• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

September VB - DV14 Last Chapter

So I better not fill up my forms for DV2015, EU44xxx
Fill your forms with no nigeria europe can have a bigger quota you never know , just dont get stressed about it you havent won anything yet when you have visa you win .

And this is it. For me it's over, a year and a half of plans about buying a house, convalidation of our university studies, schools for our children, ... I'm devastated, I feel like I've wasted one year and half planning an inexistent new life. That does it for me, I don't know if I will try again next year.
Some serious planning and hopes invested. Surely, you should have been aware ever since May 2013 of the possibility of not happening

Some serious planning and hopes invested. Surely, you should have been aware ever since May 2013 of the possibility of not happening

Just wasted illusions and plans postponed, i'm not a suicide. I have a business here and my wife has a job.
I just want better expectations for my children. I was just seeing possible houses, cars, schools... through internet.

I think most of the people here that has high CN has the same feeling as me. It's almost imposible not to make any plans though it's well known that winning a number it's not like winning a visa. This teaches me that sometimes we think in USA there's no burocrats or politicians that see us like experiments, not like people with illusions and a life. But it's the same, politicians are always the same, the difference is the degree of freedom we have and chances to thrive on your own hard work.
This year it's worse than 2012 fiasco, at least then they realized sooner than now.
And I really feel sad for the people that really need an exit in hard-living places and couldn't get it because of their 2014 experiment.

really awful number for asia...only 550 over the last number, why does it happen ? DV14 is probably the worst DV ever as far as cut-off numbers is concerned, I am not a DV14 winner, DV15 that is, my CN is 13,6xx just a shy of the DV14 september cut-off number, would be extremely silly if i didn't get an interview just because my number is just a little over the cut-off

will Dv15 be the same as DV14 ? now that they nigeria isn't eligible + the form is online
i can only hope the numbers for DV15 go faster than DV14, don't wanna shatter my family's hope...

I think most of the people here that has high CN has the same feeling as me. It's almost imposible not to make any plans though it's well known that winning a number it's not like winning a visa. This teaches me that sometimes we think in USA there's no burocrats or politicians that see us like experiments, not like people with illusions and a life. But it's the same, politicians are always the same, the difference is the degree of freedom we have and chances to thrive on your own hard work.
This year it's worse than 2012 fiasco, at least then they realized sooner than now.
And I really feel sad for the people that really need an exit in hard-living places and couldn't get it because of their 2014 experiment.

better not get selected than being selected with a very high number...false hope hurts

Last edited:
Reactions: DKK
guys.

I have a theory. Perhaps the mathematical model used to plan the number intake was based on previous data that reflects the times from the last financial crisis. Perhaps in times of economic booms like the period we are facing now, more people follow through with their applications. Seems to me DV doesn’t take into account economic world situations/ sentiments, which are in its self, just guess work. If I were to have put a contract on the DOW Jones 2 years ago, I would have basically made 50% profit. Who would have thought? This growth in the economy/ job prospects encourages more people to follow through....

Predicting the correct amount of winners to fill the visas is a tricky business.... it is after all luck.

We should at least try to get some explanation from KCC ASAP, was last VB a mistake.Or maybe is true that quotas are full so they no need september scheduling at all..

I just calles KCc and they told me that All the numbers that have not been changed in the last vb is because the state has not release the numbers yet

That it hasn't been updated for Europe, South America and Oceania. They have to see how the interview process goes for the numbers that are already called.

I just called and get nothing new just "that are the numbers for september" maybe I got bad mood lady... This one sounded pretty calm and reserved about any speculations.

I don't know if it will be soon. She told me that tomorrow they could call 100
I just called and get nothing new just "that are the numbers for september" maybe I got bad mood lady... This one sounded pretty calm and reserved about any speculations.

That's weird because the lady that I talked to told me that the state has not release any numbers for those continents yet. I spoke with her for 10 minutes going back and forth. But she told me that those were not the final numbers. She was actually the nicest one that I have spoken to.