Settlement Memorandum Sent

Settlement status

The feeling I am getting, we are not going to settle. The battle moves on. The govt. has indicated they want to ask for 30 days to answer the class action. I have told them I oppose it.

I have also asked them to straighten out the problem of interim EAD's or we will file another motion in court for interim relief. Why should I have to wait after 90 days of EAD application pendency. Suboffices like Arlington are giving appointments after several weeks. What is the use of the interim EAD then?

Stand ready. I might need affidavits from people who have suffered from delays in interim EAD issuance. In the meantime, if you can start a spreadsheet of delays in suboffices, that would help us.

Rajive you just mentioned about EADs

Do you believe how effecient bcis, this application for work authorization filled in july 22, 2003, still no outcome though i got interim EAD but dont they should approve original one ????????????

Receipt Number: eac038000

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

Your I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION was received on July 22, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 60 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

it is taking 60-90 days :D

Re: Settlement status

Dear Mr. Rajiv,

We are ready! As I have posted my IEAD issue before that Atlanta office had denied issuance of IEAD before 90 days where as Charlotte, NC office had issued IEAD in our case before 90 days.

Thank you

Originally posted by operations
The feeling I am getting, we are not going to settle. The battle moves on. The govt. has indicated they want to ask for 30 days to answer the class action. I have told them I oppose it.

I have also asked them to straighten out the problem of interim EAD's or we will file another motion in court for interim relief. Why should I have to wait after 90 days of EAD application pendency. Suboffices like Arlington are giving appointments after several weeks. What is the use of the interim EAD then?

Stand ready. I might need affidavits from people who have suffered from delays in interim EAD issuance. In the meantime, if you can start a spreadsheet of delays in suboffices, that would help us.

There are also issues about interim EAD with regard to double payments and inconsistent procedures across local offices- approved 140 copy, photograph etc etc etc.
Thanks

can we sue them on the misrepresentation of fact?

regarding the 20,000 gc per day? will it hold in court? (a separate lawsuit)

Re: Re: Consolidated List

Edison

Do you still have room for my data as one of the Plaintiffs?

If yes, can I send you a PM?

Thanks

Karns

Re: Re: Re: Consolidated List

Originally posted by karns
Edison

Do you still have room for my data as one of the Plaintiffs?

If yes, can I send you a PM?

Thanks

Karns

Check PM

Let's get the details of EAD delays at local offices in I-485 forums.

INTERIM EAD Delays
VSC: http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118039
TSC: http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118040
NSC: http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118041
CSC: http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118042

Rajiv,

While admiring your efforts, I cannot help wondering what will happen if we win the law suit. If the judge orders them to adjust our cases, will they do it, and if they will, then how soon? What happened in the case they lost against the asylees, when the judge issued such an order? Did they comply?

Re: .

Originally posted by timaeuti
Rajiv,

While admiring your efforts, I cannot help wondering what will happen if we win the law suit. If the judge orders them to adjust our cases, will they do it, and if they will, then how soon? What happened in the case they lost against the asylees, when the judge issued such an order? Did they comply?

Hard to say. We ceratinly hope the Judhe will oder and CIS will follow. Not obeying court orders is serious.

On this basis how long is for I-485 ??? TSC Sucks!!!

Receipt Number: SRC03111XXXXX

Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

Your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on March 12, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 350 and 400 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

NSC appears to be clearing I-140 and I-765 backlog

Rajiv, it has been pointed out by a Rupnet user (Thanks Aquarius) that in the latest bi-weekly processing times report for NSC, which is available at the following AILA link:

http://www.aila.org/contentViewer.aspx?bc=10,2921,606

that the I-140 processing times has jumped from
8/27/03 (EB1), 5/26/03 (EB2), 8/22/03 (EB3) to
2/9/04 (EB1), 2/9/04 (EB2), 8/22/03 (EB3),

I-765 processing time has jumped from 11/25/03 to 1/20/04,

and I-485 remained unchanged i.e. 9/30/01

This jump came in last two reports dated 3/1/04 and 3/15/04

The first impression I am getting is that it is in some way related with the lawsuit. They are trying to address the base petition I-140 first. You would notice for EB1 and EB2 only (which most ImmigrationPortal.com members are or in other words part of the class). Does it mean that the backlog reduction would now spread to I-485’s as well?

Would you like to comment upon this pattern?

Re: NSC appears to be clearing I-140 and I-765 backlog

I think it's optimistic to say they will work on 485 reduction soon. 140 and EAD requires no security check. Also this is only NSC, what about other centers.

Originally posted by jat
Rajiv, it has been pointed out by a Rupnet user (Thanks Aquarius) that in the latest bi-weekly processing times report for NSC, which is available at the following AILA link:

http://www.aila.org/contentViewer.aspx?bc=10,2921,606

that the I-140 processing times has jumped from
8/27/03 (EB1), 5/26/03 (EB2), 8/22/03 (EB3) to
2/9/04 (EB1), 2/9/04 (EB2), 8/22/03 (EB3),

I-765 processing time has jumped from 11/25/03 to 1/20/04,

and I-485 remained unchanged i.e. 9/30/01

This jump came in last two reports dated 3/1/04 and 3/15/04

The first impression I am getting is that it is in some way related with the lawsuit. They are trying to address the base petition I-140 first. You would notice for EB1 and EB2 only (which most ImmigrationPortal.com members are or in other words part of the class). Does it mean that the backlog reduction would now spread to I-485’s as well?

Would you like to comment upon this pattern?

Re: Settelement Memorandum Sent

I have sent to the govt, our settlement memo. Attached.

I will keep you updated as and when I hear something back.

I want to suggest two points for whatever they are worth

1. Lot of people received RFE's. After responding, some people get approvals in 1 day some people in a week, Some people it takes 6 months. Once BCIS officer sent an RFE means, he reviewed the entire file and all he wants is additional evidence. Isn't it 15 days or 1 month is good enough to review the responded RFE material.
So i want to suggest to propose a point that, for RFE's that once returned a decision must be made in 15 days or at least in 30 days.

2. To qualify for the Naturalization ( Citizenship Application) right now we need to wait 5 years after GC is approved. Since I-485 are taking an average of 2 yrs, Naturalization waiting time is becoming average 7 years. Can we prose to count the waiting period from the date first we entered to the country, or at least from the date Alien number was issed other words I-485 Notice date . Although Project Ocean is handling this, now we are at the table to take a steak, i though this is the appropriate time to include that matter as well.

start date for citizens ship

I think its right to include citizens ship start date from the time you apply for 485...
I think we should ask for this settlement ...nothing wrong in asking... after all they are going to reject it... if they accept this its going to benefit all of us????

Even if they accept the agreement ...the suit should go ahead and they will get spat on thier faces for the delay.....