September 2008 filers, Post here

Location - San Jose for my mom

09/12/08 130+485 sent to Chicago.
09/15/08 NOA.
10/03/08 485 status show online
10/07/08 FF done.
10/10/08 LUD for 485: "Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred"

Sept.19 2008:AOS (F1 to PR) Package sent
(Day 1)Sep 24 2008:I130 + I485 + I765 received at chicago lockbox,
(Day 3)Sep 26 2008: NOA receipts for all 3 packages
(Day 9)Oct.05 9 2008: Biometrics appointment recieved - Oct.20
(Day 14)Oct. 10 2008: Aplications Updates Online

Sept.19 2008:AOS (F1 to PR) Package sent
(Day 1)Sep 24 2008:I130 + I485 + I765 received at chicago lockbox,
(Day 3)Sep 26 2008: NOA receipts for all 3 packages
(Day 9)Oct.05 9 2008: Biometrics appointment recieved - Oct.20
(Day 14)Oct. 10 2008: Aplications Updates Online

Yes, I'm quite happy that you, gagarin, and me have about almost the same timeline. Please keep each other up to date. I'm planning to do this very fast, I might go a walk-in FP after I get the FP notice hopefully next week :)

Hi hlesmana and gagarin,

Where are you guys? Did you guys get your FP letter? i didn't get it yet. It has been 15 days, so i am expecting it soon....

Receipt notices

Hi, i mailed a I-130, I-485 and a I-765 on 10/06/08.

I received the receipt notice for the I-130 on 10/14/08, should i expect to receive a separate notice for each of the forms i filed? And if so is it normal to receive all of them at the same time, or do they sometimes come on seperate days?

Thanks

You will recieve 3 envelopes from USCIS , most likely you will get them the same day, sometimes on different days, if on different days within a week of the first notice you will have the other 2 ..why didnt you file for a Advance parole as it was free of cost, its always better to have one in case of emergency travel.

I just did my bio today in Dallas on (my scheduled date). I asked the fingerprint lady out of curiosity if they accepted walk-ins. Her response was "NO PROBLEM", as long as they are not busy. There was hardly anyone there at 10am on a wednesday.

Hi hlesmana and gagarin,

Where are you guys? Did you guys get your FP letter? i didn't get it yet. It has been 15 days, so i am expecting it soon....

Hey, Pat_val!!!!!!!!! I didn't get my notice for bimetrics also, waiting, waiting............ hope it will be soon, anyway, don't worry, I will post updates about my case as soon as I get it.

lawyer left me a message that she got something from USCIS. Seems like a RFE. I hate this ..pay 2500 to lawyer and still gets RFE. I will get to know tomorrow what the document in about.

lawyer left me a message that she got something from USCIS. Seems like a RFE. I hate this ..pay 2500 to lawyer and still gets RFE. I will get to know tomorrow what the document in about.

wow 2500 dollars for a simple process , these people are banking! .

Ouch! 2500$? Why didn't you do it yourself? If you can read + understand English, + help from this forum, it's sthing you can do! Keep us posted.

Hi hlesmana and gagarin,

Yo pat_val!!!! Wazzzzuuuppp?! I'm still waiting for FP letter too. I'm counting on it everyday. I expect that we all should get it hopefully by the end of this week. :p

Dear trawal,

Looking at your timeline, it shows that you have received an FP notice. May I know when is your scheduled FP? Why don't you try to have FP earlier than your scheduled one? Try Wednesday or Saturday, just to make it faster hehehe... Just a thought :D

Dear all,

I would like to know, how to make your timeline appears at the bottom of your message every time I post or reply a message? Thanks ;)

Dear all,

I would like to know, how to make your timeline appears at the bottom of your message every time I post or reply a message? Thanks ;)

After typing your message, enter, draw a line and type yr timeline. Next time, just copy and paste the timeline from your other posts. That's how I do it. Not sure if there is a way to append.

Dear all,

first click on User CP on the top of the page

then on the left hand panel click on Settings & Options, Edit Signature

and write your update as signature and save it.

Yes I paid 2500 to a lawyer. I didnt know that people here know everything. I paid to get a mental peace but I was wrong.

I got a RFE that USCIS needs the joint sponsor on form I-864, Affidavit of support, must be a US citizen or lawful Permanent Resident of the US.

My wife is a US citizen and I am on H-1B. I really don't know what to do here. Where can I find a US citizen/GC holder to sign this form and provide his tax return of last 3 years etc.

I am confused now.

No big issue.....stop worrying

trawal,

Seems like your wife who is your spoonsor did not meet the requirements as mentioned by Triple_Citizen in this other post. Now, you may have to find a co-sponsor and fill out form I-864a. It could be anyone, a relative or a close friend but as USCIS indicated the co-sponsor needs to be a perm resident or a USC. I am sure you will be able to find someone to help you out. No need to panic or worry. This is a very simple issue that can be resolved very soon. Just relax, discuss this with your wife and see if you guys can make some phone calls or shoot out few e-mails and try to find someone who could assist you both in this matter.
Keep us posted.

I really don't know many GC/Citizens...I cannot mention this to my white colleagues. I hope we will find someone else my case will be rejected.