Sept, VSC I-824 to NVC cases

Yes I did

Hi
I talked to my HR and they are going to investigate about it. I am expecting their reply withing day or two.
Let\'s see.
Did you tried to contact IIO at VSC asking them to resend the case to NVC ?

RajC

What\'s you status ?

CANiGETgc,

What\'s your case status ?
I just heard from my HR and they say NVC is taking longer than the normal time. So we will wait till mid Nov for packet III, otherwise we will track it.
It\'s grim situation. Don\'t know what to do.

No Title

Again the beneficiary issue and soI asked my attorney. My attorney said that if I want he can send a letter but he said he doesnot want to waste time in trying to catch IIO. Already he sent a letter to VSC which is fairly decent and no reply to that till now.....

thanks,
raju

No Luck yet

I spoke to VSC regarding my case and they can only give info to lawwyer or HR. Lets see what happens

Cheers

some ray of hope in this blind tunnel

Today as usual I talked to NVC operator.
Today the operator is very very cooperative and she asked me to fax my documents to her...and once she receives she will send me mail containing further instructions...just now I faxed those documents and may be it will reach her tomorrow...of course I have no clue of the further instructions....
The conversation was definitely a memorable one as far as I am concerned ...at least finally one person heard..........at least she asked me to fax before 90 days.....

thanks,
raju

Fellow pilgrims, looks like I am in the same boat as you all.

VSC claims that my petition has been forwarded to NVC. However, NVC doesn\'t acknowledge its existence. The case is, for lack of a better euphemism, "in transit". And that makes me very, very nervous. As someone pointed out, waiting for 90 days before investigating could jeopardize our prospects. (AOS would be safer.)

Rajum, please let us know if faxing your receipt before 90 days are over helps.

Any news from others

GoGC, avi@vsc what\'s happening on your end ?
Pl. help to keep this on top.

No Title

I just now talked to NVC operator...if the case is lost in transit, it seems the process is with the letter NVC gives we have to file another I-824 for transfer of the case....

thanks,
raju

No Title

RajC,
My AC-140 was accepted by the new delhi consulate. Therefore presently I am not worrying about the NVC.

Is your jurisdiction New Delhi Consulate?

Raj, Does this mean your home town comes under New Delhi jurisdiction?

How much time that takes ?

Rajum,
Does that mean NVC is going to send you a letter saying to file I-824 again with VSC. And then how much time VSC is going to take for this ?

This looks like an infinite loop !!!

That\'s great

Thanks Avi,
That\'s great news that your ACI-140 was accepted. So you must be very close to getting your interview date. Good luck.

Did your attorney send P3 directly to New Delhi??

Raj, Congratulations,
I have one more question. Did you enquire via email before sending AC_I140 copies whether New Delhi accepts it or not, if your home town comes under different jurisdiction?

Confussed

Dev,
I am confused whether you are asking the questions to me or Rajum ?
I don\'t belong to Delhi consulate and I never applied for ACI-140. Though I was eligible, my employer dont\' allow me to do ACI-140. So I got stuck with I-824.

RajC

No Title

Avi is lucky..I think his interview is scheduled for Nov.,
I think Dev Sree confused between Rajc and Avi@vsc...

Rajc and CANiGETgc, I think you both are equally unfortunate as me...though your consulate is Mumbai you both are in position to apply AC-140. Mine, I belong to Chennai and there is no point applying for AC-140....

thanks,
raju

No Title

rajum, I think you should try sending a AC-140 application to chennai showing the hardships you are facing with VSC and NVC. Send the application with a cover letter mentioning the dates when you applied your I-824 and its approval. I heard someone saying that chennai might accept AC-140 on case to case basis. You might get lucky .... And there is no harm is trying at the most you will lose 50 bucks in sending the application.

HTH
Avi

Yes Confused.

Woh.. I got it. But, why should your employer bother about AC I-140? Is it just regarding Attorney fees?