Still nothing after 2+ years passed interview

waiting06

My wife and I applied citizenship back in 2006. We passed our interviews in Jun 0f 2006 and were told we would just need to pass security check/name check.
We checked in April of 2007 and were told we were still stuck in the "check".
So far till now, still nothing...

Any one else had the same experience? What do we do here?

Thx!

My wife and I applied citizenship back in 2006. We passed our interviews in Jun 0f 2006 and were told we would just need to pass security check/name check.

Thx!

Do an Infopass, contact USCIS ombudsman, contact congressman. If all fails, consider lawsuit.

You have the legal right to get your ceremony done within a certain time period after the interview (90 days I believe). Read up on on the name check lawsuits and sue USCIS and the FBI. Most of these lawsuits result in pretty much immediate approval since USCIS knows they are wrong.

Thx!

I would have to agree with you. It is unacceptable. They have to have the decency to advise in writing the reason behind it, whatever it is. :D

waiting06, first check on current status. Call customer service, decline to open service request (waste of time), instead request to speak to an immigration officer. After being transferred ask him/her if your name check was cleared and when. If it was, what is the status of the case, and then ask to schedule oath.

If result is negative, schedule Infopass and ask very same questions in your local DO.

If result is negative again, file lawsuit without hesitation. No extra preparation necessary. By the law, CIS is obligated to conduct your oath in 120 after interview. Filing 1447(b) is easy and effective, you'll get your citizenship in 2 months at the latest.

Cybex is right

I agree with Cybex. Last year I followed his advice and today I am a proud USC. Had I not filed WOM, I wouldn't be here where I am at this stage. I would have been still waiting for my IL in the mail.

Thanks to Cybex and many other fellows here on the forum.

Thx!

My PD is Jan '06. Interview was Jun '06. Jun '08 NC cleared, then 2nd FP and Oath will be on Aug 28 '08. I think you case will be done soon as well. I think it's too late for 1447(b) since FBi is really cleaning the mess. Looks like they don't have FIFO for it since my co-worker who's priority day year after me (Jan '07) got his NC cleared on Apr '08 while mine on Jun '08.

Last edited by a moderator: