Sep 2009 filers Post here

After that, I have not received anything from USCIS. When enquired with my lawyer, I was told to wait for 90 days before scheduling an appointment with USCIS.

Call USCIS customer service asap and schedule an Infopass to check your status. It is possible that nothing might come out of it (you might get the standard answer:"its being processed"), but it is better to do this and document your follow-ups.

Smirk- u dont need ur i 94 renewed. mine was expired, its not a problem, even if ur i 94 is valid,u cat leave the USA without AP, and if u have AP u dont need I-94. :)
My case was delayed also because my docs went to the wrong address 3 times ,i missed the biometrics as uscis never coul write down my address correct. However, i noticed that some poeple get their LUD "document production " for the EAD like few weeks after biometrics, so u should be fine . there is one thing i leared bout the uscis-u cant make them work faster , we all have just to wait, i hate it too.
hope everyth works soon for u :)

That is funny because the very same thing happened to me. They got my address wrong so many times until I wrote them about 4 letters for each notice and I called them to let them know of the correct address. Somehow I received 2 of the notices but not the others. Luckily I intervened before my 30 day grace period from filing expired and was put through to an IO and they finally got my Biometrics letter & my RFE letter to me to the right address and I didn't miss the appointment.

Then about 1.5 weeks ago I found out they allocated me 2 Application numbers and I wrote them a letter and called them to have it fixed. :( I had to take action, a lot of stress, a lot of USCIS calls & letters to be within a reasonable timeframe with my casefile and not miss my appointment! Some people have a really smooth ride some do not and I think it has a lot to do with how detailed the case workers are and how they type that information in the USCIS system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends,
I have an usual case and would like to bring to your attention, I filed for my wife for an AOS on Sep 17th through a lawyer. USCIS sent me back the receipts on OCt 5th as the receipt date of Sep 23. After that, I have not received anything from USCIS. When enquired with my lawyer, I was told to wait for 90 days before scheduling an appointment with USCIS. Is it true?

When I tried to schedule an Infopass, was told that I could do that only after 90days, how can I enquire whether my wife's bio-metrics were lost or not?

Will appreciate your response.

Unfortunally some lawyers don't help much and delay cases... I wouldn't trust him... you should go ahead and get an INFOPASS appointment....
Good luck!

Thanks theadder,
One question though, which option did you choose when you made an appointment as when I go I only see that either I-765 have been filed and it has been 90 days or you reported to USCIS and it has been 45 days. I don't have neither of these conditions, can I still use one of the options to schedule an appointment?

Thanks,
Sanjay

SKBITI-choose the 45 days .i chose it ,altough it had not been 45 days for me either,..its not very important what u choose. Just get ur passport ,receipts numbers,all of the docs u rcvd from Uscis and go there, when u sit down infrot of the IO they will ask u the reaso u r coming for and u explain to them , the reason u put online when making the appointment is not so importat.And i took 2 infopass appoinments on the second month of filing and then there was just 12 days between 2 of them ,not 30 as many ppl say. Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by theadder
Smirk- u dont need ur i 94 renewed. mine was expired, its not a problem, even if ur i 94 is valid,u cat leave the USA without AP, and if u have AP u dont need I-94.
My case was delayed also because my docs went to the wrong address 3 times ,i missed the biometrics as uscis never coul write down my address correct. However, i noticed that some poeple get their LUD "document production " for the EAD like few weeks after biometrics, so u should be fine . there is one thing i leared bout the uscis-u cant make them work faster , we all have just to wait, i hate it too.
hope everyth works soon for u

That is funny because the very same thing happened to me. They got my address wrong so many times until I wrote them about 4 letters for each notice and I called them to let them know of the correct address. Somehow I received 2 of the notices but not the others. Luckily I intervened before my 30 day grace period from filing expired and was put through to an IO and they finally got my Biometrics letter & my RFE letter to me to the right address and I didn't miss the appointment.

Then about 1.5 weeks ago I found out they allocated me 2 Application numbers and I wrote them a letter and called them to have it fixed. I had to take action, a lot of stress, a lot of USCIS calls & letters to be within a reasonable timeframe with my casefile and not miss my appointment! Some people have a really smooth ride some do not and I think it has a lot to do with how detailed the case workers are and how they type that information in the USCIS system.
17 Sept 09 Cheques cashed
21 Sept 09 Recvd letters I797C - NOA I765 & Biometrics notice, NOR I130/I131
9 Oct 09 Recvd RFE I693 & birth certificate. Biometrics scheduled. I didn't send these with forms I485/I131 b/c I didn't have them ready on time
16 Oct 09 Replied to RFE
17 Oct 09 Biometrics done
22 Oct 09 USCIS received RFE response

Did you guys got an update on the website saying that they received the RFE response and case resumed, Ihave got nothing yet...

Quote:
Did you guys got an update on the website saying that they received the RFE response and case resumed, Ihave got nothing yet...

Yes, I did get an email and the USCIS website said case resumed the day they received my RFE response which was 22 Oct. Since then I have not received anything. I think it would be reasonable to get my response from them by end of Nov. It would be more reasonable if it was right now!

What is the reason for your 2nd biometrics?? Is that normal? Should I be expecting a 2nd biometrics appointment?

The reason for second biometrics was that the finger prints taken earlier was not clear and fbi could not read it thus they needed another one... I dont think you should get another one.

Thanks

I got my letter for the interview scheduled on December 8th, 2009 today. We're very excited and nervous as well. Any advices for us to prepare for this such as: what questions do they usually ask...

I got my letter for the interview scheduled on December 8th, 2009 today. We're very excited and nervous as well. Any advices for us to prepare for this such as: what questions do they usually ask...

congratulations
did you also get 2 EAD notices before receiving the card?
are you still waiting for the AP card?

congratulations
did you also get 2 EAD notices before receiving the card?
are you still waiting for the AP card?
Thank you:)
We did not receive any notice before receiving the EAD card. It's kinda weird that I see people here getting email notice from USCIS, but we never did receive anything through email.
I just check my status online and see that it has not been updated yet. It's still in the RFE status even though we received the interview letter this evening.
I see that your timeline is pretty much like mine. Hopefully, you'll get your interview letter soon.
Also, we didn't file I-131 so, no AP card. Both of us are poor college students, so we can't afford to travel :(

We did not receive any notice before receiving the EAD card. It's kinda weird that I see people here getting email notice from USCIS, but we never did receive anything through email.
I just check my status online and see that it has not been updated yet. It's still in the RFE status even though we received the interview letter this evening.
I see that your timeline is pretty much like mine. Hopefully, you'll get your interview letter soon.
Also, we didn't file I-131 so, no AP card. Both of us are poor college students, so we can't afford to travel :(

All of my e-mail notifications came from USCIS!!! Lots of people dont get e-mail notifications.. I dont know why. Make sure that in your account with USCIS you have the e-mail notifications turned on, I must show a Y next to the case number. I didn't file AP either...

What a relief it must be!!
Did you get any updates on the website that your case was moving along or you just all of a sudden found yourself with the EAD card in the post?

Is it possible to work part time and study here in US?

Hi,

I have interview on 12/08, if anyone can tell me what kind of questions they ask?
I am in school, and living in another city from my wife. Will it be ok to tell them this truth?