September 2008 filers, Post here

Hurrah..................here we go i received my IL today. I think my valentine is really lucky for me.....:D

Hi Guys....

It's over...I got my greencard today....not bad...less tahn 150 days...Thanks again to all of you..and All the best

Thanks Job2367 and co.ador,

I hope you guys will get ur card soon. My card is for 10 years..so now waiting for 2012 for citizenship..i hope we all guys will be in same forum at that time...

Thanks again.

pAT_VAL

now that you bring up the citizenship point, I have heard that a Conditional Green card residense is able to apply for citizenship after 2 or 3 year...

i have been confused in that point, is it 2 or 3 years?....

Hey pat_val,

I would like to know the documentations that you brought to the interview. My wife who is a US Citizen, she doesn't have her birth certificate with her here in the US, would the interviewer asks about all the documents checklist from the interview letter notice? Thanks in advanced!!

Thanks Job2367 and co.ador,

I hope you guys will get ur card soon. My card is for 10 years..so now waiting for 2012 for citizenship..i hope we all guys will be in same forum at that time...

Thanks again.

co.ador,

From what I know, you can apply for citizenship after 3 years of having the GC .. If you have conditional GC, you will have to remove the conditional term first then after 1 year of having the regular GC then you can apply for your citizenship ...

pAT_VAL

now that you bring up the citizenship point, I have heard that a Conditional Green card residense is able to apply for citizenship after 2 or 3 year...

i have been confused in that point, is it 2 or 3 years?....

Hey pat_val,

I would like to know the documentations that you brought to the interview. My wife who is a US Citizen, she doesn't have her birth certificate with her here in the US, would the interviewer asks about all the documents checklist from the interview letter notice? Thanks in advanced!!

Hi hlesmana,

I took all documents which they mentioned in Interview letter. She did not ask for my wife's birth certificate but she asked for my and my son's birthe certificate. She did ask for some documents showing both name and pics. make sure you will have copy of each and every documents because they asked me for copies of documents. Wish you all the best.

Guys can you tell me how does the Oath goes in the interview...

What are the question they ask in the Oath?

Can someone take the time to post the questions of the oath?

Got my welcome notice today. There were no LUDs since my interview, so it suprised me. Hope the card is around the corner as well.:)

Got my welcome notice today. There were no LUDs since my interview, so it suprised me. Hope the card is around the corner as well.:)

You should get your card within next five days....Congratulations...My case is still showing pending even after getting my GC. lol....

I got another letter from USCIs requesting the Affidavit of support againg .. they said that the one i sent did not qualify .... i have another person now . .. im gonna send it again ... im sure this time is Ok ... do u guys know if this can delay my interview? .. I'm tired of waiting .. i dont even got my EAD ...

My interview experience today..

We arrived at 7:30 am as per our scheduled interview time , we were called in exactly in 2 minutes , there were around 25 other couples waiting mostly who had come with lawyers, a tall middle aged white gentleman welcomed us in to the office.

He first made us swear that we will speak the truth, he was very friendly, and funny I did not feel for a moment I was sitting in front of an IO , we spent half our time laughing at his jokes, the only question he asked us from the immigration forms was each others birthdays, then he asked us how we met, asked for joint assets copies, gave him bank statement, joint car insurance and joint tax returns for 2008, he looked at our photo album and made pleasant comments about the photos , and said you guys are APPROVED and you will be getting the GC in 2 weeks , dont travel before that and told me I need to apply for a permenant GC in 2 years and in 3 years I am eligible for citizenship, we were really happy and finally I asked him to recheck if the FBI name check and back ground check is cleared, he looked and said everything is fine and cleared ... he never took any docs from me like AP or EAD , ...so over all it was a pleasant experience for me !

I hope you fellow september filers get the same positive response at your respective interviews

God Bless!!

Congrats Doc as well.

Trawal you have three more days for your interview, get prepare and bring us your experience here,

it is a must do Trawal

Good luck Bro

Hey Guys..Got my GC in the mail today!:D Thanks to all for posting your priceless advice and experience...it truly helps people out even though you may never know it. FYI, my online status shows pending since the interview, no LUDs/emails. All the best to everyone in their process, always stay positive:)
Cheers!