Sisters visitor visa pending administrative processing --- Help !!

Visa details

Hi,

Sis got the passports back on April 14th (2 days after the visa approval). She stays in Mumbai.

She has been given a 6 month multiple entry (not that anyone can use the M in 6 months :) ) But I am not complaining. The visa says "Security clearance received for..... on Apr 7th.

Her kids got 1 year multiple entry.

Any updates from you guys ?

- avdxz

Still Waiting

Still waiting to hear some news. I called up chennai they say samething its in processing and would't know how much time it would take. Anyways good to hear from your sister. Have fun
Take care
Have fun.

Not Yet

Still waiting :confused: Every time we call up DOS they say its still pending(meaning: decision is not yet made) I hope they clear it soon.
Radha

My in-laws also went for the visa to delih consulate. Their case was also held for administrative processing and my father-in-law was finger printed. They said that it will take 4-5 weeks. But, the consulate lady also told them, that they will give visa to them, after they have completed their processing.

Has anyone's else parents also asked for the finger printing.

Fingerprinting was done to both in-laws or just your FIL.
my parents had done fingerprinting and were also asked to email the complete details like work profile, resume etc. to DOS. At the counter lady said it might take indefinite time but later when our email was asked to re-send they said it might take upto 4 weeks. This is 3rd week now. Hope they clear it soon. How about you in-laws. were their passports given back or held with consulate. where does your in-laws work. From the information what I collected is, if the applicant is working in any industry that fall in the 16 categories mentioned in DOS their are sending the applicatin for name check.
Lets hope for the best.
Radha

My parents got the VISA!

They got the visa today by mail. My dad's visa has stamp indicating that 'security clearence was obtained on 4/21'. They appeared for the interview at Delhi Embassy on 4/6. They were issued 1 year visa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats

Hey Ravi,
Congrats finally all the wait has paid off. Did your parents got any email saying their visa is approved or just they got visa in mail. Once again congrats, calls for celebrations.
Radha

Thanks!!

Thank You!

No Emails. My dad got the clearance on 21st which is Thursday and they issued the Visa on 25th Friday and probably mailed it the same day.

Only my FIL was finger printed. I don't knw, if they took any of their documents. I will come to know, when I talk to them next.
Does anyone know, if anyone'e else parents were finger printed.

Also, my FIL is an iron merchant.

Parents got VISA

Yahooooooooooo.. parents got VISA for 1 year. Last week when called DOS they said some agencies cleared and some are pending and it would take another 2 weeks. However my parents received passport today (05/07/05) with 1 year visa stamped. Finally long wait completed :D . No other details known yet.
Radha

Parents Visa

My father was fingerprinted twice in Dec 04 and Jan 05,
and Visa is stilll pending.

He has been a frequent traveler since 1955.

Any body else in a similar position?