September - Visa Revalidation Tracking

Hi Gc_waiter74,

I called DC. Stupid reply,

Still your visa is pending. You will get your passport back within 10 to 12 weeks. We are still processing late September and early October Dc dates. This is her initial reply.

After I told her, already I crossed the 12 weeks of time.

According to her the 12 weeks is only Jan 10. Nov 10 is 4weeks, Dec 10 is 8weeks, and Jan10 is 12 weeks. I don’t want to argue with her any more.

I don’t know, what can I do?

any ideas ?

Hi,

Thank you all for your response.

I received both the passports (mine and my husband's) on Jan/02.

1. As I mentioned earlier, my visa was refused with the reason "221(g) Incomplete employment verification letter".
As per their refusal letter,
- For resubmission, NO additional fees are required.
- New DS-156 should be submitted along with the detailed employment verification letter and other documents to DC.

2. My husband's visa (L1) was refused for a different reason : " 221(g) Your visa expired more than one year ago. Per regulations, you require a personal interview with a consular officer. You must apply for a new visa at a US embassy or consulate that processes nonimmigrant visa applications".

His old L1 visa expired on Nov/28/2002. He has the new approval notice valid from Nov/28/2002 to Nov/27/2004. Though we submitted the passport for visa revalidation in Sep'03 at St.Louis, it took almost 3 1/2 months for the DC people to process the application. So on Dec/30/2003, the visa was refused with the above reason.

Now my questions are

(a). There is no refusal stamp/mark/info on his passport. But will there be any such refusal info in the BCIS (INS) database?.

(b). In future, if he applies for any new visa, does he need to specify about this refusal of visa stamping?.

(c). Can he apply again for revalidation at a US embassy within US?. Any experience in appearing for a personal interview here in local US embassy?.

(d). or Should he apply for revalidation only at a US embassy abroad (India)?. In this case, does he still need to appear for personal interview? or use drop box facility?.

Rgds,
Devi.

Camera_guy01, Well, I guess there is not much we can do about it. Just gotta take it as it comes :-( Sad, but true my friend

No worries, I'll call by the end of the week and let you know the status. They should process Oct 10th cases quicker than 3 weeks for sure. They are probably pissed off by number of people calling them.

Devi_e - what was wromg with your letter ? what information missing ?

Cheers,

Hi all,
Thanks to this forum, I came to know there are so many stages where you can track your request for visa revalidation.

I had sent my PP for revalidation on Oct 10th. For the first time today, I called DC to check the status. The lady was curteous, but said she couldn't tell when my PP was received by DC, but the date entered is Nov 4th. I guess that is the DC date, but I could be wrong. I would appreciate if any experts could clarify. She also said I should recieve my PP sometime in early Feb. I was making travel arrangements for the end of Jan. I guess I have no choice, but postpone.

Hope that helps.

SL Date: Oct 10th ?
DC Date: Nov 4th ??

Devi_e,

(a). There is no refusal stamp/mark/info on his passport. But will there be any such refusal info in the BCIS (INS) database?.

(b). In future, if he applies for any new visa, does he need to specify about this refusal of visa stamping?.

Section 221(g) letter usually starts with the words "We are unable to process your application...". This isn't a refusal. Why are you saying that your visas were refused ?

(c). Can he apply again for revalidation at a US embassy within US?. Any experience in appearing for a personal interview here in local US embassy?.

An embassy/consulate is a representative of a country in another country. Countries don't have embassies within themselves. Thus the US dosn't have an embassy within the US, only in other countries.

(d). or Should he apply for revalidation only at a US embassy abroad (India)?. In this case, does he still need to appear for personal interview? or use drop box facility?.

Looks like that's the only option he has. He will definitely need an interview - that's why he got the 221(g) letter.

Quick Question to all Gurus

Here is my Situation.

Stamping done on Passport and the VISa has got expired on March 1st 2003.

I have 2 approval notices since I am on the 7th and 8th year extension.

Should I sbubit both and pay double VISA fees for me and my wife to have all the visa stamped on my passport???

OR can I give the passport to st.louis and give the new approval notice dated March 1st 2004 to March 1st 2005???? Iam confused?? Can anyone pls help!!!!

Thanks a lot in Advance

Stalwart

Stalwart, I bet it is the DC date and Iam waiting for the stamping.If she had said that it would take the begining of Feb, its not good for me. If any of you guys have send to SL in Oct and have received your passports or status of your application pls do post it as it would help me in recalling my pp.

Thank you

Updated list
Latest Updated list:

Name-----------SL Date---DC Date--
DOLkemaaki--5th Sept---16 Sept - App -Nov20 -REc Nov21
ahalem --5th Sept---??????? - App -Nov21 -Rec Nov28
olops - 8th Sept , never called , recd Nov 28
Pankaj Garg----6th Sept---24th Sept-Rec Dec 1st
PremChopra---3rd Sept---26th Sep--App--Dec 1st -- Recd Dec. 8th, 11:00 am
finesir-----------3rd Sept-------App 1st Dec, Recd 8th Dec
Halver----------3rd Sept--------26th sept--App--Dec 1st-rec dec9th
immigration4kot--4th sep ---- 26th sep-App Dec3rd -Rcvd Dec 6th evening 4:45 PM chicago
msomani----------10th Sept----27th Sept-App Dec4th-PP Rcvd 12/08
dev72------------11th Sept ----27 Sept-App Dec4th-Print Dec 10th-Rcvd (Dec-12)
spb99----------2nd Sept------27th Sept-App Dec3rd-Print Dec 11th-Rcvd(dec15)
saras76 ------- 28th August ----- 27th Sept-App Dec 4th- PP Rcvd 12/08
kettydeepa----2nd Sept------27th Sept-App Dec4th-Rcvd(Dec12th)
immisanjay-------11th Sept-----27 Sept-App (221g)
m_omaha -------11 Sept ------ 27 Sept-App Dec 4th-Rcvd Dec 12th
wam-------------4th Sept----- 27th Sept-App Dec 8th-Rcvd dec11th
vnra300--------2nd Sept----- 27th Sept-App Dec 8th-Rcvd(Not Yet)
hoping--------2nd Sept----- 27th Sept-App Dec 8th-Rcvd(Not Yet)
samsett--------2nd Sept------27th Sept-App Dec 10th-Rcvd(Dec15th
jsdw-----------15th Sept ------27 Sept-APP Dec 11th-RCvd(dec17th
sai_ani--------16th Sept-----------------RECV-11thDec
thedaq--------Sept 12------27th Sept-fedex-dec15th
ahkhan----------11th Sept---App Dec 8th-Rcvd(Dec 10)
jnathan----------10th Sept ---28th Sept-app dec12-rec19dec
ramu2003------15th SEPT----29TH SEPT_invalid photo
jinx---------------19th sep---3rdoct-app 23rd Dec-rec-26th
jlittle--------------23rd Sept---- -app 23rd Dec
itsme1---------27th Aug -----29th Sept---Invalid Photo
young16------10th Sept---28th Sept--app 24rd Dec-recv-dec31
h1b_valid2004--17th Sept---28th Sept--app 22rd Dec--rec-jan02
Razeen---19sep--app dec30 -rec-jan02
ksalkar---------23rd Sept ---6 oct--app 24rd Dec-rec Jan02
mahham------23rd Sept----6 oct--app 24rd Dec-rec--jan5
devi_e------10thSept ---30sep--Invalid documents-dec 30
Rakram-----29th Sept---8th Oct--App Dec 30
samc_74----30th Sept---10thOct-APP Dce31-

Waiting in Queue

Name-----------SL Date---------DC Date
ashi5-------------23rd Sept-----------------?

mirium99---------24th Sept-----------------?

smarthi-----------25th Sept------------------?

Ramani Krishnamurthy--26th Sept------------------?

prasad_vv-------24th Sept---10th Oct
camera_guy01--25th Sept---10th Oct
gcwaiter_74-----25th Sept---10th Oct
azzuri-------------30th Sept---10th Oct

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All, I received my passport today and everything is perfect.

Here are the details,
Sep 23 - SL
Oct 6 - DC
Dec 24 - Approved
Dec 31 - Issue Date (Printed)
Jan 2 - Dispatched
Jan 5 - Rec

I used FedEx Service

Thank you all for your valuable contirbution and Thanks Immigration.com to provide us such a good site.

I wish everybody gets their visa on time.

Devi

You mentioned the reason of your husband's denial is because visa expired on 28 Nov 03?
Whats the date of your's visa refusal ?

I seny my passport in Dec 03 and my 1 year expiry will be on 06 Feb 04. I got worried after looking your email.I thought they count the date until the PP reaches the ST Lious.

Thanx
sunny

Hi Ramani,

My SL date is 24th Sep, DC date is 10th Oct. I did not hear anything yet. They are saying same answer to me too...

Good luck.

Prasad

H1B - Stamped

Guys:

My attorney called in last night to inform me that my passport has been sucessfully stamped - Was Sent out on 9/23/03 .. will confirm receipt of passport should have it by the end of this week..

Thanks

Quick Question Gurus

I need to stamp mine and my wifes Passport at DC. I know the documents that I need to send for stamping. What are the documents required for H4??? She has the I797 approval notice ... If u guys know of anyother documents pls let me know.

Also, Can I send both the documentation together???? I mean mine and my wifes all under the same envelope??? Will there be any problem?? Pls let mek now ur experience

Thanks a million

H1B stamped!

Just rcvd my PP with visa stamped.

details:

SL : 23 Sep
DC : Don't know
Approved : 23'rd Dec (I called them on 24'th)
Printed : 5'th Jan
Dispatched : 6'th Jan (FedEx)
Rcvd : 7'th Jan

Stamped

Hi,
I've been a silent reader to this great forum. We finally go our visas approved. Here are the details:

FedEx SL: 09/29/03
SL recd. date : 09/30/03
DC date : Don't know..
Visa approved: 2nd Jan 04
Dispatched (fedEx): 5th Jan
PP to be recd today...: 7th jan ....Waiting right now!

I called the DC office today and they gave this happy (!) update. The DC number is 202-663-1225 (press 1 then press 0). My wait time was 3 minutes!!! Amazing! I called them around 8:35 am (right when the office opens)...The lady was grumpy, but thats okay! The lash was better than the wait!

Will update when i get the PP.

Thanks a lot to all memebers in this forum for sharing such useful info.

Happy new Year to all!! :)

I did and was told "they are prohibited to give any information". If 12 weeks approaching then check with Fedex. Th GCWait - how did you get your info or what question did you ask ?