Stubborn - Travel without RTD

ltorresm

Registered Users (C)
I friend of mine got her GC recently and she is an AS08. She is planning to go to Europe next week, not to COP, but she claims that she does not need a RTD. Since she is leaving next week I want to advise her what happens if she returns just with the GC. They will allow her to re-enter to USA?? Or they can send her back to COP.
Thanks for your consideration.

I friend of mine got her GC recently and she is an AS08. She is planning to go to Europe next week, not to COP, but she claims that she does not need a RTD. Since she is leaving next week I want to advise her what happens if she returns just with the GC. They will allow her to re-enter to USA?? Or they can send her back to COP.

They can't send her back. Only problem she may have is during u.s citizenship interview. She may have to explain why she used her NP. But i think its valid to say that waiting for RTD when you are a GC holder is too crazy. But thats my opinion.

If she is going to Europe she needs to have SOME sort of travel document along with her GC or she won't be able to leave the US let alone have to worry about returning. Not sure what her nationality is but I'm assuming she will be required to have a visa. If she shows her GC along with NP or RP she should be fine to come back into the US.

Your posting doesn't provide enough info. Did she use her NP?

She has a VISA and she is going to use her NP. The VISAs are stamped in the NP . She does not have a RTD.
Thanks for your responses.