September - Visa Revalidation Tracking

H1B revalidation and Passport validity

My passport is valid until Dec 2005 and I would like to get my H1 revalidated. My H1 extension is granted until Sep 2006. Indian high commission in Chicago would not extend my passport validity as it is valid over 1 year.
I also read that the passport should be valid atleast 6 months beyond H1 validity. What do I do now? Will St louis validate my visa until the passport validity?

6 months validity is must I guess. Afer you get new passport, still you need to/can carry old passport with this visa stamp(H1B)

Hi,
sent documents for H1 revalidation thru FedEx on Sept 3,
received in SL on Sept 4

how do i find current status in SL or DC?

-thanx

Sent to St Louis on Sept 29th, received on Sept 30th.
Is there an online status check on Dept of State web site ? How do you guys check out if all papers are OK, money order cashed, documents transferred to DC or passport stamped ?

Thanks

People find out status by callind DC office about the passport, even though I don't think it's a good idea to call them as it wastes their time and may be in that time they might clear two more cases.

As far as money order cashing is concerned you can check on the money order company's website e.g. for Traveler's check money order company they have an automated 1800 phone number which can tell you the date when your money order was cashed.

If anyone checked their DC dates pls. update. Also please try to keep this thread current so that we don't loose it, once we start getting our passports back.

Since this thread has everyone's passport sent information it would be nice to use the same when we start getting our passports back.

Thanks everyone

My corporate check was encashed by Dept of State on Sept 17th.

So my details -
Sent to SL - Sept 9th
Recd by SL - Sept 10th
check encashed - sept 17th

Last edited by a moderator:
Same situation, SL recd date is 2nd Sept. want to leave on 5th Dec. but not sure whether I would get my passport or not and I think my guess is going to be same as everyone else's guess.

Well, this is a scenario I was thinking through as well - ppt sending on Sept 10th and departure on dec 19th. If no additional backlogs happen, you should be OK (as I saw people waiting over 3 months and one week, I gave it about 65-70% chance), also keep in mind you will not have enough time to withdraw the passport if you do not get it by let's say Dec 15th.

Unfortunately, I had to wait for employment letter until Sep 29th, so my Xmas travel plans had to be postponed ...

I have a suggestion - it is not a good idea to frequently call DoS for status, it takes longer to get our passports back. Let's compile a list of September filers and choose for example 1-2 dates a month to call them and ask status for everybody in the same time.

Compiled List - Asc Date

Name-------------------SL Date----------------DC Date
spb99------------------2nd Sept-----------------27th Sept
finesir------------------3rd Sept-------------------25th Sept
PremChopra------------3rd Sept-------------------26th Sept
Halver------------------3rd Sept-------------------?
wam------------------- 4th Sept-------------------?
ramu2003--------------5th Sept-------------------?
ramji99---------------- 6th Sept-------------------?
Pankaj Garg------------6th Sept-------------------?
olops-------------------8th Sept-------------------?
jnathan----------------10th Sept -----------------?
young16---------------10th Sept-------------------?
dev72------------------11th Sept -----------------?
ahkhan-----------------11th Sept-----------------?
sai_ani-----------------16th Sept-----------------?
mahham---------------23rd Sept-----------------?
ashi5------------------23rd Sept-----------------?
jlittle-------------------23rd Sept-----------------?
prasad_vv-------------24th Sept-----------------?
mirium99---------------24th Sept-----------------?
kr2002-----------------25th Aug------------------?
smarthi----------------25th Sept------------------?
azzuri------------------30th Sept------------------?

ahkhan - as per your two diff posts you have two diff SL Recd dates, one is 11th and first one says 13th, so I put the 13th one.
- Changed to 11th Sept.
-Sorry spb99, corrected your DC received date
- Info added for young16

Last edited by a moderator:
yes premchopra....
this confustion was made by my couirer service...
the actual St L recived date is Sep 11.....
thanks

SPB,
What number did u call up to find ur received date at DC?
When u speak to them,what do u reference your case by (passport num or last name?)

Originally posted by spb999
premchopra,
my receive date for DC is sept 27.

spb999

jnathan,
call 202-663-1225 press 1 and 0

they will ask your lastname, date of birth, passport number
then you will get your DC recd date.
call 202-663-1225 press 1 and 0

spb999

Guys,

How did you get the DC Date, I called the number 202 and option 1 then 0 , and waited for 15 min then the lady said: we are not provide any information, and it takes 12 weeks to process your passport !!

olops, if you notice the Submitted date to SL , Sept 2 and Sept 11, both of them moved to the DC office by 27 , that is why i said that.