September 2009 n-400 fillers

Interview tomorrow guys ..shall post once it is done. Prepared with everything per the 'sticky' thread on list of things.

Interview completed - Fairfax
Time on letter: 9.40 am
Reported ...on dot at 9.40 am and handed over the letters to reception officer.
Partner called in before 10
I was called in around 10.15 by a pretty nice woman officer.

1. Hand-raised - oath.
2. Verified DOB/details etc
3. Passport/Lic/GC - verified.
4. Name change details - i was shortening my name - surprisingly she already had a print out with that change. No idea how.
5. Asked if I was still working at my 'current' job - said Yes. She was 'wow'ed
6. Went thru all Yes/Nos.
7. English test - california is biggest state - read and write
8. civics test:
a)if president cant function who becomes head
b)head of executive branch
c)why did colonists come
d)voting amendment - describe one
dont remember the rest 2.
9. signatures
10.signed name change forms and she gave me N-652. said oath letter will come in a couple of weeks or so.

pretty quick - in-n-out actually.
I did overhear some guys sitting behind in waiting hall cribbing that they have been waiting for almost 2 hrs now. So dont know how this works.

Partner's Oath on Jan 6.
I can now peacefully leave for India trip on 10th Dec with my GC

Thanks a lot to everyone here -
If anything - I would say, just dont sweat.
By the way, the A-file that was in front of my officer - man, that was humongous!

N-400 : Fairfax, VA (DC)
09/10/2009(00dys) : N400 Mailed 2 Lewisville, TX (USPS)
09/12/2009(02dys) : Notice Left - Saturday
09/14/2009(04dys) : Mail RCVD
09/16/2009(06dys) : Cashed
09/17/2009(07dys) : RCVD Return Receipt
09/19/2009(09dys) : RCVD Notice
09/26/2009(16dys) : RCVD FP Notice
10/13/2009(33dys) : FP (only 15 minutes)
10/27/2009(47dys) : Online - Case Transferred 2 local office
10/29/2009(49dys) : RCVD IL
12/02/2009(83dys) : ID (8:20AM)
12/02/2009(83dys) : Oath (2:00PM)

I was so nervous because I have issue with my tax. So, I brought all the documents with me. Anyway, I was 15 minutes late because I made a wrong turn. Then, it's even worse, I forgot my wallet in the car more detail but it wasn't important. I dropped my interview letter around 8:40AM. I thought it will extend my interview time. However, within 15 minutes. IO call my name still nervous. So, I forgot all of my documents on a chair(HAHHAHAH). IO was so nice. He asked me some everyday life question which make me feel more relax. When I got in the room, there were 2 IO(supervisor and trainee IO). It made me feel even worse. However, everything went smoothly.

First, the supervisor asked me to raise my right hand...and so on.

Then, trainee IO start all the process. He asked for GC and DL.

Then, Verified more info and all the info on the application. Ask about my job, since I put my work address as a headquarter which is in West Coast. He said you're not driving to work over there, right. So, I told him where I work exactly (SHOW: traffic citation - I have extra copy on hand. So, IO took it and put it on file.)

Then, Civic test(EDIT LATER)

Then, he asked me to read a question. He answer the question(I write that answer).

Then, he went out to check oath time. He said if my interview time at 9, I would get oath time at 10. So, he asked if I can come back at 2PM. I said YES.

At the Oath Ceremony, I need to summit a paper that IO gave. It asked pretty much the same stuff on N400(only some). To make sure that you're not changing anything because some people do not get the same day oath. about 50 people at the oath ceremony.

Last edited by a moderator:
Current Status Update

Newark D/O
09/16/09 N-400 Sent
09/17/09 N-400 Received
09/18/09 Notice of Action
09/23/09 Check cashed
09/24/09 Email/online status changed to "Request for Evidence" - Finger Print Letter
09/24/09 Notice of Action letter received at home
09/28/09 FP Notice letter received at home
10/15/09 FP Date Scheduled (Completed)
11/19/09 Yellow Letter received for state issued id
12/03/09 Email/online status changed to "Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview"

Forgot to update this thread.
Had interview yesterday and took oath.
Interview experience is on anther thread called interview preparation started by johntlc.

Current Status Update

Here is my current Status Update:

Me and wife went for FP on 13rd Oct (Scheduled Date). Wife's staus updated on 24th Oct and IL received on 29th Oct for Interview on 30th Nov. My status finally changed on 4th Nov to Testing and Interview. But I did not get any IL. I started calling USCIS from 20th Nov but every time got to dumb Cust serv reps who kept on saying to wait for 30 days. Then came Thanks Giving Holidays. I decided to schedule infopass appointment for 30th Nov (the day my wife had Interview).

We reached DO at 9:30 for 10:30 interview of my wife as I have scheduled info pass at 9:45 AM for me. We could get hold of a good rep and good IO, who understood my situation and got hold of their counterpart at NBC. They informed me that my interview is scheduled on 9th Dec at 8:30 AM and I would be getting another IL in mail within next 3/4 days. They also said, if I do not get any thing by Monday (7th Dec), schedule another infopass for 8th Dec.

Now about my wife's interview, she was called at 10:20 and was done in 6 minutes. Showed GC and PP, civic questions asked, reading/writing and asked for any change in application (for which she said no) and then she was asked few yes/no questions from application at random (not all). She was given letter passed test and interview and wait for Oath Letter. We were out of DO by 10:30 AM. Now we are waiting for Oath letter for her. Oath in Kansas City is scheduled on 18th Dec and I hope she gets into that because I believe next oath is in Feb so that means 2 months wait, which will be very much painful.

Just now I got a call from my wife that my IL has been delivered in mail today and my Interview is scheduled for 9th Dec. So after going through rough time courtsey USCIS :mad::mad:, I am back on track for ID on 9th Dec. :D:D

Good luck to all the friends.

Status changed on 05-dec to scheduled for interview.

Filed on Sep 11
FP on Oct 12
Scheduled for Interview change - Dec 05
ID - ???

Updated Signature. IL received with January 19, 2010 as ID.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Guys, I have my interview tomorrow at 11:15 am (NYC-Federal Plaza). I feel confident and optimistic, however I am a little nervous and excited; you can't control some human feelings. I am listening the CD for the very last time and ready for tomorrow. (I have to work today, it will help me to be distracted about my interview).

This is my time line:

DO: NYC (Federal Plaza)
09/12/2009: N400 sent
09/14/2009: N400 Received + Priority date
09/21/2009: NOA received + Check cleared
10/02/2009: FP Done
11/07/2009: Sent for Standard Interview
11/21/2009: IL received (No YL received)
12/07/2009: ID at 26 Federal Plaza (11:15 am)

I am off tomorrow, after my interview I will post my experience. i had a DUI on 6/22/01, I didn't receive YL and my I-485 was not updated. I hope they have my A-file and ready to interview me.

Have a great weekend.

Good Morning Guys, I have my interview tomorrow at 11:15 am (NYC-Federal Plaza). I feel confident and optimistic, however I am a little nervous and excited; you can't control some human feelings. I am listening the CD for the very last time and ready for tomorrow. (I have to work today, it will help me to be distracted about my interview).

This is my time line:

I am off tomorrow, after my interview I will post my experience. i had a DUI on 6/22/01, I didn't receive YL and my I-485 was not updated. I hope they have my A-file and ready to interview me.

Have a great weekend.

best of luck ITE.

No IL letter for spouse..

Me and spouse received email updates on 11/26 saying the case is transfered to local office. And I received my interview letter 11/30 ( Mailed on 11/24). But no IL letter for spouse.. I am wondering if it got mis-placed by post office in mail due to all holiday mails..

What would be the next step?. Can I call and check if IL was mailed for spouse?

Thanks,

Me and spouse received email updates on 11/26 saying the case is transfered to local office. And I received my interview letter 11/30 ( Mailed on 11/24). But no IL letter for spouse.. I am wondering if it got mis-placed by post office in mail due to all holiday mails..

What would be the next step?. Can I call and check if IL was mailed for spouse?

Thanks,

Same thiung happened with me. We got IL for spouse but not for me. Cust Serv were hope less and never told me any thing other than what I knew. Finally I had to take info pass and I got new IL just days before my interview. (Read my post in this thread reply # 350).

Good luck.

This is my time line:

Have a great weekend.

Good luck iteusa. Please post your interview experience after you are done.

Thanks sunks for your reply.

Can you let me know what is 1-800 to call customer service and also how to make a info pass appointment ?

Thanks sunks for your reply.

Can you let me know what is 1-800 to call customer service and also how to make a info pass appointment ?

The cust serv number is 1-800-375-5283. But they probably won't help you much until and unless you come across a nice cs rep. I did not get one in many attempts I made.

I think you still have time. Since your interview is in Jan, you can wait for a week or two and then raise red flag probably around 20th Dec. For info pass appointment go to https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php and then you can follow instructions. Good luck.

I just came back from 26 Federal Plaza (NYC) Interview was schedule at 11:15 h.
Thank you guys for your suggestions/recommendations, I will post my experience later today. I just want to head up....interview-time just 14 minutes.......NYC....14 minutes......it is unbelievable!!!!! I passed!!!! details later.....now waiting for my oath appointment letter. whoever is waiting and having issues with USCIS good luck/blessing.

12/07/2009: ID at 26 Federal Plaza (11:15 am) PASSED!!!!!