***********So, Is our I-485 Litigation Over?*************

There are other countries, who use non-citizens for their own benefits, but never ever let them come close to either GC or citizenship. Atleast this country has a better sense of "Fairness". I'm really not sure about India's GC and citizenship laws.

Originally posted by nagpurichokra
Only way non-citizens can influence the political decisions (like APAC, etc) is through fund raiser for targeted senate and congress members on Immigration standing committiees like Sen Chambers and Sen Hatch. Only power other than vote is money, which can influence the voters. Getting Greencard is not a right, its privilidge and we should be grateful and thankful to USA and their kind citizens.
-NC

Giving green card is some kind of social contract negotiated between the immigrants and US . Remind you that USCIS is not bestowing anything on us. The mandate of USCIS is to implement the laws...they are not doing any favor to us...USCIS is not USA, it is just any other federal agency ....one has to differentiate between Congress which represents will of US people and USCIS...

I totally agree that giving green cards , accepting people on immigration is a soverign right of the nation. US Congress acts in the best interests of USA. And for that sake they have written this social contract. Remember, this is not a charity given to beggers. It is well thought strategic decision in the best interests of USA. Moreover, USA is built on certain ideals and Congress has a sacred duty to carry forward that ideals.
USCIS is just an body implementing that will of the US people.
From the perspective of an immigrant, had US not giving green card, they would have exercised other options...World is full of opportunities....As an individual, I have every right to exercise my free will. I have opted this country because of better opportunities and one cannot change the rules in the middle of the game, stranding me no where. I live one life and whatever time I lost I am not going to get back...I cannot move six years of my life back...

-rajum

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure no one is demanding GC, we are just asking timely process of the immigration benefit application. So our request is just adjudication not approval.

If CIS or US government thinks that we are at their mercy then they can send all the immigrants to their home country. Except native Americans everyone is immigrant in this country. Backlash is not just one way, so country like India, China, Russia, EU ... will ask US corporates to pack all their operations in their country.

Don't ever think that US government or American citizens are doing us favor by inviting immigrants to this country.

Originally posted by cinta
Hello rajum,

They can contract out several aspects/parts of the process like the Security Checks. DOL is contracting out the LC backlogs in two facilities, in NYC and Dallas.
I do not believe they EVER sincerely acknowledged the problem and its implications. They advertise the Elimination of Adopted Children as a success for BACKLOGS!!! Not to mention the "every applicant should receive the right benefit at the right time"!

FIFO: CIS has in the past indicated that due to the Security Checks taking different times for applicants, there is no real FIFO. Nobody complained, so they are taking it to the Nth degree..

Cinta,
I agree 100 % with you. Where there is a will, there is a way...and obviously I believe that there is no will...
When I read on the other posting that it takes 2 years to train the IIO...To me it is a bull shit..I also realize that we don't have any other option other than listening to this kind of stuff...I feel sad when some people genuinely buy these kind of arguments...Most of the times, I resign to the obvious...

To all,

Whenever I read any genuine proposals, first thing I start wondering is how we can take this message to the broader audience who can influence the policy.
Definitely this costs us time and money.

Some how I feel that our sufferings has not reached a critical mass to launch any concerted effort...It has not reached the critical mass like it reached in 1999 where we have no go but to act....now, at least some leeway is there in the form of AC 21 and so many people are taking easy....Am I right ? I myself is definitely feeling stifled... some people are doing whatever they can...but we have to do as a group, our lives and ambitions for better life has invariably tied up ....otherwise no one is going to succeed...

In that respect, I view fund collection mostly as a function of sufferings and to some extent the leadership.

The fund collection is not upto the mark...despite best efforts by dsatish....and what suprised me was the attitude of some friends...they talked about how much suffering one is undergoing and no one is not doing anything and all that stuff but when it comes to donation they started avoiding....

If we cannot collect enough money, we cannot take our message effectively to law makers and opinion makers, otherwise we have to restrict ourselves to this law suit. In that way, we owe a lot to Rajiv Khanna. At least, he has brought relief to people like me who are sulking to the feeling of helplessness.

As I said earlier, I personally believe that fund collection is mostly a function of suffering, am I right in assuming that people are not feeling that kind of threat levels to bargain for any kind of relief....or is the leadership is so bad that it is overwriting their concerns for green card ? If so, What do you expect the core team to do ..(remember that core team members are just like you who has to raise their families, they have to do their jobs to get their green card, and they got their job insecurities just like everybody)...Be honest in the opinions.....

-rajum

Are we collecting fund for some charity???? Obviously no, we are just pooling money from fellow sufferers to relay our problem to appropriate authorities to resolve those issues. Backlog problem was not addressed since we never joined together to raise our voice for our problems.

Originally posted by Edison
I prefer not to introduce any restriction unless Rajiv has some reservations.

Edison,
I guess you are right. Let's invite every one who is interested. After all most of the people would be interested in listening to what Rajiv says than telling something to Rajiv :D

Originally posted by Edison
Are we collecting fund for some charity???? Obviously no, we are just pooling money from fellow sufferers to relay our problem to appropriate authorities to resolve those issues. Backlog problem was not addressed since we never joined together to raise our voice for our problems.

Well said Edison. Fund collection is a show of our Unity and our resolve to fight back against the backlogs. By not contributing to the fund , you all are encouraging the USCIS. They (USCIS) will go unopposed if we don't stand up. Please treat this as your most important battle in life and please encourage us (the people who are leading this effort). When we don't see much encouragement from all of you, it looks scary sometimes. As of now, we have collected about $8500. We would like to collect atleast 30K.

Please contribute TODAY at www.immigrationportal.org .

Here are related links for information about discussions on fund collection (you can find explanations about our objectives) :

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122531&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121175&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

NSC Describes Its Plan for Concurrent Adjudications of I-140s/I-485s

Cite as "Posted on AILA InfoNet at Doc. No. 04042062 (Apr. 20, 2004) ."

CHANGES TO NSC PROCESSING OF I-140s/I-485s:

Effective April 1, 2004, the I-140 process was moved into the Residence Product Line. This was done to facilitate the concurrent adjudication of the I-140/I-485's, which will take effect April 30, 2004. This change is not part of the pilot program to adjudicate I-140/I-485 adjudication within 75 days of filing. EB stand-alone adjustments will continue to be processed, but it is anticipated that processing times will slow as the NSC works two tracks of EB adjustments.

NSC will soon be advancing the PTR dates for EB adjustments. Once less than 10% of a month's cases are still pending, the PTR date will advance to the next month. It should be noted that a small percentage of cases filed prior to the PTR date will still be pending. These are generally cases with expired prints, or more significantly, with pending FBI Name checks.

NSC is currently preparing all EB adjustments for adjudication which were filed December 2002 or earlier. Cases are deemed "adjudication ready" when fingerprints and the FBI name checks are completed. The NSC Contractor reviews all cases filed in December 2002 or earlier on a weekly basis to identify every case ready for adjudication, or conversely, every case with newly expired fingerprints requiring fingerprint rescheduling. This process ensures cases are brought to the adjudicators as quickly as possible and that older cases do not get overlooked.

Most cases filed prior to December 2001 which are not "adjudication ready" are held because of problems with the FBI name clearance. At the NSC there are approximately 2,200 cases filed prior to January 2002 which have not been cleared for adjudication. There are over 24,500 cases filed between February and December 2002 that are waiting for clearances. Again, the NSC sweeps "on deck" cases weekly to move the I-485s that have completed the mandated security clearances to adjudication

Re: NSC Describes Its Plan for Concurrent Adjudications of I-140s/I-485s

Originally posted by razna

Effective April 1, 2004, the I-140 process was moved into the Residence Product Line. This was done to facilitate the concurrent adjudication of the I-140/I-485's, which will take effect April 30, 2004. This change is not part of the pilot program to adjudicate I-140/I-485 adjudication within 75 days of filing. EB stand-alone

.... cases weekly to move the I-485s that have completed the mandated security clearances to adjudication

This posting gives some hope that Nebraska center is taking a comprehensive view ...

-rajum

If you are lucky that your name check went through before others, you might get approval earlier; otherwise you may wait for a long long time.

Originally posted by getit
...That means most of 2002 filers will be processed by the end of this year????

Re: NSC Describes Its Plan for Concurrent Adjudications of I-140s/I-485s

Originally posted by razna

NSC is currently preparing all EB adjustments for adjudication which were filed December 2002 or earlier. Cases are deemed "adjudication ready" when fingerprints and the FBI name checks are completed. The NSC Contractor reviews all cases filed in December 2002 or earlier on a weekly basis to identify every case ready for adjudication, or conversely, every case with newly expired fingerprints requiring fingerprint rescheduling. This process ensures cases are brought to the adjudicators as quickly as possible and that older cases do not get overlooked.

Most cases filed prior to December 2001 which are not "adjudication ready" are held because of problems with the FBI name clearance. At the NSC there are approximately 2,200 cases filed prior to January 2002 which have not been cleared for adjudication. There are over 24,500 cases filed between February and December 2002 that are waiting for clearances. Again, the NSC sweeps "on deck" cases weekly to move the I-485s that have completed the mandated security clearances to adjudication

Thank you so much for posting this !!!!
It does provide a little bit of hope for us 2002 filers.....
What still remains unclear is when the FBI name check is started, and whether adjudication ready is when they start sending out the employment RFEs... From what I can see in Rupnet it seems NSC sends an RFE almost systematically, whereas VSC sends less and less of them, which certainly helps them achieve faster results !
Let's try to keep hope... not much else to do !
Thanks

Re: Re: NSC Describes Its Plan for Concurrent Adjudications of I-140s/I-485s

Originally posted by lbonneau
Thank you so much for posting this !!!!
It does provide a little bit of hope for us 2002 filers.....
What still remains unclear is when the FBI name check is started, and whether adjudication ready is when they start sending out the employment RFEs... From what I can see in Rupnet it seems NSC sends an RFE almost systematically, whereas VSC sends less and less of them, which certainly helps them achieve faster results !
Let's try to keep hope... not much else to do !
Thanks

I think you are right. VSC send less RFE than NSC but VSC transfers about 50% of the cases to local office.

This nonsense must be urgently stopped.
How can cases filed later be adjucated earlier. I can't imagine why so many here think it is good idea. The older filers would suffer- as adjuacteors would be diverted there.
If 2002 filers are praying and hoping to get adjucated by end of this year is some victory/good news- I don't think so. 2-3 years for 485 is a terrible news.

This $#^*(%() must be stopped.

Originally posted by sb_tiger
This nonsense must be urgently stopped.
How can cases filed later be adjucated earlier. I can't imagine why so many here think it is good idea. The older filers would suffer- as adjuacteors would be diverted there.
If 2002 filers are praying and hoping to get adjucated by end of this year is some victory/good news- I don't think so. 2-3 years for 485 is a terrible news.

This $#^*(%() must be stopped.

Let us launch a campaign : "STOP Last In First Out Policies " . Let us collect signatures from people and fax it to VSC director, USCIS director etc. We can fax it on the letterhead of our new organization.
I will start that campaign at VSC forum on Monday. I would like to see what Rajiv says on Sunday.

agree that this nonsense of LIFO has to be stopped...

USCIS thinks they can get away with anything. is there anything like a court "stay order" to prevent them from doing this. this is ridiculous. people are waiting for > 2 years here and they are going to approve someone that applied 3 months back? only GOD can save us old filers!!!

Originally posted by abouttime
How does this new policy affect people who already have their I-140 approved? Could someone please explain.

If your I140 is approved, you will not be treated as a concurrent case. You are in the same boat as most of us here (older cases). Some how USCIS does not want to approve old cases. They are only trying to do something for people who have just entered the I485 queue. This is rediculous and totally brianless policy. We have to complain to all the congress men about how this agency is working.

I'm still not clear about all this. My I-140 has been cleared but does this new memo say that they will *stop* processing older cases? Is that why everyone is concerned?

Also, what happens to AC-21 now? Can I not switch jobs?

Originally posted by abouttime
I'm still not clear about all this. My I-140 has been cleared but does this new memo say that they will *stop* processing older cases? Is that why everyone is concerned?

Also, what happens to AC-21 now? Can I not switch jobs?

Please see this link:
http://www.murthy.com/bulletin.html#1

This seems to be the first legal interpretation of the memo that I have seen. It tries to explain in plain English the impact of the memo.

Jat