September 2008 filers, Post here

GOT MY GC - - GOT my I-551 stamp on request.

Hi Friends

Got my GC...interview was successful.

Not a lot of questions were asked. We are married for more than 5 years and my wife is pregnant. I think it contributed to the interview.

Sequence of events......

Interview was scheduled at 11:15am at Dallas office.
Reached the office at around 11:00am. The waiting game started and finally we were called at about 12:00pm(45 minutes wait) The officer was very very curtious. She did not confuse us and she was very friendly...absolutely no complaints.
Got our DL and Passports. Verified all and told us she will get the copies and will be back but I informed I had all the copies and she can take. She took the DL copies and the SSN copies.
We were in her office and we talked general for about 5 to 7 minutes.
Then we got back into the topic. She asked me some regular questions from the I-485 application(drugs,police...etc)
She asked my wife what she was doing and on whose income the I-864 was filed.
My wife is not working so she told on my income. Then we told the officer that we bought a new home and she asked for a copy of the sale document.
She informed us everything is fine and she has approved the case and I will get my GC in 3 weeks. Did not take back my EAD and Advance parole.
TOOK my I-94.
I informed the officer that my H1B is going to expire the day after and I need a stamp to continue work, she talked to the supervisor and arranged for it.
I also asked her if I was given a conditional green card and she told me no as we were married for more than 2 years...its permanent greem card valid for 10 years.....All went well.....

Sent I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765, I-864 9/1/2008
Notice 9/12/2008
FP Appointment Notice 9/17/2008
RFE 10/1/2008
RFE Answered 10/10/2008
FP Completed 10/8/2008
RFE Received - online update 10/16/2008
Waiting….Waiting……Waiting……. 11/17/2008
RFE Received - I-765 not signed 11/26/2008
Evidence sent by over night 11/27/2008
Evidence received 12/3/2008
LUD on I-765 RFE Received…60 days to process…. 12/3/2008
I-765 and I-131 Notice of approval have been Mailed 12/17/2008
I-765 Card Production Ordered 12/17/2008
I-765 received in mail 12/24/2008
I-131 received in mail 12/26/2008
Received IL(Interview Letter) Scheduled for March 06, 2009 1/27/2009
Interview completed on March 06 at 12.30 pm

Congrats! GCLK.

Co.Ador, and other aspirants... please find that based on the interview questions on this forum and other forums.... I have compiled my own files for different categories...like the following five files I have uploaded now...

1. A- Our Relationship.doc : This one talks mainly about how your relationship questions etc... note there will be some repetitions but these are to ensure that you guys are on the dot....that is what AO's try to check.
2. B - Our Home.doc: about your home / appliances / couches / etc...
3. C- Food.doc: Questions about relating food habits / restaurants etc.
4. D - Family.doc: About each spouse family / siblings /parents etc.
5. F - Prior to interview.doc: about what questions they might ask you about just a day or week before the interview etc...

I will upload two more files in my next posting as I am only allowed to upload 5 files. Trust me guys follow this method and might help you out....

1. Take two copies of each file and give one set to the USC spouse and ask him /her to fill it out. Once done let USC spouse pose questions to you and check how well you can answer or match the questions. Take everyday one document only. For instance for for FOOD one day and see how well you match with each other....
2. Once you have followed for all others....
3. Once you both will be on same page at one point. that's when you take another copy and make the final version with your answers. In other terms this will be your bible / Quran / Geetha whatever.....
4. Have one of your family member do the mock interview with you both. Randomly let her ask your USC spouse and then yourself. See if both are right?
5. Prior to the interview night, please do not kill yourself. Just watch some movie / anything that relaxes you guys and just sleep. Once you know that you are genuine come on guys nothing will hold you both.... have that confidence developed.

I will let you know some of tips I have followed later..... my 2 cents.

hope this helps....

chill guys ..... cool.

Congrats GLCK and Trawal.

We had our interview last monday in Dallas, i will call it the Interview from Hell.

Our IO was a middle-aged lady who i would say is the toughest interviewer i have ever had.

She DID NOT

-Not ask how our day was
-Not ask about our wedding
-Not ask about reception
-Not ask about honeymoon
-Not ask for pictures
.... i think you get the trend.

She made no attempt to make us comportable.

Our case was very straight forward but she went out of her way to make things difficult for us.
We have my last name on all our documents including my wife's DL, SS card and naturalization certificate.
We had over 10 joint bills (both names on them) and 1 joint Savings accout.

Here's the weird part.

1)
We have 6 months consecutive bank statements from the Savings account, one look and she said "what is this?". "Did you pay bills from Savings account?". "I want a checking account". We explained that we pay bills from our seperate Checking Accounts (since we both have steady incomes) but she wanted none of that. She asked my wife to write her a voided check (which was very confusing). Luckily she had her checks and wrote a very confusing voided check which the IO took and filed.

2) We showed her our joint car insurance with both our cars on it (one is a 2009 xxxxxx). Her reaction to that was "Are both your names on the new car?". We said yes. Thinking that was it (remmember, we offered the insurance card as a joint bill NOT a shared car payment) she went on to ask .. "Is this car paid of?" to which my wife sarcastically replied, ".. no ma'am, the 2009 xxxx car is not yet paid off).

3)
We have 2 joint credit cards (one account but 2 authorised users). We gave them to her but she returned one pair and said "Is this a checking account?, i want a checking account!". We explained again and she finally got it. She decided to make copies of them (very insecure in this era of identity theft).

At the end of the interview we mentioned that we had compiled an almun (200+ pictures from wedding + reception) and she glanced at a few and said "looks like you guys had fun", that's it. My wife showed her a picture on a Dallas wedding magazine that we were profiled in but she just stared. If we knew thosee would be useless we would definitely NOT have gone throung the trouble to compile them.

At the end she asked for my I-94, made copies of my passport and said will get approval letter in the mail in 3-4 weeks.

In hindsight maybe we should have blown $2k on a lawyer to answer these questions. We felt like defendants being cross-examined by Johnny Cochran in a murder trial.

gconyi...you guys did your part and was prepared. You have a legit marriage and have nothing to worry about, a bit of discomfort dealing with an unfriendly officer is worth it.:)

Congrats!!

Thanks Job2367, i guess it worked out ok for us. Its just that we were too pissed to celebrate the approval.

Family Based AOS for Spouse

Sep 15 2008: Sent I130 + I485 + I765 to Chicago Lockbox.
Sep 16 2008: I130 + I485 + I765 (Receipt Date).
Sep 18 2008: I130 + I485 + I765 (Notice Date).
Sep 22 2008: Received NOA receipts for I130 + I485 + I765
Sep 23 2008: I130 + I485 + I765 available online.
Sep 29 2008: Received NOA for biometrics appointment (10/15/2008)
Oct 10 2008: I485 + I765 touched
Oct 15 2008: Biometrics taken
Oct 15 2008: I485 + I765 touched
Dec 17 2008: I765 Card Production ordered
Dec 23 2008: I765 Approval Notice sent
Dec 24 2008: I765 Received in mail
Jan 24 2008: Received IL
March 9th 2009: Approved

waiting for approval letter and GC .. hopefully soon

KSP9 I appriciate your help I will check on those documents definetly....

Thank you.

I will review all these documents

KSP9 you deserve more than two cents.........lol

Congrats gconyi !! I also want to update that I've received Welcome Notice Letter today. Can't wait to get the actual GC soon!! Btw, do you guys have trouble finding a job?? I got my EAD card since December 2008 but until now, I still couldn't find a decent job !!! :mad: May God bless you all ~~~

what type of job have you been looking for?

it depends in the erea where you live in.

Here in new york there is a lot of jobs if you have connections.

I applied around your time, and have been looking for a job since October 2008 and have had no luck....even though I got the GC, I have no job so it's really very frustrating:mad:

Congrats trawal. my case is some what like you. i came here on F1 and now i am on H1B.
Congrats gconyi and all others who got approved. good luck everyone i have almost month to go......

jas_79,

Do you have any vacancies in the company you're working at for an Industrial Engineer like me?? :p

Congrats trawal. my case is some what like you. i came here on F1 and now i am on H1B.
Congrats gconyi and all others who got approved. good luck everyone i have almost month to go......

Hey KSP9 do you have more interview questions or any other suggestion that might come up during the interview?

Just got "Card Production ordered" email from CRIS. I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Family Based AOS for Spouse

Sep 15 2008: Sent I130 + I485 + I765 to Chicago Lockbox.
Sep 16 2008: I130 + I485 + I765 (Receipt Date).
Sep 18 2008: I130 + I485 + I765 (Notice Date).
Sep 22 2008: Received NOA receipts for I130 + I485 + I765
Sep 23 2008: I130 + I485 + I765 available online.
Sep 29 2008: Received NOA for biometrics appointment (10/15/2008)
Oct 10 2008: I485 + I765 touched
Oct 15 2008: Biometrics taken
Oct 15 2008: I485 + I765 touched
Dec 17 2008: I765 Card Production ordered
Dec 23 2008: I765 Approval Notice sent
Dec 24 2008: I765 Received in mail
Jan 24 2008: Received IL for March 9 2009 in Irving, TX
March 9 2009: Interview Date (very tough IO)
March 13 2009: Card Production ordered

Last edited by a moderator:
Co.Ador,

Well, the other important questions that you would need to work on are ...

1. About you / your USC spouse WORK details / W2 details / place or address of the work / phone numbers / salary / last jobs (if jobs have been changed) / in other words I-864 must be known to both you / your spouse / What kind of work he or she does?

2. Religious questions (church / temple / others): do you guys go to church or any others? How often ? How do you go? When do you go? etc....

3. Bills / financial details: Who pays the bills? Who write checks? or you pay online or how? Know about your utility bills details Like (What company your electricity / Cable (time warner / rcn / others)) etc... how is it paid? Who takes of it?

4. Life Insurance / Medical Insurance: Insurance company / Super to the building where you live / Who is the doctor for your USC Spouse / when was the last time she or he visited the doctor? why? Others.....

5. Groceries: Where do you buy? who shops? How often? etc.....Who pays? Try to use the bank account that you have as joint? Also ensure that the bank account has sufficient funds? Savings / checking of activity?

I hope it helps....I will be gone to india as my father is not feeling good. We were supposed to get married in traditional marriage but I had to go and postpone the wedding.....as he is not feeling good...

I won't be here for until mid april.... but i will see if I can access the forums.... I hope you all the best......

Will try to check every other day if possible....

regards

Wish you the best in your trip to india and I hope your father gets better and happy about your visiting.

Brother you have given me a lot of details I appriciate your help Bro...

Wish you the best I hope you can access the forum sometimes.

Hello guys...

I just want to update that I have received the actual GC today. It's so fast!! I couldn't believe it... It's like a dream ... :p Anyway, I would like to say thank you to all of you guys who have help me going through this .. I'm going back home soon for vacation after 3 years .... Good luck to all of you september filers ... God bless y'all .... :D