September 2003 Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNF said:
Does the online case status get updated when the FP notice is sent out?

Not always. Mine wasn't (got FP notice today). I'll let the group know if/when the online status message is updated.

NNF said:
How reliable is the online case status update?

The online case status update isn't too reliable as far as I know.

Someone mentioned elsewhere that their lawyer got copies of the FP notices so maybe you could ask your lawyer to let you know when he/she gets it so you have a backup.

I'd hope that the USCIS isn't too strict about the "application is considered abandoned if you miss the FP date" given that the FP notices aren't sent out via certified mail.

ETA

ETA-GC said:
Not always. Mine wasn't (got FP notice today). I'll let the group know if/when the online status message is updated.

The online case status update isn't too reliable as far as I know.

I'd hope that the USCIS isn't too strict about the "application is considered abandoned if you miss the FP date" given that the FP notices aren't sent out via certified mail.

ETA

I am getting worried now. I was out in India the month of August, and I did pick up all my mail at the postoffice, but seeing that most of the folks from Sep 2003 have received the FP notices, and I havent, I am worried and wonder if there is anything I should do.

NNF said:
I am getting worried now. I was out in India the month of August, and I did pick up all my mail at the postoffice, but seeing that most of the folks from Sep 2003 have received the FP notices, and I havent, I am worried and wonder if there is anything I should do.

Hmm, I could be wrong but as far as I know, most people from Sep 2003 (and even July and August) have not yet received their FP notices.

Unless people aren't updating their info, the I-140 tracker http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=899379#post899379 shows that hardly anyone past the end of June has got their FP notice (I'm one of the few exceptions).

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
ETA-GC said:
Hmm, I could be wrong but as far as I know, most people from Sep 2003 (and even July and August) have not yet received their FP notices.

Unless people are updating their info, the I-140 tracker http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=899379#post899379 shows that hardly anyone past the end of June has got their FP notice (I'm one of the few exceptions).

ETA

Thanks ETA. Thats a big relief. I was going by the postings in here and it seemed like most ppl had received their FP's. Thanks for the clarification.

does applying for EAD renewal helps in FP1

arjundc said:
got my first fp notice oct 5 2004 for 485 nd sept 2003
ArjunDc , did you apply for EAd renewal.
Looks like these days renewal is fast.
nd sep11 2003

ead

i had applied only once during my 485 application. never used it and is going to expire in nov. it took abt 3 months then. now heard it is a lot faster.
A

AP Approved in 2 months

485 dates for myself and my wife
ND 8/5/03
AP dates for both
ND 7/5/03
AD 8/30/03
Wife got FP notice along with AP approval, mine still waiting

Surprisingly no LUD changes on 485 for both...

FP Notice

ND: 09/03/2003
I140 Approved.
I and my wife got FP Notices.
My Wife : 09/16/2004
Mine : 10/14/2004.
Does any body know how long it takes for I485 Approval after finger printing is done ?
Chrisp2

140/485 Concurrent file - RD - Sep 26 2003

140 Approved - April 2004
EAD Approved - May 2004
FP Appointment Dt - Oct 14th 2004 (Newark)
485 - GOD ONLY KNOWS

chrisp2 said:
Does any body know how long it takes for I485 Approval after finger printing is done ?

Anywhere from 2 - 15 months unfortunately... Keep an eye on trackers for cases around / near your ND and you might get an idea of when your case will be processed but some cases seem to be approved quicker than others with no apparent pattern so far.

ETA

Any time soon

The USCIS policy now is to send an applicant for FP only after the file is ready for adjudicating. What that means is that once your FP is done and they are able to get a clean report from the FBI/CIA and GOD(kidding) then they you might get your 485 approval in a couple of months or even less after FP. If unfortunately your name matches some criminal/terrorist etc. then it could take a couple of years while they get your name cleared.

Hopefully most people won't need to do 2nd (or 3rd etc.) FP. These were necessary a lot in the past because fingerprints only remain valid for about 15 months (?) and cases were taking longer than this to process after the FP had been done.

The USCIS is apparently now trying to ask for FP only if they are pretty sure they will be able to get to the case before the fingerprints expire (plus they are trying to process cases more quickly in general -- hopefully this trend will continue).

ETA

FP in mid Oct

140/485 ND sep 30 2003.
1st EAD,1st AP, 2nd EAD, 2nd AP and 140 approved.
1st FP scheduled for mid oct 2004.
485 Pending... :confused:

same here 140/485 ND 9/30/2003
1FP got 9/13, but the schedule was 9/3, FP ND was 9/2.
Re-schedule sent out, but will try go to the center directly tomorrow.

edit--- FPed on 9/17/04

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope we start to see more cases like this but I'm skeptical. These appear to be isolated exceptions to the general trend unfortunately.

In the 2003 tracker on the I-140 forum, probably about 95% of the cases from January through September have yet to see any action.

ETA

Hi guys,

I got RFE for my I-140 on August 23rd, after LUD updated (9th and 10 august but no change in message) earlier and USCIS received reply back on 9th sep 2004. After that my I-140 LUD updated (9th,10,13 and 14th) 4 times but no change in message.

My spouse got FP notice on august 27th and received on 8th. FP date is October 14th 10 am for both os us.

14th and 15th of septembe,r my spouse I-485 LUD updated but no change in message. and 17th september my I-485 LUD updated but no change in message.

Not sure whats going on. Does anyone has any idea?

Is my application selected for Special process?

I was just browsing on the Sep 2002 tracker and noticed that a lot of applications have taken almost exactly two years for approval.

So, I guess we just need to have patience.

And regarding the FP, like someone else mentioned, if now the BCIS is sending the FP notice only when the case is ready for adjudi... (whatever :), then I suppose people like me, who filed I485 after I140 approval shouldnt expect to see the FP notice till about Jul 2005.
Wow, that is going to be a long anxious wait, I hope I get the FP notice just to know my file is alive and well.

Status
Not open for further replies.