Status after getting EAD

Once you are on your EAD and you let your H1 expire, you are in a pending status. If for some reason your application is denied, you will be considered to be unlawfully present in this country.
MGM

Actually I was trying to open brokerage account with Vanguard lately and they told me non redident with H1-B status can not open account even if he/she has US address. So I was wondering if the status changes once you get EAD.Looks like we will be considered non residents until we get G cards.

Actually I was trying to open brokerage account with Vanguard lately and they told me non redident with H1-B status can not open account even if he/she has US address. So I was wondering if the status changes once you get EAD.Looks like we will be considered non residents until we get G cards.

Please read my post again. Resident/Non-Resident are tax terms, not immigration.

If you are filing taxes as a US resident (using a 1040) then you are a resident alien and should tell Vanguard so. They don't care about your immigration status, just your tax residency.

Which status I should pick from the drop off menu for e-file of EAD. No adjustee, EAD, AOS, or Pending in the list (My I-94 is J1; expiration DS) and I am currently using my EAD and my AP still pending. Thanks

You should choose AOS (Adjustment of Status).

Which status I should pick from the drop off menu for e-file of EAD. No adjustee, EAD, AOS, or Pending in the list (My I-94 is J1; expiration DS) and I am currently using my EAD and my AP still pending. Thanks