Sep 2012 / N 400 Tracker

coho

Registered Users (C)
Hi every one,

Five years after getting my Green card, I started my Citizenship process last week.
I would like to share my info with others who are in the same timeline, as I did during my Green card process.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent my application in or September 4 and received a letter of receipt dated September 7. I also received a letter for biometrics on September 15 for an appointment for FP on September 28.

Hi every one,

Five years after getting my Green card, I started my Citizenship process last week.
I would like to share my info with others who are in the same timeline, as I did during my Green card process.

My Timeline
DO: Anchorage Alaska
Dec 06th/2007 .. Green card approved
Sep 13th/2012 .. Sent N/400 by US mail to USCIS Lock Box Phoenix AZ (Day 1)
Sep 17th/2012 .. US Postal tracking confirms receipt .. .. .. (Day 5)
Sep 19th/2012 .. Bank record confirms encashment of check. .. .. (Day 7)

I remember your handle from 2007. By the way, does your application number contain any special characters like *? My is like this: NBC* xxxx and I was wondering what the * is for.

Secondly, how do you add timeline in your profile....I thought there was a button to edit one's signature but I can't find it.

Thanks

Hi gflexie

1. Can you append your name of the District Office and the place where you filed your N-400?
2. I have not received my Priority date yet (Official communication of Receipt) So I can't comment on *NBC
3. You can either Edit your time line or provide the info typographically in the order of time line.

Hi gflexie

1. Can you append your name of the District Office and the place where you filed your N-400?
2. I have not received my Priority date yet (Official communication of Receipt) So I can't comment on *NBC
3. When I edited my previous Signature with Green card process timeline along with Citizenship dateline, an error message popped up. I guess I exceeded the allotted space. Hence I appended my timeline typographically. (I suggest every one follows the format, for easy comparison)

I've included my DO and timeline. And by the District Office, you mean where my application is being processed and which may not be the same as your local office where the interview will be held, right?

Name change

If name change is opted in N-400 form, does USCIS give a separate name change certificate or name change is just specified in the citizenship certificate ?

Thanks
======
GC Approved : Dec 11 ,2007

N400 Mailed : Sep 19 , 2012 to Dallas TX.

FP sceduled..

Received two letters from USCIS NBC Missouri on 24th May.
One NOA showing my Priority date as Sep 17th and
other stating my FP scheduled for Oct 3rd at local DO.

I remember your handle from 2007. By the way, does your application number contain any special characters like *? My is like this: NBC* xxxx and I was wondering what the * is for.

Secondly, how do you add timeline in your profile....I thought there was a button to edit one's signature but I can't find it.

Thanks

Hi,
1. My number also starts with *NBC. That means it is being processed at National Benefit Center at Missouri. It is usual that USCIS share the work load between NBC/VSC/CSC depending upon number of applications received. This I know for sure during Green card processing. I guess it is the same for naturalization process.
2. To edit your "Signature" Click -Forum actions/General setting/.. Look at left tabs .. My setting/Edit Signature.
3. To show or hide the signature select the option under Forum actions/General setting/My setting .. Look for "Thread display options" in the body.

I've included my DO and timeline. And by the District Office, you mean where my application is being processed and which may not be the same as your local office where the interview will be held, right?

Your initial processing center is Dallas.
Your District office is where your interview will be held, probably close to your registered Res address.

At the start of the road

Realized our green cards were going to expire next year and spent ages collecting data on our trips out of the US over the 9 years since getting GCs. Finally submitted our files yesterday for self and spouse.

Thanks to all you posters for sharing information on how this works and what to expect - it's incredibly helpful for people new to the process. I'll post updates to my signature as we move through the process and look forward to seeing others move forward.

FP and biometrics completed today. Now waiting for the Interview Letter.

A correction to my previous note...
Initial processing of our N400 is done by NBC, as evident by the Receipt number starting with NBC*.
Final processing and approval are granted by the local District Offices only.
This I concluded from USCIS website where I find "N-400 Processing Time"s are shown only under Local Service Centers.
Another piece of info I gathered: Processing is faster at Seattle and San Jose centers compared to others.

N-400 Timeline & Experience Sept 2012 (New Jersey)

I have sent my application (N-400) with the sms and email notificaton request.

My N-400 Timeline and Experience

GC received 11/10/2007 (10 yrs GC Expires on 10/14/2017)

Eligibility Test for N-400 ( 5yrs from GC issuance date Less 90 Days)

09/24/2012 Sent N-400 to Dallas TX Lockbox
09/26/2012 Confirmed Delivery via USPS

I'm still waiting on confirmation from Immigration on the acceptance of my application (haven't received it yet). Will keep you guys posted.

Anyone else have any experience and timeline to share regarding their N-400 from New Jersey, please share your information to help others.

Dist Office: Dallas TX

9/7/2012 .. N/400 Filled
9/12/2012 .. NOA Received
9/24/2012 .. FP Letter Received .
9/27/2012 .. FP Done
10/02/2012 .. N400 placed in line for interview scheduling.

Here is what I have concluded from a brief statistical analysis from web site for the period Jul/2012 - Sep/2012
http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/n400

77 applicants (Those filed at Phoenix center only) have Priority dates during the period Jul 01/2012 to Sep 21/2012.
Of these, 15 have received their Interview letters, the latest one having 15th Aug as PD.

Based on the data of these 15 applicants, on an average in Phoenix service center, one is likely to get IL in 43 days(Min 33-Max 60 days) reckoned from PD and scheduled interview 34 days (Min26 - Max41 days) thereafter.

Also with the available data, the latest PD holders from the following centers who have received the IL as on 28th Sep/2012 are:

Dallas: 9th Aug/2012
Vermont : 13th Aug/2012
Phoenix: 15th Aug
Texas: 17th Aug

(Please keep in mind of the 77 applicants at Phoenix center, many may not have updated their data on the website.)

Looks like each Process center follow their "Queue" based on PDs, and not on the actual FP dates. Also interview Dates vary depending on the number of cases pending at each center and workload at various District offices.
Among the applicants with same PDs, those who are to be adjudicated at Seattle followed by San Jose seem to move pretty fast comparatively...

Receipt Numbers...

Does anyone of you have receipt number other than "NBC*xxxxxxxxx. ?