Sep 2009 filers Post here

You can only use the I-131 if you have a valid visa... if you are out of satus you should wait for the GC before travel, or you could get ban from coming back to USA.
!

r u trying to say that if my j1 expired in sept and altough i filed i 485 and got my AP i cant travel outside , otherwise there is a chance for me not to come back to USA?

r u trying to say that if my j1 expired in sept and altough i filed i 485 and got my AP i cant travel outside , otherwise there is a chance for me not to come back to USA?

you can only have problems if you accumulated illigal time here.... I don't think you have... but you should ask someone with experience, just in case.

I am worried that I have not received my EAD & AP documents. :(

Based on my signature do you think I should contact USCIS or are my dates in line??

i filed on August 5 and i still havent got my EAD. I am expecting it in a few days and yesterday i rcvd my AP. ur RFE delays the process. u should here from Uscis soon. CSR will just tell u to wait. U have to receive ur EAD/AP withi 90 days of filing , its been less than 60 since u filed. Uscis will tell u to wait another 30 some days and the call.....
or u can take infopass if u are worried but i dont think there is a problem with ur application. just be patient

I am worried that I have not received my EAD & AP documents. :(

Based on my signature do you think I should contact USCIS or are my dates in line??

I wouldn't be worry.. you are still in USCIS schedule.. you should get it pretty soon.... but if you don't hear anything from USCIS, or have any updates after 75 days from filing you should call or make an INFOPASS apointment ( that's what it says on www.uscis.gov ).

i filed on August 5 and i still havent got my EAD. I am expecting it in a few days and yesterday i rcvd my AP. ur RFE delays the process. u should here from Uscis soon. CSR will just tell u to wait. U have to receive ur EAD/AP withi 90 days of filing , its been less than 60 since u filed. Uscis will tell u to wait another 30 some days and the call.....
or u can take infopass if u are worried but i dont think there is a problem with ur application. just be patient

Yours should be on its way.... Good Luck!

Thanks Theadder and BribeAl for putting my mind at ease. This waiting gives me an uneasy feeling.
Theaddrer - I noticed you also had a RFE request just like me and you finally have your EAD coming. Well done!

Does anyone know what happens if I do not get my AP approved before my I-94 expires? Do I have to leave the country or can I overstay or would it be better to file a Form I-539 to extend my I-94 which costs about $300.00?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Theadder and BribeAl for putting my mind at ease. This waiting gives me an uneasy feeling.
Theaddrer - I noticed you also had a RFE request just like me and you finally have your EAD coming. Well done!

Does anyone know what happens if I do not get my AP approved before my I-94 expires? Do I have to leave the country or can I overstay or would it be better to file a Form I-539 to extend my I-94 which costs about $300.00?

you don't have to worry about that.. you don't need to leave the country or spend money on the extension!

Hi Guys,

Can anyone of you please tell me which is address for filing I-130 concurrently with other applications (I-485, 131, 765 & 864)? I have multiple Chicago lockbox address. Not sure which one to use for regular USPS or express USPS.

Thanks
Sandy

Can anyone of you please tell me which is address for filing I-130 concurrently with other applications (I-485, 131, 765 & 864)?

Please don't re-post the same question in multiple threads. Here is the address:

For regular delivery, USPS
USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For courier/USPS express delivery:
USCIS
Attn: AOS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5520

Friends,
I have an usual case and would like to bring to your attention, I filed for my wife for an AOS on Sep 17th through a lawyer. USCIS sent me back the receipts on OCt 5th as the receipt date of Sep 23. After that, I have not received anything from USCIS. When enquired with my lawyer, I was told to wait for 90 days before scheduling an appointment with USCIS. Is it true?

When I tried to schedule an Infopass, was told that I could do that only after 90days, how can I enquire whether my wife's bio-metrics were lost or not?

Will appreciate your response.

Smirk- u dont need ur i 94 renewed. mine was expired, its not a problem, even if ur i 94 is valid,u cat leave the USA without AP, and if u have AP u dont need I-94. :)
My case was delayed also because my docs went to the wrong address 3 times ,i missed the biometrics as uscis never coul write down my address correct. However, i noticed that some poeple get their LUD "document production " for the EAD like few weeks after biometrics, so u should be fine . there is one thing i leared bout the uscis-u cant make them work faster , we all have just to wait, i hate it too.
hope everyth works soon for u :)

Skbiti- i never hired a lawyer .... i think its pointless... thats bullsh**t , we took infopass after 60 days and then after another 12. u can take infopass whe u feel like taking it , so i think u should go ahead. My FP notice was undeliverable and i missed it ,it delayed my application,to be o the safe side u can go and check or first try to call uscis but their answer will be "u gotta wait "