Slight Damage on visa paper at down corner end

adityaponukupati

My visa page is slightly damaged down corner end all the information is intact one letter is missed at down right corner end. do I need a new visa stamp on new passport?. I have a stamp on my passport that if any valid visa still remains and I have new passport all the information is same exactly as the old passport. can I carry my old passport and new passport for immigration?

Attachments

• visa_mine1.jpg
    visa_mine1.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 11
all the black marks on it i have edited it in picture to hide details. down right corner is the only damage
The guidance from DOS is ANY damage means the visa must be replaced. They don’t say “subjective slight damage”.

If your visa has been damaged in any way, you will need to reapply for a new visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad.

or, you can show up at the airport and let the airline tell you that when they refuse to board you -they get fined if they board someone with invalid documents for entry into the US, so they will not take the chance.

bottom Left part is clear no data has been tampered i have verified it with my visa picture i have while took that picture before visa damage bottom left part clear no data has been tampered

bottom Left part is clear no data has been tampered i have verified it with my visa picture i have while took that picture before visa damage bottom left part clear no data has been tampered
You came here asking for answers that you clearly don’t like. Either you follow the official guidance and get a new visa, or you don’t. What a pointless waste of time for everyone here when you just keep rejecting advice because it’s going to be a hassle doing the right thing. Please don’t come complain here when the airline employees refuse to board you.

I never refused any advice i just kept responding to the questions i get to it there was question by @cafeconleche and the bottom left i just responded to it it doesn't mean i am refusing one's advice it's just a response and i know i need a new visa stamp just to make it clear it was only my response i did not meant to refuse one's advice

It is not about the visa stamp having or not having data related issue. That visa stamp is mutilated as it is, it does not matter whether any of the data part is impacted or not. @cafeconleche was not asking you any question, they merely pointed out the bottom left of the visa stamp is equally damaged, and not just the right part of it. And I've also taken another look at the picture you posted, both sides of the visa stamp are damaged. No airline will ever agree to fly you with that visa stamp as is.