Serious And Unsual Green Card Asked To Surrender By Ado

congratulations on finally getting this recolved.
Not sure if i missed this on your posts, but the day you surrendered your card and signed that letter did you get a copy and the name/# of the officer you spoke with?...do you thinkmight have helped
I was also surprised the USCIS has 37 databases??...does anybody know why so many?...that's quite scary especially knowing how incompetent they are with simple things like name spelling (the whole thing of the name-check).
I know you said you have no intentions of being here in the future...hope its not based solely on this experience, cause i think you've shown relentless courage to live here, and in peace...that's what makes a true american.
congrats again

Yes getting the contact details of the officer did help a lot.
The congressmen's office also has been the greatest help to me so far. Always on top of my case.

PratXI the reason i wanted to get it cleared was if for any reason i apply for citizenship i do not want the whole big issue to start again where they have conflecting dates in the system.

My original I-485 based approval was feb 06 and i had to file I-751 to remove condition By feb 08.
But now with the goofup that USICS did they took my card and stamped my passport with IR6 in Aug 07. But since i did not receive the card and when i used to check with them i was constantly told i am CR6 and need to file I-751. The officer who approved me said to keep waiting but when i todl him what the system is showing he was like ok then file i-751 for the heck of it. So i filed it in Jan.
In jan i get a new CR6 Card by mail which has the same date as my original card. Now i also get I-751 NOA for extension. I fill in I-90 and send my old card back saying i am supposed to be getting IR6 and change of status should be aug 2007 the day my passport was stamped the 2nd time after the goofup.
So then i get a letter i do not need to file I-751 as i am not CR 6 but IR6 and USCIS will be refunding my application fees.
After this i get my new 10 year card with residence since aug 07 (i am happy with that as that is what the officer had told me) and expires 10 years from then. But then it should have had the receipt # for my I-485 application.
But it had the receipt # for I-751... strange... so that is the reason i was thinking if i should again followup and make sure they have it all correct.

Yes getting the contact details of the officer did help a lot.
The congressmen's office also has been the greatest help to me so far. Always on top of my case.

PratXI the reason i wanted to get it cleared was if for any reason i apply for citizenship i do not want the whole big issue to start again where they have conflecting dates in the system.

My original I-485 based approval was feb 06 and i had to file I-751 to remove condition By feb 08.
But now with the goofup that USICS did they took my card and stamped my passport with IR6 in Aug 07. But since i did not receive the card and when i used to check with them i was constantly told i am CR6 and need to file I-751. The officer who approved me said to keep waiting but when i todl him what the system is showing he was like ok then file i-751 for the heck of it. So i filed it in Jan.
In jan i get a new CR6 Card by mail which has the same date as my original card. Now i also get I-751 NOA for extension. I fill in I-90 and send my old card back saying i am supposed to be getting IR6 and change of status should be aug 2007 the day my passport was stamped the 2nd time after the goofup.
So then i get a letter i do not need to file I-751 as i am not CR 6 but IR6 and USCIS will be refunding my application fees.
After this i get my new 10 year card with residence since aug 07 (i am happy with that as that is what the officer had told me) and expires 10 years from then. But then it should have had the receipt # for my I-485 application.
But it had the receipt # for I-751... strange... so that is the reason i was thinking if i should again followup and make sure they have it all correct.

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS BUNNY BUGGS ITS OVER FINALLY.....DO NOT STRESS THE YEAR AND A HALF IT OVERR..I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU....PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH AS YOU WERE A BIG HELP TO MEE!!! ONCE AGAIN CONGRATS GO OUT AN CELBRATEE!!!

Hello All,

One last issue in my mess was getting a refund for I-751 application fees has come to an end. I have received a check from immigrations with a letter on the refund. I deposited the check and all is finally over.

I hope this does not come back in few years from now and it's going to rest in peace with everything straightened up now. Hope there are no more issues pending.