Still waiting for my asylum decision

Quick question so after i got the approval they may change my ssn card? I mean same number but it has on top saying for only work authorization... etc are they gonna send me a new one that doesn’t say this words or no ill stuck with it?
Post approval, SSN doesn't change. Same number, but the card will say that you can work without restriction. I used to be an F1 student, my SSN card said I could work, only with approval. The card I got post approval didn't have that, but it was the same number. You have to go to the nearest Social Security Admin office to apply for a new card after you get your approval (it doesn't come from USCIS).

Hi everyone! I went to pick up my decision today after 2 weeks in NJ office. unfortunately, they didn't find me eligible for religion asylum and they deny it for lack of supporting details on my statement and credibility. however, they gave me 16 days to submit the rebuttal and new evidence. I'm in tremendous stress now and I'm starting losing it and I feel I lost everything and same time I can't live in my home country cuz of my religion. Please if you had or seen the same situation like this (16 days bonus) share with me and also if you think it's a good thing they gave me these days to resubmit again. and anyone who approved after second chance? thank you so much and really need your help pls. and btw I'm on opt status

Hi everyone! I went to pick up my decision today after 2 weeks in NJ office. unfortunately, they didn't find me eligible for religion asylum and they deny it for lack of supporting details on my statement and credibility. however, they gave me 16 days to submit the rebuttal and new evidence. I'm in tremendous stress now and I'm starting losing it and I feel I lost everything and same time I can't live in my home country cuz of my religion. Please if you had or seen the same situation like this (16 days bonus) share with me and also if you think it's a good thing they gave me these days to resubmit again. and anyone who approved after second chance? thank you so much and really need your help pls. and btw I'm on opt status
Sorry to hear about the outcome.

I think you and your lawyer need to evaluate your case. I'm sure your current file is complete, but you need to make sure that every claim in that statement is backed by evidence. AOs work with evidence, the more evidence you give the better: For example, if you say that "in my country, there is discrimination of members of my religion," or that "members of my religion have been persecuted in my country"..etc, you need to show evidence for that. Where is the evidence? One of the easy sources to find evidence is the US State Department Human Right reports : https://www.state.gov/j/drl/rls/hrrpt/humanrightsreport/index.htm#wrapper. AOs love evidence gathered by their own friends over at the State Department.

Your task for you and your lawyer, is to create 'exhibits' of evidence for EVERY claim you make in your case. Even simple things like, "I'm a member of religion XYB" you need evidence to show the AO.

Good luck and tell us how it goes.

Sorry to hear about the outcome.

I think you and your lawyer need to evaluate your case. I'm sure your current file is complete, but you need to make sure that every claim in that statement is backed by evidence. AOs work with evidence, the more evidence you give the better: For example, if you say that "in my country, there is discrimination of members of my religion," or that "members of my religion have been persecuted in my country"..etc, you need to show evidence for that. Where is the evidence? One of the easy sources to find evidence is the US State Department Human Right reports : https://www.state.gov/j/drl/rls/hrrpt/humanrightsreport/index.htm#wrapper. AOs love evidence gathered by their own friends over at the State Department.

Your task for you and your lawyer, is to create 'exhibits' of evidence for EVERY claim you make in your case. Even simple things like, "I'm a member of religion XYB" you need evidence to show the AO.

Good luck and tell us how it goes.

Thank you so much for your reply. you have no idea every tiny info has been shared with me helps my mental state. After I found out about the deny today I passed out it was that hard for me, esp the fact they probably think I made up stuff cuz I didn't. Every single event in my statement happened to me. The main reason for deny that I understand now where my statement is really short and general and he wants more details about my story. the officer had the full picture about the danger I would face if I go back home, his problem was why I didn't have supporting materials in my statement which clearly it was my lawyer fault, he should've been warned me that my statement needs more supporting details.

Hey
I applied for gay asylum 2014.
I had my interview on August 6 2018 in Arlington VA office.After 4 years waiting .Everything was perfectly good( I hope so✌)
I waiting for decision almost 11 months
What you think it’s that normal?What is my options?My lawyer sent just one inquiry 5 months ago and the answer was “ decision is pending “.
Thanks

Attachments

• 532DEDE3-3E4C-432E-B117-8DAED30B186F.jpeg
    532DEDE3-3E4C-432E-B117-8DAED30B186F.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 83
Hi everyone, any update? I`m new here to share my story
I did application on Feb 2015 and I went to interview on March 2016. Since that I`ve been waiting for a decision for 3 years
I kept check status every 4-6 months and first one and two times they told me my case going to background check and after a year or more they told me right now my case is go back to the asylum office and still pending. Last years I went with translator and got angry right on front desk, that they told me different reason to stock because the officer which had interview with me is already retire after interview my case in a year. Cause when she retire but she still can`t make a decision to my case, so they short to the officer to handle this type of case and has to be the superior to handle this left case.
Lastest time I checked my case status in the end of April 2019, and there is a superior have a conversation with me, she said she will find my case and see what`s going on, if they need more information I will get the letter by a month. But right now is Aug 2019 I got nothing from them.
In this coupe day I started to find a way to get the infopass appointment to see the officer and trying to talk to them directly.
In the last, why I didn`t do the infopass during this long time? In the beginning I though my attorney will did everything for my case cause I paid for that, but I just realized recently that they only care about the money, nobody care about you unless yourself, that`s my story. If you still waiting for kind of reason, just move on, do it by yourself, don`t wait.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, any update? I`m new here to share my story
I did application on Feb 2015 and I went to interview on March 2016. Since that I`ve been waiting for a decision for 3 years
I kept check status every 4-6 months and first one and two times they told me my case going to background check and after a year or more they told me right now my case is go back to the asylum office and still pending. Last years I went with translator and got angry right on front desk, that they told me different reason to stock because the officer which had interview with me is already retire after interview my case in a year. Cause when she retire but she still can`t make a decision to my case, so they short to the officer to handle this type of case and has to be the superior to handle this left case.
Lastest time I checked my case status in the end of April 2019, and there is a superior have a conversation with me, she said she will find my case and see what`s going on, if they need more information I will get the letter by a month. But right now is Aug 2019 I got nothing from them.
In this coupe day I started to find a way to get the infopass appointment to see the officer and trying to talk to them directly.
In the last, why I didn`t do the infopass during this long time? In the beginning I though my attorney will did everything for my case cause I paid for that, but I just realized recently that they only care about the money, nobody care about you unless yourself, that`s my story. If you still waiting for kind of reason, just move on, do it by yourself, don`t wait.
Thank you so much. I filed last year and my decision pending for 1 and half years. I didn’t have a lawyer in the beginning. These couple of months I was thinking my case is getting delayed because I didn’t have a lawyer to help me. Thank god I didn’t waste my money. Where did you file your case?

I have a question so i was a student when i opened an account bank with my student visa and i-20 that time i don't have ssn but now i do so if i didn't give the bank my ssn (i have another bank and i gave them my ssn to build my credit) so the bank that doesn't have my ssn question 1: if i received money should i pay tax for the money that i received or no since they don't have my ssn? Question2: how much money can i receive as a gift yearly without paying the tax for it?

Hi friends,
has anybody got a decision after having an interview in January 2019? Mine is almost 1 year after the interview and no news. How I can call or email the asylum office and get an update? My field of office was in Chicago.

Hi friends,
has anybody got a decision after having an interview in January 2019? Mine is almost 1 year after the interview and no news. How I can call or email the asylum office and get an update? My field of office was in Chicago.
I read a post by an asylum seeker on this forum a few days ago. He applied in Oct 2018 and was interviewed in Nov 2018 in Chicago. He was referred to court in Dec 2019. That's the longest wait time I have ever seen on this forum (in the post LIFO era)
I would say you should be expecting an update soo. Keep us posted

:)! Good question. The full testimony is written down already when you go to court, in a document titled 'personal statement'. Your lawyers have to help in drafting this document, together with exhibits (evidence).

In court, it depends on the judge. Some will want you to recite the full testimony (very very rare). The majority of judges are not interested in hearing it again because they will have already read the whole court file, including the personal statement that your lawyers submit to the clerk of court ahead of the hearing. You have to be prepared to answer questions from the EOIR lawyers and also the judge. This is not a criminal case, so questions from the EOIR lawyers and judge are not dramatic :).

Lastly, the judge has too many cases to adjudicate. They have no time to hear your story. Government lawyers (EOIR lawyers), are also handling too many cases, hard for them to know the facts of your case. I would bet my dollar that some of the government lawyers come to the hearing without reading your case file!

In my case, I was standing in the box. After the oath, judge said to recount my experiences...the basis of my claim...he stopped me within a minute! He asked the government lawyer...do you have questions for the defendant? He said no. Then quickly, he said I will deny the case based on 'credible fear of future persecution.' However, 'I will grant the case based on past contraventions of UN Human rights.' The court hearing was done in under ten minutes....more time spent on the judge signing the papers than the actual hearing.
Wow. Great am relieved a bit. My individual hearing is in oct 2020.

:)! Good question. The full testimony is written down already when you go to court, in a document titled 'personal statement'. Your lawyers have to help in drafting this document, together with exhibits (evidence).

In court, it depends on the judge. Some will want you to recite the full testimony (very very rare). The majority of judges are not interested in hearing it again because they will have already read the whole court file, including the personal statement that your lawyers submit to the clerk of court ahead of the hearing. You have to be prepared to answer questions from the EOIR lawyers and also the judge. This is not a criminal case, so questions from the EOIR lawyers and judge are not dramatic :).

Lastly, the judge has too many cases to adjudicate. They have no time to hear your story. Government lawyers (EOIR lawyers), are also handling too many cases, hard for them to know the facts of your case. I would bet my dollar that some of the government lawyers come to the hearing without reading your case file!

In my case, I was standing in the box. After the oath, judge said to recount my experiences...the basis of my claim...he stopped me within a minute! He asked the government lawyer...do you have questions for the defendant? He said no. Then quickly, he said I will deny the case based on 'credible fear of future persecution.' However, 'I will grant the case based on past contraventions of UN Human rights.' The court hearing was done in under ten minutes....more time spent on the judge signing the papers than the actual hearing.
Hi, this is very helpful thank you so much I myself got referred to immigration court and my master hearing is March 2020 did my interview on March 2018 and check the court system on October 2019 come to find out am going to court but I haven’t gotten any mailed as yet I can’t even type how depressed and stressed I am but it is apart of live and ooo I filed in Florida

Hi, this is very helpful thank you so much I myself got referred to immigration court and my master hearing is March 2020 did my interview on March 2018 and check the court system on October 2019 come to find out am going to court but I haven’t gotten any mailed as yet I can’t even type how depressed and stressed I am but it is apart of live and ooo I filed in Florida
You need to go to the clerk of court to get more details about your case.

You should be working with your lawyer to prepare your case file.
Your lawyers should already have submitted a request for your FBI file....
You should be rehearsing your testimony right now.

Wow. Great am relieved a bit. My individual hearing is in oct 2020.
General Notes:

Cases are generally simple, but they quickly become complicated if you are not careful. I spent lots of time at the immigration courts, learning the system, attending other people's hearings, etc. These are some of the issues that will make your case very complicated = give govt. lawyers a chance to raise issues for the denial of your case:

1. DUI convictions - this is a major issue. I remember one guy, he had so many DUIs that the judge didn't know what to do with his case. Govt. lawyers were claiming that he was not fit to be a member of the society.
2. Any brush with US court system - anything on your record is a bad thing, establishes grounds for opposition to your case.
3. Weird acts abroad - issues from abroad can work against you.

The point i'm trying to make is: Do all you can to 'fly under the radar' ....do not complicate your case if you can. It will help your case. I have posted on many threads here about immigration, so search for them and read my adventures. Good luck.

I have a question. Will someone get deported if their asylum application rejected even referred to immigration court? Or ice will come after you?

General Notes:

Cases are generally simple, but they quickly become complicated if you are not careful. I spent lots of time at the immigration courts, learning the system, attending other people's hearings, etc. These are some of the issues that will make your case very complicated = give govt. lawyers a chance to raise issues for the denial of your case:

1. DUI convictions - this is a major issue. I remember one guy, he had so many DUIs that the judge didn't know what to do with his case. Govt. lawyers were claiming that he was not fit to be a member of the society.
2. Any brush with US court system - anything on your record is a bad thing, establishes grounds for opposition to your case.
3. Weird acts abroad - issues from abroad can work against you.

The point i'm trying to make is: Do all you can to 'fly under the radar' ....do not complicate your case if you can. It will help your case. I have posted on many threads here about immigration, so search for them and read my adventures. Good luck.
Thanks how do I search? I know I have come across a few but is it possible I message you? I need to really get all the info from you please