 2003, have you called your respective service center to find out if your name checks have been completed, since FBI is supposed to be concentrating their efforts on clearing up the backlog for 2002 and 2003. If these cases have reached completion, we would know if this is really the case.

yes i have called just last week. the lady was polite. because my files were sent to local office so she can't do anything. and the local office does not have customer service number. she promised to send an inquiry to the local office. that was it. and i have not heard from them since. well, my expectation is 2 month to hear anything from them, if at all.
and probably the same old 'pending name check' non-sense. ;)

How does one know if their case is under "name check"? I did FP last week. Called DBI number and they told me that FP results were sent back to requester within hours. But that would be for FP and not name check right? USCIS website has no update saying Fp received. Only LUD changed to day after FP. Called the 202 number for name check and they told me that they no longer give status. Therefore how do I find out whether name check is an issue for me or not. Thanks

from what i read in this forum, the only thing left is contact your congressman or senator.

call the 1-866 number listed on your receipt. or make an info-pass appoitment to check your case status. usually USCIS will be able to tell you if you are stuck in name check

belle: what did you tell to the " officer" to get your Name Check status/
i tried to ask them several times without any luck
and whats that 1 866 number? my receipt only have the 1800 3755283... :confused:
thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
k1_visa said:
belle: what did you tell to the " officer" to get your Name Check status/
i tried to ask them several times without any luck
and whats that 1 866 number? my receipt only have the 1800 3755283... :confused:
thanks!
what i mean is you can call USCIS and find out that you ARE indeed stuck in name check. NOT the status of name check.
see my previous post: name check status seems only are available through congressman or senator right now.
hope i answered your question.

belle said:
what i mean is you can call USCIS and find out that you ARE indeed stuck in name check. NOT the status of name check.
see my previous post: name check status seems only are available through congressman or senator right now.
hope i answered your question.

thanks!

whats that 1 866 number?

Finally got apporved!

Today, after a long wating process, I got the magic e-mail:

"This case has been approved. ..."

As you may know I was stuck in the name check for 3 years. My name check request started in November 2002. Finally, last month after calling the USCIS at Vermont center, they told me that my name check was finally cleared, and 30 to 60 day I should get the final notice. Well, today I got it. Just wanted to let everybody that is hope for people wating from 2002.

stuck_forever said:
My I-485 RD is November 5, 2002. And I have been waiting for the name check to clear for almost 3 years. Today I called USCIS at Vermont Center, and the lady told me that finally my name check was cleared in October 19, 2005! She told me that I should receive a notification within 30 to 60 days. I hope the information she gave me is valid. Finally some light at the end of the tunnel.

wow!! congrats! so happy for you. :D
this must have been a huge relief for you! best of lucks!

stuck_forever said:

As you may know I was stuck in the name check for 3 years. My name check request started in November 2002. Finally, last month after calling the USCIS at Vermont center, they told me that my name check was finally cleared, and 30 to 60 day I should get the final notice. Well, today I got it. Just wanted to let everybody that is hope for people wating from 2002.

Congratulations!!! Could you please what you did in the last 3 years?

Really happy for you,
bobby

stuck_forever said:

thanks god

stuck_forever said:

dear stuck now you not stuck not any more please tell me wich number you call in vermount center my i- 485 RD is may 2002 and i am still in waiting line i was interviwe aug 2004 please reply thank you.

why I couldn't go through??

Hi

Congratulations to your approval!!! Your case gives us some hope! Good luck to you!

I have a question to call USCIS follow this sequence:
1) Called the national customer Service Center and checked case status: dial 1-800-375-5283 then press the sequence: 1 (for English), 2, 6, 1, Receipt number)--> EAC.... (It says the system has temporary problem to access your file, please try some other time later.) ???

Then I couldn't go to next step: after listening the status follow Option 3 and then 4. You will be then contacted to an officer in Vermont. ( It always go back to the previous sequence even though I choose other menu options.) ???

I couldn't talk to any officer in Vermont. I tried today, several weeks ago, one month agao. Just couldn't go through. Why???

Please help me to figure it out.

Thanks a lot!

stuck_forever said:
I did it as follows:
- Called the national customer Service Center and checked case status: dial 1-800-375-5283 then press the sequence: 1 (for English), 2, 6, 1, Receipt number)
- Then, after listening the status follow Option 3 and then 4. You will be then contacted to an officer in Vermont.

Hope this info is useful.

you know, i have a feeling Stuck_forever will not visit this website anymore!! hehehe... enjoying life now probably.

if you called VSC service center and talked to a live person within 2 (or 3) months, you are not supposed to call again. that's what i was told when i was talking to a representative. seems like they don't want to be bothered too often.

my case is in the Missouri Service Center...I cannot find the number.
Anyone can help me?
Thanks!