Some Questions about Citizenship-Please help!

sanju_denver

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends:

I got my Green card approved on 11 Nov 2003. I did change my employer in January of 2004.

Last year again we had a big layoff in July 2007 - I went on unemployment but after January 2008 I decided to start my own company and cancel unemployment.

My questions:

1. When can I file for Citizenship?

2. Changing employer will be any issue? ( I didn't complete one year with that employer).

3. What is the process for the citizenship? ( where to file, what to do ...and all)

4. Do you think my case is fine?

-Sanju

1. When can I file for Citizenship? -- You can starting filing rite now

2. Changing employer will be any issue? ( I didn't complete one year with that employer). --- No issue... People always worried about this, but no one has been stopped unless it was fraud and uscis knew about it.

3. What is the process for the citizenship? ( where to file, what to do ...and all) --- go to the uscis site.. u have info... u need to file N-400 and talk to your GOD.

4. Do you think my case is fine? -- your case is fine unless you have not committed any crime that we don't know about.

1. When can I file for Citizenship? -- You can starting filing rite now

2. Changing employer will be any issue? ( I didn't complete one year with that employer). --- No issue... People always worried about this, but no one has been stopped unless it was fraud and uscis knew about it.

3. What is the process for the citizenship? ( where to file, what to do ...and all) --- go to the uscis site.. u have info... u need to file N-400 and talk to your GOD.

4. Do you think my case is fine? -- your case is fine unless you have not committed any crime that we don't know about.

GhantaBro, your signature shows that you became citizen after your 2nd FP. That means you didn't have an interview? (if that's the case, it's well deserved considering the ordeal you went through!)

Thanks!! to Ghanta n nkm..

After filing - u just wait ?? or same story as of GC.

File - wait for FP - wait for next ??

How long it takes to get citizenship??

-Sanju

After filing - u just wait ?? or same story as of GC.

File - wait for FP - wait for next ??

How long it takes to get citizenship??

-Sanju

file N-400, wait for receipt, then wait for FP notice, 2-3 wait for interview letter in Denver area then oath, probably 5-8 months process depending on your case. if simple then shouldnt take too long

Just remember that you can file up to 90 days before November 11. If you applied today, it would be too early (97 days). Wait at least another week before you file.

Great!!

Another question.

I am single - If I get married.

What is my best bet - To marry now before I become citizen and file my spouse's paper right after I am citizen.

OR

I should wait till I become citizen and file her papers.

What is the best way to bring her (if I am married hahaha) into US? on some fiancee visa or after citizen ship?? How long it takes to get her into US.

-Sanjiv

Thanks Triple!

Can you tell me what is K-1 / K-3 ? Is it easy to get ? How long it takes to get these visas?

-Sanju

Another question.

I am single - If I get married.

What is my best bet - To marry now before I become citizen and file my spouse's paper right after I am citizen.

OR

I should wait till I become citizen and file her papers
Depends on whether your future spouse is already in the US, and if she is what is her immigration status.

Update Time + Questions

I have filed my case on Aug 13 and priority date is Aug 15.

I have got my finger print notice as well - scheduled for Sept 17.

Do I get any case number? Is my LIN number is my case number?

How do I track it?

What is next?? Will I see any update online or in the mail ( I plan to travel so want to know)

Thanks in advance.

I have filed my case on Aug 13 and priority date is Aug 15.

I have got my finger print notice as well - scheduled for Sept 17.

Do I get any case number? Is my LIN number is my case number?

How do I track it?

What is next?? Will I see any update online or in the mail ( I plan to travel so want to know)

Thanks in advance.

Have you looked at the website of http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis yet? There is case status online on the left navigation section of the website. Please note: case status online is unreliable and meaningless. LIN number is your case number.

After you get your fingerpint (fp) done, you will be waiting for interview notice letter via postal mail. I suggest you not to travel because the processing time may be faster than you think and you would prepare to gather documents (driving records if you have citations, court paperwork if you have arrest warranty, tax transcripts, etc) for the interview and study for exam. You might not want to miss an interview/oath. The processing time is probably from 4 to 9 months. (depends on your district office processing times). Just pray that namecheck is cleared. You may travel but not stay outside too long. Perhaps you can start traveling right now since you have filed your case on august 13. good luck!! :)

if your location is denver, here's the processing times: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=22 BUT don't trust those processing times because some people got interview notice in 4 months after they filed their cases. In fact, I got my interview notice in 5 months after I mailed my application when the processing times of my district office said 10 months (I think).

Last edited by a moderator: