September 2008 filers, Post here

I don't think you need to send a letter to Vermont. When you sent the package, did you include your approved I-130? If you did, that I think you should be fine :)

Hi !

Ya, I attached copy of approval letter of I 130 in my application..Thanks for your guidence...

I don't know what's wrong with the online updates, because uscis received my RFE on oct. 23 (usps.com) and they haven't update or sent a letter to response.... i called and they told me i have to wait till nov.23 and call again to ask the if they have it ...

I'm pregnant, due on january 16 and i want to show my baby boy to my parents and relatives, they live in DR.... i want to go on march 15, im gonna fill out the 131 form.. is that secure??? .. can i come back withuot problems?????

if you ever stayed here illegally and were out of status before you filed your GC petition then you have something to worry about, even though u will have the advance parole when you enter , but you might be questioned at the POE, and can expect anything

and about your RFE online status not being updated , wait for 2 more weeks,if it still doesnt update then resend the evidence, you dont want to take chances , what if it was lost somewhere at the USCIS office, and you are relaxed that it reached and in 87 days your file is considered abandoned, so better resend it incase it doesnt update

Last edited by a moderator:
if you ever stayed here illegally and were out of status before you filed your GC petition then you have something to worry about, even though u will have the advance parole when you enter , but you might be questioned at the POE, and can expect anything

Dear doctor1,

Then why the USCIS give I-131 for if we can't even use it? I'm confuse... :confused:

Dear doctor1,

Then why the USCIS give I-131 for if we can't even use it? I'm confuse... :confused:

I-131 is for those who did not overstay, for example F-1 holders who applied for AOS before their visa expired.

For the overstays, I-131 is absolutely useless, so they shouldn't even waste their time applying for it.

Need my EAD and AP.......waiting to go home

Hi Friends

One more in the same boat........

To be short......
Been on H1B and applied for AOS based on my wife who is a USC

Married for 5+ years so no red flags on the application.

Sent I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765, I-864 9/1/2008 0
Notice 9/12/2008 11
FP Appointment Notice 9/17/2008 16
RFE 10/1/2008 30
FP Completed 10/8/2008 ~38
RFE Answered 10/10/2008 40
RFE Received - online update 10/16/2008 46

No More updates till date.......I need my EAD for chaging my Job

Question 1 : I subbmited my income as primary in the I-864 as my wife has been a student for the past 3 years, but we were filing jointly on the taxes, and she had no income. Will this be a problem? I have not submitted any supplimentary forms other than I-864 as on the instructions it says the benificiary's income can be claimed. My income is definetly more than the 125% .....Please advice little worried on this.

Qestion 2 : My sponsor and I are married for 5+ years but we got married after she got her green card. I have read in the forums that conditional GC is give if married less than 2 years before getting permanent residency so my interpretation is I will get a Conditional GC. Am I right or wrong?

Thanks in advance

Qestion 2 : My sponsor and I are married for 5+ years but we got married after she got her green card. I have read in the forums that conditional GC is give if married less than 2 years before getting permanent residency so my interpretation is I will get a Conditional GC. Am I right or wrong?

From my understanding, you will get a conditional GC if you are married less than 2 years from the time your GC is approved (or the day of your interview). You get a "real/permanent" GC if you are married for 2 years + on the day of your interview/the day you are approved.

From my understanding, you will get a conditional GC if you are married less than 2 years from the time your GC is approved (or the day of your interview). You get a "real/permanent" GC if you are married for 2 years + on the day of your interview/the day you are approved.

This how I understand it and I may be wrong - it is 2yrs from the day you filed, not from the day you got married.

On the August thread it says someone with RD of 9/3 got his EAD approved today, so hopefully ours will start getting approved beginning of next week. Good luck, everybody!

Im not illegal, I enter as a B1 B2 Visa .. I have my I-94 to prove it and is not expire yet .. so in my case.... what should i do???

hello friends, finally I got the update I was waiting for my I-765 card production ordered and I-131 approved both on Nov 10 , not bad 70 days from the time I applied, keeping in mind that I also had a RFE , I am glad finally some action regarding my case, I am pretty sure all the sep filers will have their EAD cards approved within a couple of weeks, I wish you guys good luck!!

hello friends, finally I got the update I was waiting for my I-765 card production ordered and I-131 approved both on Nov 10 , not bad 70 days from the time I applied, keeping in mind that I also had a RFE , I am glad finally some action regarding my case, I am pretty sure all the sep filers will have their EAD cards approved within a couple of weeks, I wish you guys good luck!!

Congratulations doctor1 !!! We're happy for you!! :D

Congrats, your timeline is a couple days ahead of mine, so I can't wait for next week!

Doctor Congrats. I had a RFE too so your news is positive for me.

Also it took USCIS to update their website almost after a month since they recieved RFE response. They are slow....

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi doctor1,
Congratulations.... It's really great news for Septmber filer..All the best to all September filer...

Congrats :)
I hope every one of us get our own EADs soon too!

Hey guys!!!!!! First of all congrats to Doctor!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad for you!!!!!!!!

buy the way, sent RFE today finally( medical report and some other stuff) I hope it will not cause delays in processing EAD

Im happy for u .. Doctor 1 ... Hope that happens to me 2 .. I sent my RFE on Oct. 23 and went to an infopass app and they say i have to wait .. and that is not necessary to fill out the I-131, because i'll probably have my green card for the time i want to travel ... what do u think guys??....