• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

September visa bulletin released!!! Come here DV2014 people!!

Let's count. DV10 ~100,000 winners = 50000 visa, DV11 ~100,000 winners = 50000 visa, DV13 ~115,000 winners = 50000 visa.
Now count on the aspect ratio. I do not understand where the difference and do not respect? 2013 is different because of the additional mailings.
Those numbers 100,000 and 115,000 look to me as some meaningless numbers. They do not have anything to do with reality. It has never been 100,000 and has never been 115,000

Those numbers 100,000 and 115,000 look to me as some meaningless numbers. They do not have anything to do with reality. It has never been 100,000 and has never been 115,000
You do not understand the sign "~" ?

You do not understand the sign "~" ?

My graphs show that the amount of "additional selection" or "additional notification" is about 5%, not 15%. I do not know how exactly you understand those numbers, but I do not really understand what they mean.

raevsky, you posted a link to the CEAC in some other thread which I can't find. If you don't mind, please post it here again or send me a PM. Thanks

hello house,can someone tell me when my CN will be current.my CN is 2014AF00008***,is it in october or november.Thank you.

hello house,can someone tell me when my CN will be current.my CN is 2014AF00008***,is it in october or november.Thank you.

Not the biggest cut-off for Oceania - 300. It's been higher in other years. I would have expected it to be higher due to the large increase in selectees - over 90% more than last year. Hmmm. Very strange.

Hi,

How would one calculate for interview for 2014......OC19xx. I am confused as every month it states 300-400 as cut-off number!! August is the first month for 2014 cut-off number????

Please help.

Hi,

How would one calculate for interview for 2014......OC19xx. I am confused as every month it states 300-400 as cut-off number!! August is the first month for 2014 cut-off number????

Please help.

October is the first month for DV2014 (advance notice for October is in the September visa bulletin, which is published in August, this can be confusing for someone new to all this!)

Where is the spreadsheet for DV 2014?
Bramb90, here is the link to East African DV 2014 selectees forum, its super active
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?557350-DV-2014-Kenyan-Selectees-Report-here

and here is the link to East African DV 2014 Selectees spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AqZnbgMvNnNHdFFZS2hKS295c1BDR1dpb1RLZ1laWnc#gid=0

I have seen my fellow Ugandan 4Turya on this forum, plse 4Turya visit the 2014 forum thru the link above, your fellow Ugandans will be glad to hear from you.

Hi,

How would one calculate for interview for 2014......OC19xx. I am confused as every month it states 300-400 as cut-off number for Oceania....how do one calculate when the interview would fall in for OC.....19xx. And what does it mean when there is no cut-off number stated, instead it states CURRENT!!

Please help.

Hi,

How would one calculate for interview for 2014......OC19xx. I am confused as every month it states 300-400 as cut-off number for Oceania....how do one calculate when the interview would fall in for OC.....19xx. And what does it mean when there is no cut-off number stated, instead it states CURRENT!!

Please help.

You make an educated guess by looking at past years cut-off numbers. It's not accurate or easy because it varies every year - starting off with a different number and progressing at different rates, but you can make a fairly close estimate.

However, this year (DV2014) is different because of the extra selectees. I would have thought the cut-off for the first month's interviews for OC (in October) would have started at a higher number. But 300 is about average, nothing special.

Perhaps the numbers will progress faster this year so they can get through all the extra selectees? I don't know. But if it goes much the same as previous years, July would be a safe bet. 13xx has come up before as early as May (DV2008), but most often in July.

'Current' status happens near the end of the fiscal year - from June and onwards and it means everyone who have sent their documents in already and whose case numbers haven't come up before could get an interview soon. Or something like that, I still find it confusing.

Just a thought, albeit maybe one that those with high numbers won't like. 2012 was a huge under-allotment of visas, probably because of the redraw, and the numbers all went current very early. But before that, with the exception of 2007 which was also a low year, the numbers either reached (sometimes exceeded) the quota or were not that far off - maybe a couple of thousand. So if you are comparing numbers this year to say 2009-2011, it's not necessarily the case at all that they will speed up more than before as the months go by - maybe a bit but these grand totals are spread across regions of course so eg if they are on track for a 2009 type year, maybe they speed up by a few hundred per region per month in the second half of the fiscal year. There are unknowns of course (Bangladesh was included in these years, we don't know how many will be disqualified or not follow through) - but KCC's aim is not to plough through all the applicants as fast as possible, it is to get 50000 visas allocated before FY-end. I think it will only be speeded up significantly vs previous years if they see a lot of people not following up or being disqualified, which means that with the higher number of "winners", there are likely to be a lot of numbers that are not current by FY-end. Just my thoughts.

Numbers here (grand total on last page): http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY12AnnualReport-TableVII.pdf