Stuck in Name Check??? Let's track it

Hey Guys!

How about a collective letter to FBI director with CC to NNCP chief Cannon and RMD chief Hooton? May be they'll listen, even if they don't it will be perfect material to build up a writ of mandamus!

Hello Folks,
I am a novice wrt the procedures for name check. Can somebody please clarify if name check is same as NCIC check? I had to go through that test last month for work related purposes... will that help with name check?
Thanks,
P

Last edited by a moderator:
Another reply from NNCP

Another reply from FBI NNCP: as of today NC is still pending...

I had a dream yesterday........
All pending name checks were cleared , the list had all name checks cleared.........all pending 485 cleared..........Gas prices were $139.99 across the country.......iraq war was over.......home prices were record low and so were the mortgage rates.........h1b quota back to 250,000, illegal immigration halted at the borders and we had new calenders the year i couldnt make out but was 20..???
Guess what it was a dream.........but it felt good till it lasted .....
:p :D :cool: :) :)

Al_aos said:
All pending name checks were cleared , the list had all name checks cleared.........all pending 485 cleared..........Gas prices were $139.99 across the country.......iraq war was over.......home prices were record low and so were the mortgage rates.........h1b quota back to 250,000, illegal immigration halted at the borders and we had new calenders the year i couldnt make out but was 20..???

your dreams of $139.99 gas prices might just come true very soon :)) as opposed to the namecheck cleared unfortunately...

tere muh mein ghi shakkar, saw 05 in my dream, wondering what it was, now I know 2005

:D
Al_aos said:

I guess b4 I saw 2005 I woke up. Atleast I can take comfort that you saw 05 unless you saw 05 of 2105 :)

LCSilence

It's a little more than that. My employer through some connections of his finally got hold of the agent (or analyst, no idea), dealing with my namecheck case. FBI person said that he requested and waiting for paperwork on me from some FBI field office. According to his words, he is handling less than 10 cases now and mine is one of those. so this is the story as of yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slt,

Did you tell you about the name check backlog elimination deadline? Is it a good news that your analyst only handles ten cases now? Does that mean most cases are cleared?

That is all i know

Nope, nothing about the deadline. The only thing analyst (or agent) said is that they are grossly understaffed, backlogged and overworked and in these conditions "some cases just fall into cracks". I presume this is what happened to my case.

slt said:
Nope, nothing about the deadline. The only thing analyst (or agent) said is that they are grossly understaffed, backlogged and overworked and in these conditions "some cases just fall into cracks". I presume this is what happened to my case.

Presume it happened to all our cases and lot many others who do not yet know they are stuck in name check.
I can imagine that officer with 10 files on his desk......and thinking to himself.....let me pick up this file today and then read the whole issue again .
Goes to lunch and by the time he ends up requesting some department for further files it is 5.00 and its time to go home.....
so that file being handled is gone under the bundles for the next 10 days barring any public holidays and his doctor appointments.......which would mean he would come aropund to it in 3 business weeks........and so the story goes on

you got the times wrong though go home 3.30, lunc time 2 hrs

Al_aos said:
Presume it happened to all our cases and lot many others who do not yet know they are stuck in name check.
I can imagine that officer with 10 files on his desk......and thinking to himself.....let me pick up this file today and then read the whole issue again .
Goes to lunch and by the time he ends up requesting some department for further files it is 5.00 and its time to go home.....
so that file being handled is gone under the bundles for the next 10 days barring any public holidays and his doctor appointments.......which would mean he would come aropund to it in 3 business weeks........and so the story goes on

looking at the forum, looks plenty of cracks all over out there

:)
slt said:

dima66a said:
Name Date .......NC Initiated Date ...NC Cleared....I485 approved
dima66a...............Dec-02..............Jun-05

dima66a,

Your NC has been cleared already. What is still blocking your way to get the 485 approved?

heha

I don't know. My lawyer, congressman office, and I sent several inquires during last 2 months. The answer is always the same: "Adjudication should occur within 6 weeks". I pointed them that it is already more than 8 weeks since their first answer about 6 weeks. Today my lawyer got the replay: "Adjudication should occur within 6 weeks". :confused: :(

dima66a said:
Name Date .......NC Initiated Date ...NC Cleared....I485 addme

dima66a...............Dec-02..............Jun-05
FavorOfGod...........Dec-02...............Jun-05
XYZ.....................Dec-02..............Jun-05
Tomcat74.............Dec-02..............Aug-12
steveva2001.........Feb 03
slt.......................Mar-03
pharmboy.............Apr-03
gegemon..............Apr-03
getnkk.................May-03
MD_Rockville.........Jul-03