Singapore Denied Entry - No Rtd Or Re-entry Permit Accecpted

Murray33

Registered Users (C)
Dear Fellow Asylees,

I want to share this information with you guys. For those who plan to travel to Singapore using either US RTD or Re-Entry Permit will be denied entry. I wrote to Singapore Embassy in Washington asking about RTD and here is the response that I've got from them: Perhaps this will shed some light to other Asylees' thinking of going to Singapore.
==================================
Dear Sir,

The Singapore Immigration does not recognize US Refugee Travel Documents or US Re-Entry Permits, hence you will not be able to enter Singapore using these documents.

Thanks and regards

Consular Office
Embassy of Singapore

Well, I have been to Singapore in 2004 using RTD w/ less than 3months. Yes, they do give me a hard time because of it expired less than 3 months however I was let got showing my return ticket and hotel confirmation. A friend of mine using RTD (he was a GC holder from asylum) went to Singapore last year without any difficulties. IMHO you probably got a misinform officer. Btw, the citizen of my COP don't need visa to go to singapore
A friend of mine, an asylee, went home to his COP, Indonesia, using his RTD.

Last edited by a moderator:
In 2004 I've got following answer from Indonesia Consulate. I went as I was planned but by sending my NP to third country (not COP) and with a help of my friends stamped it there.

Dear XXXXXXX,

If you don’t have a green card yet, with regret, we cannot issue you a visa to Indonesia at this time. Thank you.

Visa Section.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 12:04 AM
To: consular@indony.org
Subject: Visa

Hello.

I am planning a vacation to Bali from April 30 to May 8, 2004. I am a holder of US Refugee Travel Document as I have a refugee status in US. This document are issuing for one year only and mine is due to expire in August 2004. I also have National Passport which is valid till 2009. According to requirements for visa to Republic of Indonesia passport must be valid at least for 6 month from date of travel. If it possible for me to get a visa in my National passport? Otherwise I will not able to obtain new US document prior to my departure to Bali.

Best regards, XXXXXX.