September 2008 filers, Post here

I really don't know many GC/Citizens...I cannot mention this to my white colleagues. I hope we will find someone else my case will be rejected.

Hi trawal,

I have same case like you and my one of friend was having same case like you. he already got his EAD without any RFE. As you mentioned you are on H1-B visa. You have to file form 864 A. you can sponser yourself. My wife and my friend's wife is not working at all. We filed form 864A and showed our income is enough for sponsering ourselves. he already got his EAd as he filed four months ago. Please get backe to me if you need more clarification...

All the best.

Pat_Val

I make enough money to pay my bills. I submitted my tax returns, W2, employment letter etc with I-864 and I-864A. I've got the RFE and have to provide them this document in order to re start my application.

Only unlucky people get RFE and I am one of them.

Does the beneficiary have to file a I-864A?

From the instructions on the form...

If you included the income of your spouse listed in 21c, or any child listed in 21d, or any dependent listed in 21e, or any other relative listed in 21g, each one of these individuals must be over 18 years of age and must complete Form I-864A.

To determine the filing requirements for your relatives included in item 24b, follow these instructions:
If you included the income of the intending immigrant who is your spouse (he or she would be counted on line 21a),evidence that his/her income will continue from the current source after obtaining lawful permanent resident status must be provided. He/she does not need to complete Form I-864A unless he/she has accompanying children.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm in the same boat as you and I did not submit the I-864A as I do not have any accompanying children. I still haven't received any RFE but it might be too early to say anything.

I really don't know many GC/Citizens...I cannot mention this to my white colleagues

Firstly wiz123 if your wife makes enough money for the both of you and has filed I-864 , then you dont have to worry about anything else, the US citizen spouse only files I-864, and the intending immigrant or any other person in the household has to file I-864A if needed,
If a joint sponsor (person outside the household) is needed he/she would file I-864 along with the US citizen spouse,

Basically I-864A is only needed by a household member

Trawal I dont see what race has to do with this ,plus those white people might be the ones who can take you out of this problem, you can talk with them this is not a big deal anybody will help you, you wife is a USC dont you guys know anybody in this country who makes above the poverty line, I am sure you do and now is the time to take a favor from them, and dont get frustrated RFE's are common and you have enough time to reply to it , I am sure you will workout something..

Thanks doctor..

We know many Whites but this is like asking a huge favor from them as nobody wants to fall into legal matter. It is hard to explain the natives as they have not ever faced this kind of thing.

Aren't you being a little too impatient?

ahhhhh!!!!!!
im tired of waiting to get the ead card!!!!!!
i want to work :^(

bsd815,

You just filed your paperwork last month. It's been little over a month. USCIS don't do miracles. If you don't get your EAD card by mid of Dec, that's the time you start worrying. You then make calls to cust service and make infopass appointments to check on your EAD card. It's way too soon. RELAX buddy.

Dear Pat_Val and Gagarin,

Just want to update that I've received the FP notice today, scheduled for 10/25/08. What about your status?

Congratulations !!!

Just want to update that I've received the FP notice today, scheduled for 10/25/08. What about your status?

Hi hlesmana,

Congratulations !!!! lucky guy.. i didn't received anything yet. Hope i will get in this week...

Thanks for updating ur case...

I guess lawyer found the solution in my RFE case. She said that we'll show your wife as sponsor and your income as supplemental income. Earlier she used my income as main income and her was supplemental.

I hope USCIS will get satisfied with this response and process my case.

Hi hlesmana and Gagarin,

I have just received FP notice and it also scheduled for 10/25/08. Hey hlesmana, it looks like our time line is going hands to hand...:)

bsd815,

You just filed your paperwork last month. It's been little over a month. USCIS don't do miracles. If you don't get your EAD card by mid of Dec, that's the time you start worrying. You then make calls to cust service and make infopass appointments to check on your EAD card. It's way too soon. RELAX buddy.

i know it's way too soon to even get the card
i mean i'm not really worried i'm just sick of waiting ... :(
but i know what you are saying
when did you file yours btw?

hey!!!!!! Pat_val and hlesmana, I received FP appt., scheduled on october 28th in Cincinnati. anyway congrats you guys for yours FP appts)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Good good!!! I think we are all on the same boat now! Congratulations to us hehehee... :D Btw, have you guys been able to see your case online? I've tried everyday but it said the case can't be found... I'm wondering why....?

Last edited by a moderator:

Good good!!! I think we are all on the same boat now! Congratulations to us hehehee... :D Btw, have you guys been able to see your case online? I've tried everyday but it said the case can't be found... I'm wondering why....?

yahoooooo))))))))))))))))))

I'm just curious where are you guys originally from? I'm from russia, how about you hlesmana and pat_val? if you don't mind of course))))))))))))))))))

yahoooooo))))))))))))))))))

I'm just curious where are you guys originally from? I'm from russia, how about you hlesmana and pat_val? if you don't mind of course))))))))))))))))))

Hi hlesmana and Gagarin,

I am from India. Yes, I am able to see my case on line from oct 6. They put my case online on Oct 2, 2008.

hi hlesmana , Gagarin and Pat_val,

I seem to be in the same boat too. However no FP letter yet 3 cases show up, but I 485 does not

FP Done by Walk ins !!

I did my FP today by walk ins at ASC in Buena Park, CA. I came and asked the receptionist that my appointment is supposed to be this coming Saturday, but I was wondering if I can do it today. They didn't question me anything and said OK. Then, there you go! hehehehe... I'm happy!!! Now the waiting begins...

I did my FP today by walk ins at ASC in Buena Park, CA. I came and asked the receptionist that my appointment is supposed to be this coming Saturday, but I was wondering if I can do it today. They didn't question me anything and said OK. Then, there you go! hehehehe... I'm happy!!! Now the waiting begins...

Hi hlesmana,

Great!!! Congratulations... I am waiting for Saturday....