---------------- Silly Man is Approved ----------------

Congratulations!!

I have a question. You earlier posted that you moved to a different location. Did you submit AR11 after you got RFE/FP notices
? Please let us know. Thanks

Congrats

Congratulations

a) Will my lawyer get an approval notice too, or just me?

Your lawyer will receive original approval notice
You'll receive courtesy copy. BCIS officer prefer your copy because it has your mailing address to send GC. I've made stamping without lawyers copy on hand

b) My stamping will be in LA, do I have to get appointment for stamping? How does all that work?

I think it is standard policy. You don't have to get appointment. Your approval notice is you appointment. Show it to the guard with your driver's license.
Read this
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?threadid=87189&highlight=passport+stamping+San+jose
http://www.geocities.com/ciba_2/I485/experiences/passport.htm

c) What kind of questions/documents they might ask during stamping?
All document you needed is Driver license and those mentioned on approval notice

I noticed that VicktorK (another recent approval on immigrationportal) was asked that "What company do you work for now?". Well, I've personally changed jobs and have moved to the east coast. Could it create an issue if I told them? (You can't get this stamped here, go to blah blah wherever etc. etc.). What other questions can I expect.

You can make stamping in any BCIS office. Some people did stamping in San Francisco instead of San Jose.
Better not to give any document if you are not asked. And don't to say anything unless you directly asked by officer.
I gave all my 4 I94s together. May be officer needed some information for filing I89 like my last status, so she asked me what company I'm working now. If BCIS has any doubt about your status they would already asked you. They have 2 years for that. So don't worry.

d) I have an H1 notice of approval, which is still valid, but I never got it stamped on my passport, could that create a problem of any kind?

What do you mean.
You have keep you last I94(bottom part of your H1 approval notice) stamped to you passport.
And you can stamp H1 VISA in you passport only if you plan travel and return to USA. So it will not create any problem. By the way after filing I485 you have travel on advance parole, not H1 visa

e) If you could explain the next steps, also how long before I get the plastic card?

As for last rumors it takes 4 weeks to receive plastic in San Jose area. But it different for other areas. Your passport will be valid for one year. In case you not receive plastic you will go to BCIS office and repeat this procedure.
After stamping you can go to SS office and file petition to change your SS card. (Same number but without "Not authorized to work" words. And you can go to your job and update your W4 form with new document proving your new status.

Viktor

Congratulations...
I am happy to see your approval.Keep in touch with this forum and crack your jokes...
If possible, please answer this question.
Did you get your second FP notice after you moved to East Coast?.If so, did you go to LA for FP or did it here?.I am in the same situation and about to get 2nd FP.It would be very helpful if i get answer for this.

I remembered that you were telling before some time, if you get approved, you will wake up early morning and drive to the beach and running nude and jumping....just i remembered that.It was funny.. :) :) :) :)

Congrats again.

congratulations ..silly man.

Silly man,
congratulations, I felt very happy for you. Good luck for your future..

BTW : keep your feeling about Aish secret other wise Salman will be here any moment..after you.

pathapati..

Thank you Pceefan. Yes you beat everyone :)
Thank you Rox, Thank you Desi Doc - are you a doctor?
Ibm101 - thanks - my ND was Nov 21 2001.
Thank you KMN, good luck to you too.
wac02042 - Thanks :)
Thanks kashmir, your scanner was pretty awesome too, I used to do a LOT of analysis based on your work. From my recent analysis I see a definite uptrend up the processing speed.
c610 - Thanks. :)

ration card line - thank you for your answers and congratulations.
Ok what time should I show up at the LA center and how exactly will I find the line for 485 stamping? I will carry all the papers with me. Like I had said once before on this forum, if they ask me to take my pants off and bend down, don't ask "Why", ask "Where and when".
I think I will go to LA center even though right now I am technically under baltimore jurisdiction. I never informed INS about change of address since I kept a valid address active in CA.
And from what I understand, stamping is necessary to get a plastic card.

Thank you gc worthy, edison, cagcwaiter, 1485and824, amdavadi
gc205 thanks, Nov 1st MD Nov 6th RD Nov 21st 2001 ND, RFE - Aug 14 2002

ND022202 - Glad you liked my corny jokes, trust me there are more. ;)

Thanks Tasse and 140, I would really like to see either of you or kashmir take up moderation of this board. It is not that much work, I feel someone actively waiting would be a better candidate. Please volunteer guys.

Thanks Yajiv, yes I think approvals will move faster now - read my reply to kashmir above.
Thank gopher, Aishwarya Rai - do a search on the net. She will be into puter books real soon.
Thanks Fi485.
Thanks mango, No I never submtted AR11, but I kept all documents and addresses in california at my previous address.

Thanks for your answers ViktorK

a) I'll keep both copies.
b) What does the approval notice read? Does it have a date/time written on it?
c) I am so glad that I still have a CA drivers license, even though my neice has bent that into a 90 degree angle.
d) .,.
e) I didn't know about updating the SS card - will do. I guess I can do that on the east coast. I think after stamping I will also file AR11 and hope to get my plastic card on the east coast.

Thanks bendon, the jokes never stop. I got my 2nd FP notice after I moved to the east coast - however - I maintained my CA address and thats where I got my 2nd FP notice. Unfortunately I don't live next to the ocean anymore, so I had to make do with the bath tub. Next year I am going to Europe to celebrate, if anyone wishes to tagalong. Cute girls given preference (of course).

Patha - thanks. Salman ko to mein maar maar ki sidhar kar dungaa ;)

congrats man!

happy to see your approval and hope you'll stick to the board :D :D

bye the way, how long did it take for you to get the approval after they received your RFE?

And WI sucks man unless u like snow! I worked there 3 months and its worst 3 of my life because of the fucking snow, hail and what not?

Anyways good luck to you!

Re: congrats man!

Originally posted by tk_tk
happy to see your approval and hope you'll stick to the board :D :D

bye the way, how long did it take for you to get the approval after they received your RFE?

And WI sucks man unless u like snow! I worked there 3 months and its worst 3 of my life because of the fucking snow, hail and what not?

Anyways good luck to you!

Took me 2 months apprx.

I don't understand why people say WI sucks, snow is a perfect excuse to bundle up and sleep at home and not go to work.

Finally! I did enjoy your colorful posts, hope to hear from you in the future.

CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK!!!!

Congratulations Sillyman!

(sorry I hadn't noticed earlier, but I rarely have a chance to visit the board)

A well deserved, hard fought effort on your part.

You have certainly been the life of this board for a long time and will be missed.

All the best wishes for your new life of freedom .... enjoy the freedom and peace of mind you now have.

May God bless you!

Re: Congratulations

Originally posted by srohit
Congratulations SM. I told you- I'll outlast everyone.

Enjoy.

Hang in there dude, it doesn't matter who finishes last as long as you know where you are finishing.