September 2008 filers, Post here

Hi guys!!! FP is done today, also got an appointment for a medical exam on Thursday, that means next week will send RFE back to them? hope it will not affect the rate of the process.

ya go do that medical , if you had already done it , tell the doc that its his fault that you got an rfe and there was something wrong with the form he gave you, if you never took the medical go and get done with it, if they require you to take vaccines go and do it at the local health dept , its cheaper.

I checked online usps.com and they received my RFE, so i hope to received an update on monday .. because they received on the 23rd ..it's been a week and not updates yet ...

Same here Lia...they received my RFE on 24th and I can see that they have updated their site saying RFE response received.

You will see soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
About walk-in BIO appointment! I live in NJ and FP in newark

The same day I had my biometric appointment I had an interview (Oct 1) and I didn't want to miss it or change the day, the interview is in the morning and the Biometrics appointment was at 1 PM, but I didn't want to take the risk to miss the Biometrics appointment, so last night I started googling if there was any way to speed up the process, and I found out that some USCIS offices are able to take your Biometrics, as long as you have the appointment letter, even if you are going before... well, I went today Saturday to the USCIS office just to try and knowing they might have said no... guess what?... They were totally free and so nice! They took my Biometrics and now I don't have to wait until Oct 1!. They were so nice!, so If you are in a hurry you can try going to the Biometrics USCIS office before the appointment day! I read on other threads that the best days to go are Wednesdays and Saturday; they are less busy those days(That's what I read, I might be wrong). However, it depends of the office. I was lucky!, but they could've said I had to wait.... anyway, I'm so happy! You should try if you are in a hurry! It's is worth to try if you really need the papers fast.

I'm just telling you my case, I'm not a lawyer or an expert, so act accordingly.

Hi I saw people saying WALK-IN to BIO. I wonder if USCIS Newark open on Saturday, then, I don't have to take off half day from work.
Please someone help me! If confirmed I may go this Sat. instead of next Wed (my really appointment)...

you can try for walk-in. They might be able to take it.

It seems like this is a silent period going for all September Filers. I know that it takes between 6-10 weeks to get your EAD and AP after FP. I hope we all get it soon so I can switch my job.

Hi Guys,

One quick question. I filed for adjustment of status in September with I485, I765, I693, I131, I864 and I864a as my wife became USC. I filed I130 in 2005 when i got married (She was greencard holder). I130 was approved in 2005. Now somebody told me that i have to send letter to Vermont to upgrade my I130 to get my interview. Please i need your advise regarding this.

Thanks

hey
how is everyone did anyone get ead or approval yet please post it i have seen people in end of august are getting there ead.... please post......the happy news

hey
how is everyone did anyone get ead or approval yet please post it i have seen people in end of august are getting there ead.... please post......the happy news

I did not get an EAD, but I got an interview letter yesterday for December 11 in Garden City NY. I am surprised my interview is so early, almost exactly 3 months after mailing the application!

congrats

congrats gud luck for your interview did you check why dint you get ead i was waiting for my ead i have seen people usally get ead with in 5 to 6 weeks of finger print ..... hope i will get it soon and others will get it too.... gud luck to every one and everyone please keep postesd and happy holidays to every one

I did not get an EAD, but I got an interview letter yesterday for December 11 in Garden City NY. I am surprised my interview is so early, almost exactly 3 months after mailing the application!

wow 3 months ! thats the fastest I have seen , you are lucky! , congrats I am really happy for you!, anyway dont care about EAD , I see your green card coming!

Btw , out of curiousity , let us know what documents of evidence did you send along with your package, and how long have you guys been married? and what you think made the IO , act so fast on your case...let us know so that future applicants can follow your steps ..

Thank you everybody. I was very surprised too because even online it does not show anything yet (even though MSC sent the IL on Oct 30). When I picked up the mail I was thinking: "is that the EAD card? can't be because it's just one soft page inside the envelope, so it's probably a d**n RFE..." Then I opened it and surprise - Santa came early this year!

I will let you know when I get the EAD, but it will probably not happen before Thanksgiving.

I am actually pretty nervous now because we just got married 4 months ago and started renting an apartment together only 3 months ago, so we do not have much of a documented history living together and sharing assets as of yet. Hopefully the few utility bills that we got so far, photo albums, and a joint bank account will be enough to convince the IO... I did not expect we would have so little time to prepare for the interview.

Which is pretty funny, especially if you consider doctor1's question. We did not include that much evidence with the application. Maybe showing that we went to college together for a few years was convincing, or maybe it's just dumb luck because Garden City is not a very crowded office, from what I've read.

I will keep you updated if anything else happens. In the meantime, good luck to everybody else.

wow 3 months ! thats the fastest I have seen , you are lucky! , congrats I am really happy for you!, anyway dont care about EAD , I see your green card coming!

I care about the EAD because even if the interview goes well, the name check will probably not be done before then, so it could be a couple more months till I get the green card, and I need $$$$ NOW!! :)

Hi Guys,

One quick question. I filed for adjustment of status in September with I485, I765, I693, I131, I864 and I864a as my wife became USC. I filed I130 in 2005 when i got married (She was greencard holder). I130 was approved in 2005. Now somebody told me that i have to send letter to Vermont to upgrade my I130 to get my interview. Please i need your advise regarding this.

Thanks

I don't think you need to send a letter to Vermont. When you sent the package, did you include your approved I-130? If you did, that I think you should be fine :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what's wrong with the online updates, because uscis received my RFE on oct. 23 (usps.com) and they haven't update or sent a letter to response.... i called and they told me i have to wait till nov.23 and call again to ask the if they have it ...

I'm pregnant, due on january 16 and i want to show my baby boy to my parents and relatives, they live in DR.... i want to go on march 15, im gonna fill out the 131 form.. is that secure??? .. can i come back withuot problems?????