September 2008 filers, Post here

basicly there are no any grounds on openning SR, as my understanding it's like reminding that I'm here and I want my work permit, so you letting them know that your applications on their table or under)))))))) according to this forum opening a SR is helping in many cases.

Gagarin,

So are you saying that I can open a SR for my I-485 so that I can get interview letter sooner??

trawal,

where are you?

I have seen that a lot octuber filers has received their card ordered production and some even got their interview letter as well.....

I haven´t get not even a card ordered production and I applied on september as you did.

(Sept 02) sent application
(sept 05) application recieved
(Sept 24) fingerprint appointment date
(sept 23) a request for more evidence notice recieved.
(Sept 30) sent the evidence
(December 10) Info pass appointment
(January 22) Info Pass appointment
(January 21) EAD card production ordered
(January 27) EAD card Sent
(January 30) EAD card recieved
(February 4)Interview letter sent
(February 09) Interview Letter Recieved for March 31th

Bronx, Ny

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know how long it takes to inteview in Dallas?.

Family Based AOS for Spouse

Sep 15 2008: Sent I130 + I485 + I765 to Chicago Lockbox.
Sep 16 2008: I130 + I485 + I765 (Receipt Date).
Sep 18 2008: I130 + I485 + I765 (Notice Date).
Sep 22 2008: Received NOA receipts for I130 + I485 + I765
Sep 23 2008: I130 + I485 + I765 available online.
Sep 29 2008: Received NOA for biometrics appointment (10/15/2008)
Oct 10 2008: I485 + I765 touched
Oct 15 2008: Biometrics taken
Oct 15 2008: I485 + I765 touched
Dec 17 2008: I765 Card Production ordered (... on December 16th ...)
Dec 19 2008: I765 Card Production ordered ... on Again???

trawal,

where are you?

I have seen that a lot octuber filers has received their card ordered production and some even got their interview letter as well.....

I haven´t get not even a card ordered production and I applied on september as you did.

I am in Boston. Same here no updates after RFE

Anyone got apporval in last one week?

Trawal, you need to open another SR that states you case is "outside" the mandatory regulatory window. From my limited experience i know that there are different types of SRs.They did nothing to the one i opened after 75 days but when i raised another after 90 days they approved my case immediately. The law says 90 days, if you havent been approved then the officer assiigned to you is in violation.

merry xmas

bro,

I called them and opened a request for Interim EAD as I completed 90 Days. He said I should hear from them within 5 days. It has been 3 days already still nothing.

bro,

I called them and opened a request for Interim EAD as I completed 90 Days. He said I should hear from them within 5 days. It has been 3 days already still nothing.

Dear trawal,

Looking at your timeline, I don't think it has passed 90 days already ... the receipt of the application was on 9/29/08 ... 90 days would be around 12/29/08 ... Please correct me if I'm wrong ...

RFE's doesn't make a huge difference. Many people have received it within 90 days even though they had RFE

I am done!!! with the process!!!

Merry Christmas everyone
Wish you guys luck especially you trawal
Hope you will get green card soon next year

Son of a gun. Congrats bro. You received for 10 years or it is just for 2 years.

Lucky dawg!!!

Please write your interview story!!!

Congrats Emiko! I am storming the mailbox every day now as I was interviewed the same day as you, but still nothing...

Went to the SS office to get a number on 12/15. The person I saw told me to wait at least 10-12 business days to apply so that the number can be issued in 2 weeks instead of 6 weeks. Went back on Dec 22 which was 10 business days since my EAD was issued. The agent said that my info is in the system and that I will get the card in 2 weeks.

Got my card/SSN :D in the mail yesterday 12/27, took less than a week. They do not give the number at the time you apply. You have to wait for the card/SSN in the mail. It has "employment with DHS authorization only" printed on it.

In DC you MUST have a SSN and approval docs from USCIS to apply for a DL. A receipt saying that you have applied for SSN will not do. USCIS docs have to show that you are approved (EAD/GC) and not just NOAs. Found this out the hard way by making many trips to the DMV :rolleyes: hope this will save some time for anyone else who have to apply in DC.

In DC you MUST have a SSN and approval docs from USCIS to apply for a DL. A receipt saying that you have applied for SSN will not do. USCIS docs have to show that you are approved (EAD/GC) and not just NOAs. Found this out the hard way by making many trips to the DMV :rolleyes: hope this will save some time for anyone else who have to apply in DC.

What happens to students (F1s) who can't get a SSN because they are not eligible to work? Don't they drive?

What happens to students (F1s) who can't get a SSN because they are not eligible to work? Don't they drive?

Well, people who are not eligible to get a SSN have to get a letter from the SS office saying that they aren't allowed to get one. Either way you have to have something from the SS office to show the DMV.

DMV in some states like VA, allow a Driving Lic with the NOA letter for the I 485. You don't need to wait for anything. i got mine soon after I got the NOAs. However, it is valid only for 1 year and that can be changed once you have the GC.
The next day after I received my EAD, I went and applied for the SSN and my application was accepted and I received the SSN in the mail in about a weeks time. My experience.

I have to say that even in VA DMV one official is unaware of what the other can do. I checked in with one official on day one to confirm that they would give me a license with the NOA. Next day another official was unsure if that were possible. I stood my ground and insisted politely with a reference to the previous official who was around to confirm. I got my license after taking the tests that very day. So, check, insist, validate cross reference and stay firm once you have a confirmation. It worked for me in more instances than one.