Sep 2012 / N 400 Tracker

I have sent my application (N-400) with the sms and email notificaton request.

My N-400 Timeline and Experience

GC received 11/10/2007 (10 yrs GC Expires on 10/14/2017)

Eligibility Test for N-400 ( 5yrs from GC issuance date Less 90 Days)

09/24/2012 Sent N-400 to Dallas TX Lockbox
09/26/2012 Confirmed Delivery via USPS

I'm still waiting on confirmation from Immigration on the acceptance of my application (haven't received it yet). Will keep you guys posted.

Anyone else have any experience and timeline to share regarding their N-400 from New Jersey, please share your information to help others.

Hi - I sent mine from NYC to Dallas Sep 24, confirmed delivered Sep25 so location is close and just a day behind you. Also appended the SMS/email form and haven't heard a thing. But one check did post to our account Saturday; me+spouse submitted forms/check in one packet so I'm hoping the other check will post today.

I've seen posts on other threads that suggest the sms/email notification form doesn't really work, or at least not all the time, so I'm trying not to worry about it. Any other posters have experience with this?

Based on available records at "Trackitt", one can conclude that service centers issue ILs based on "Priority Dates" and work load, and not FP dates. You can do FP by "walk in" early for personal reasons (as I had done myself). However it will very unlikely jump you forward in the "Q". Give at least 5-6 weeks breathing time from PD. Then you can expect to see changes in the status.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi - I sent mine from NYC to Dallas Sep 24, confirmed delivered Sep25 so location is close and just a day behind you. Also appended the SMS/email form and haven't heard a thing. But one check did post to our account Saturday; me+spouse submitted forms/check in one packet so I'm hoping the other check will post today.

I've seen posts on other threads that suggest the sms/email notification form doesn't really work, or at least not all the time, so I'm trying not to worry about it. Any other posters have experience with this?

Thanks for your reply on this, I haven't heard anything yet either nor SMS nor Email confirmation. I have been watching my bank account as well and my check hasn't been cashed yet either. I will keep you posted, please do the same. Thank you for sharing. :)

Today Oct.2nd Updates.

Dist Office: Dallas TX

9/7/2012 .. N/400 Filled
9/12/2012 .. NOA Received
9/24/2012 .. FP Letter Received .
9/27/2012 .. FP Done
10/02/2012 .. N400 placed in line for interview scheduling.

Thanks for your reply on this, I haven't heard anything yet either nor SMS nor Email confirmation. I have been watching my bank account as well and my check hasn't been cashed yet either. I will keep you posted, please do the same. Thank you for sharing. :)

Update - we got SMS and email notification this morning (including PD and receipt numbers)...official PD was 9/28 even though UPS delivered it 9/26 and it took several days to process through and send the SMS/email alert.

There's clearly a bit of processing through the Dallas facility before it all gets dealt with so hang in there.

Meanwhile, still only one of the two checks has posted. I'm looking on the bright side and expect the other one will turn up in due course.:)

Got a text and an LUD today stating that my case has been moved in line waiting to be scheduled for interview.

Update on N-400 Processing Timeline 10-02-12

Update - we got SMS and email notification this morning (including PD and receipt numbers)...official PD was 9/28 even though UPS delivered it 9/26 and it took several days to process through and send the SMS/email alert.

There's clearly a bit of processing through the Dallas facility before it all gets dealt with so hang in there.

Meanwhile, still only one of the two checks has posted. I'm looking on the bright side and expect the other one will turn up in due course.:)

Update on my N-400 Processing Timeline

10/02/12 SMS & Email confirmation received from USCIS (Application Accepted & Receipt Number indicated)
10/02/12 Check Cashed

N-400 Timeline Update (Atlantic City, New Jersey)

10/02/12 SMS & Email confirmation received from USCIS (Application Accepted & Receipt Number indicated)
10/02/12 Check Cashed

10/02/2012 SMS & Email confirmation received from USCIS (Application Accepted & Receipt Number indicated)
10/02/2012 Check Cashed
10/06/2012 Receipt Notice received in Mail (Form I-797C)
10/06/2012 Biometric Notification received in Mail (FP scheduled for Oct 18 in Philadelphia)

Will keep you guys posted :)

Just to keep you informed ...

Based on the updated available data from "Trackitt"

As on week ending 28th Sep/12 the PD holders of following centers received ILs
Dallas: 9th Aug/2012
Vermont : 13th Aug/2012
Phoenix: 15th Aug/12
Texas: 17th Aug/12

As on week ending 6th Oct/12 there seems to be some movement
Dallas: 15th Aug/2012
Vermont : Current .. (Probably no more applicants are being processed?)
Phoenix: 23rd Aug/12
Texas: 27th Aug/12

(Just to keep the forum members in good spirits & humour, I have appended the above info. It does not correlate any individual case....)

How long it will stay inline for interview

On an average in Phoenix service center, one is likely to get "In line for Interview scheduling" in 43 days(Min 33-Max 60 days) reckoned from FP and scheduled interview 34 days (Min26 - Max41 days) thereafter. --- A wild guess!!!

Got the FP letters last night, same day/time for both of us. Submitted both our applications in one packet and we have sequential NBC* numbers and the same priority date.

I'm hoping this means our interviews/oath ceremonies etc will on the same dates. Anyone know if they try to schedule family members together when they apply at the same time?

Got the FP letters last night, same day/time for both of us. Submitted both our applications in one packet and we have sequential NBC* numbers and the same priority date.

I'm hoping this means our interviews/oath ceremonies etc will on the same dates. Anyone know if they try to schedule family members together when they apply at the same time?

WoW!! your's FP is 2 weeks later compare to my FP date after considering we both submitted the application around same day in Sept. I wonder why is that, any idea?

10/02/2012 SMS & Email confirmation received from USCIS (Application Accepted & Receipt Number indicated)
10/02/2012 Check Cashed
10/06/2012 Biometric Notification received in Mail (FP scheduled for Oct 18 in Philadelphia)

There was hardly any case advancement for the week ending 13th Oct 12, even for Jul and Aug filers.
I guess USCIS is busy with those 82,000 and odd amnesty applicants.
Let us hope there is some positive movements in the coming weeks for our Jul/Aug filers..

WoW!! your's FP is 2 weeks later compare to my FP date after considering we both submitted the application around same day in Sept. I wonder why is that, any idea?

10/02/2012 Check Cashed

Guessing it's to do with different District Offices: you're Philadelphia and I'm NYC where the lines may be longer...but it could just be bad luck. I thought about doing a walk in but I'll need to take time off work and the date they offered actually works best for me.