Still waiting for my asylum decision

You need to go to the clerk of court to get more details about your case.

You should be working with your lawyer to prepare your case file.
Your lawyers should already have submitted a request for your FBI file....
You should be rehearsing your testimony right now.
He said master calendar hearing not individual he will be given a later date for individual

Yo
I have a question. Will someone get deported if their asylum application rejected even referred to immigration court? Or ice will come after you?
You'll be deported if the judge or the board of appeal reject you?
When did you apply?

You need to go to the clerk of court to get more details about your case.

You should be working with your lawyer to prepare your case file.
Your lawyers should already have submitted a request for your FBI file....
You should be rehearsing your testimony right now.
I am in the process of getting a lawyer right now but it is expensive I didn’t go with a lawyer to begin with but I definitely need one

A lawyer's fees will depend a lot on the area you live in, the complexity of your individual case, and the level of experience of the attorney. It also varies depending on whether you want them to handle the entire case from beginning to end, or if you just want help with certain things - filling out the application, representation at the interview, etc. Given the current state of affairs, I would strongly recommend having an attorney handle your case all the way. I would say expect to pay $4,000-$6,000 for an affirmative asylum application process. Make sure to find an attorney that charges a flat fee, not per hour, most immigration attorneys work this way. The fee will usually cover everything from application to approval/referral to IJ. If you get referred to the IJ, then that will be a different process with a different fee. If the judge denies the application, and you want to appeal, that will be a different process with a different fee.

You can definitely try to find a group or organization that can put you in contact with an attorney that can take your case pro-bono (free) or on a sliding fee (cheaper depending on your income) base. But those are really hard to find right now and they're usually overworked. =(

Yes it is 10,000
10K is just ridiculously exorbitant. Don't think that you'd get a better legal representation by paying a lot of money.
If you're close to Chicago, I can introduce you to my own lawyer. She's amazing and she charged 4200$ for affirmative asylum.

OMG, I agree that 10K is ridiculously expensive for one person affirmative case. It seems like H@penf@th was referred to the IJ. Depending on whether it's a family case, or how messy things got during the initial application/interview, I could see that pricetag happening. Otherwise, it's not reasonable and you should probably look at other options.

10K is just ridiculously exorbitant. Don't think that you'd get a better legal representation by paying a lot of money.
If you're close to Chicago, I can introduce you to my own lawyer. She's amazing and she charged 4200$ for affirmative asylum.
Thank you but I am in Florida I am really not going to use him

OMG, I agree that 10K is ridiculously expensive for one person affirmative case. It seems like H@penf@th was referred to the IJ. Depending on whether it's a family case, or how messy things got during the initial application/interview, I could see that pricetag happening. Otherwise, it's not reasonable and you should probably look at other options.
Yes it is thank you

If 10k in exchange to have asylum status I would think it's worth it.

If 10k in exchange to have asylum status I would think it's worth it.
10K is just to take the case, it doesn't guarantee that it's going to get approved. And like msv said, more expensive doesn't always mean better. Anyone paying more than 6K for a single affirmative asylum application should definitely try to find other options.

Once you get an SSN the bank will know it sooner or later it will be on their system. They do not wait for you to give them your SSN.

I have a question so i was a student when i opened an account bank with my student visa and i-20 that time i don't have ssn but now i do so if i didn't give the bank my ssn (i have another bank and i gave them my ssn to build my credit) so the bank that doesn't have my ssn question 1: if i received money should i pay tax for the money that i received or no since they don't have my ssn? Question2: how much money can i receive as a gift yearly without paying the tax for it?

Hello Everyone,
I was on F1 visa and I applied for Religion Asylum on April 31st, 2019.
My first interview got rescheduled to July 09th, 2019. I was interviewed in Los Angeles. (the first one was in June)
It has been 239 days since I filed,
and 195 days since I was interviewed
and my case is still pending.

I inquire about my status almost every two weeks from Los Angeles asylum office by email and they respond that the case is under extended review and that it is waiting for necessary checks to be completed and that since these checks are done by outside agencies USCIS cannot determine when those will be completed.
I also inquired through my congressman and he also got the same response.

1. has anyone been interviewed around July 2019 here?
2. Does anyone know if these checks are done by DHS? if not, what agencies are in charge of these checks?

Hello Everyone,
My first interview got rescheduled to July 09th, 2019. I was interviewed in Los Angeles. (the first one was in June)

I inquire about my status almost every two weeks from Los Angeles asylum office by email and they respond that the case is under extended review and that it is waiting for necessary checks to be completed and that since these checks are done by outside agencies USCIS cannot determine when those will be completed.

2. Does anyone know if these checks are done by DHS? if not, what agencies are in charge of these checks?

We are waiting for more than 1 year until now. Interviewed January 2019 in Chicago. I sent email to chicago asylum office and they responded that they can not send case info in email and need to post or fax. do you have any experience how we can submit case inquiry online since the form name is not in the case inquiry forms in order to create a case inquiry? I also contacted the congressmen in late november and they sent me a generic response that your case is under pending background check clearance .

Hello Everyone,

Are you from one of the countries that is under Trump's travel ban?

We are waiting for more than 1 year until now. Interviewed January 2019 in Chicago. I sent email to chicago asylum office and they responded that they can not send case info in email and need to post or fax. do you have any experience how we can submit case inquiry online since the form name is not in the case inquiry forms in order to create a case inquiry? I also contacted the congressmen in late november and they sent me a generic response that your case is under pending background check clearance .
First of all, you can now check your application online on the website.
It did not work for us as well initially , so I contacted the USCIS and spoke with a representative .He was not able to find my case with the Application ID (three letters and 13 numbers) so he asked for my A number and with that information it took like 10 minutes for him to pull out the information . After that call I was able to login and see my status online. so when you call them ask them to try it with your A number instead of receipt number.