still wait for travel passport

arsen098

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys! one question - In the medium of March I applied for Travel passport, but still didn't get it. Anybody faced like that problem?

What do you mean by travel passport? A refugee travel document, re-entry permit, US passport, or a passport from another country?

Yes, I provided my fingerprints and photograph already, it was 29-th April, I'am asking, because I checked on the website USCIS , that Nebraska center making it 3 months...Some of my friends received those documents for 3 months ))) So, can RTD delay more than 6 months or no? Iam afraid delay because Iam planing flight on the September...

RTD can't be issued until the IBIS check is complete. Some cases take longer and some cases take less. It usually takes 1.5 to 6 months.

By the way, if you had a previous unlawful presence (180 days or more) in the past, you should not travel even if you are an asylee and have a valid RTD because you will trigger the inadmissibility bar section 212(a)(9)(b)(i)

If you did not have any unlawful presence in the past (180 days or more), then you can travel with RTD without any problem. Good luck.

Yes, I provided my fingerprints and photograph already, it was 29-th April, I'am asking, because I checked on the website USCIS , that Nebraska center making it 3 months...Some of my friends received those documents for 3 months ))) So, can RTD delay more than 6 months or no? Iam afraid delay because Iam planing flight on the September...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for help.What is it IBIS ?

IBIS is one of the three background checks that USCIS uses.

I-131 requires IBIS name check and FBI fingerprint check
I-485, I-589, and N-400 require IBIS name check, FBI name check, and FBI fingerprint check

Usually IBIS name check and FBI fingerprint check don't take that much time. It only takes 48 hours for most people.

I called in USCIS customer service and operator told me that now they process applications for January and in 49-50 days they gonna process applications for February and March )))

Hello, everybody ! I don't know how, but yesterday I checked my case on the USCIS.GOV and knew that my RTD is ready, and today I got it by mail. Unbelievable! )))

Thanks. Of course, I applied to Texas center, but I got notice about '' your application is received and in process'' and notice about fingerprints from Nebraska center... I don't know why.

RTD can't be issued until the IBIS check is complete. Some cases take longer and some cases take less. It usually takes 1.5 to 6 months.

By the way, if you had a previous unlawful presence (180 days or more) in the past, you should not travel even if you are an asylee and have a valid RTD because you will trigger the inadmissibility bar section 212(a)(9)(b)(i)

If you did not have any unlawful presence in the past (180 days or more), then you can travel with RTD without any problem. Good luck.

This is not true. You missed understand something. It is about Advance Parole holders I-512 (asylum pending...), but not RTD holders I -571. Here is link http://reliableusimmigration.com/Home.aspx?SName=newsdetails&newsid=3