settlement announcement (NOT as good as some of us thought)

Timz!
My RD is also Oct 2000. Did you get fingerprinted last year in May? Keep me posted on whats going on with your application.

thanks,

TimZ said:
This is great news. My RD is Oct 2000 so I'll get my GC a couple of months earlier because of this case.

"A couple of months" is not a cause for celebration in my opinion.

processing times

no matter all this noise, the bottom line that processing time for I-485 based on Asylum stays the same - December 18, 1999 and did not move a notch in the last three weeks i.e. three weeks ago they were processing cases with the same exact date, December 18, 1999. or, in other words, they are processing number of zero, nada, zilch applications as of now.

moreover, in the last three months they move this December 18, 1999 date for a full eight (8) days from December 10, 1999.

so maybe a new lawsuit would do for a part of the quota they are losing this very moment.

No. It's not such a big deal to me personally.

However, I'm still very thankful for AILF. They are one of the few people who cares about this bad situation we're in. And they did achieve something for lots of people.

thankful said:
"A couple of months" is not a cause for celebration in my opinion.

Yes, I got my fingerprints done last May.
Lazerthegreat said:
Timz!
My RD is also Oct 2000. Did you get fingerprinted last year in May? Keep me posted on whats going on with your application.

thanks,

Well the government works in mysterious ways. I work for the Federal Government and i don't know how the hell things get done here? NO one works!! Its always someone else's responsiblity..its always "its on his plate"....

The logical thing would be to update the processing dates to be current for this year but they don't update them because they will get lots of request from people about their cases!!!.....This is a governmental way to not have more work for them currently.

From my experience, November till April, no one in federal government really works..they dont do anything..! zilch nada! April on they start to move on till october..

I am sorry but thats how it is..

GreyGhost said:
no matter all this noise, the bottom line that processing time for I-485 based on Asylum stays the same - December 18, 1999 and did not move a notch in the last three weeks i.e. three weeks ago they were processing cases with the same exact date, December 18, 1999. or, in other words, they are processing number of zero, nada, zilch applications as of now.

moreover, in the last three months they move this December 18, 1999 date for a full eight (8) days from December 10, 1999.

so maybe a new lawsuit would do for a part of the quota they are losing this very moment.
They will always be a bunch of corrupt incompetent xenophobic bastards.

I think it is good news. AILA gets a good deal for us. For three years for 31,000, it is much better than 22,000. Even this year the minimum 8000, the next two years will use 23,000, 11,500 per year. In other words, in the year 2006, at least 20,000 additional number for us.

By the way, I saw someone said 33,000 number. I am a little bit confused about 31,000 or 33,000?

Great news on adjustments "recoup". My RD is 11/2001, so this should bring my dream closer. It still screwed up that we have to pay for EAD. 5years x 120$ = 600$ x 2 spouses = 1200$ for five years at 3% APR = 180$ loss of interest. And this number can grow in the raising intrest market. I personally will not request a 5 year, in hope that this still get fixed.

dade said:
Great news on adjustments "recoup". My RD is 11/2001, so this should bring my dream closer. It still screwed up that we have to pay for EAD. 5years x 120$ = 600$ x 2 spouses = 1200$ for five years at 3% APR = 180$ loss of interest. And this number can grow in the raising intrest market. I personally will not request a 5 year, in hope that this still get fixed.

I would not request an EAD at all, period. It is next to useless.

ironman said:
my EAD will expire soon.If I don't renew it, can I still work?

Absolutely. Asylees need to show their unrestricted SSN cards, and sometimes their I-94 (with employment authorization) to work. So there is no need to renew EADs.

On a personal note: I never applied for an EAD card and worked with no problems.