Sep 2009 filers Post here

I worked very hard for my mine and wifes AOS package and disappointed greatly with USCIS. They like cashing in close to 1400 dollars but dont like updating me in their system and sending an NOA. I am convinced their are problems becuase everyone heres turn around time is incredible

10/23/2009 AOS Package sent
10/27/2009 AOS Package recived
11/03/2009 Money orders Cleared
nothing!
called 800 number 5 times already have gotten varying opinions mostly saying that its possible they cashed but didnt put in system, one operator put in research request and will be notifed within 30, also have info pass apointment on 30 of novem
is ridic this but i guess it is lost and will resend without money once i get the ok to send back

I worked very hard for my mine and wifes AOS package and disappointed greatly with USCIS. They like cashing in close to 1400 dollars but dont like updating me in their system and sending an NOA. I am convinced their are problems becuase everyone heres turn around time is incredible

10/23/2009 AOS Package sent
10/27/2009 AOS Package recived
11/03/2009 Money orders Cleared
nothing!
called 800 number 5 times already have gotten varying opinions mostly saying that its possible they cashed but didnt put in system, one operator put in research request and will be notifed within 30, also have info pass apointment on 30 of novem
is ridic this but i guess it is lost and will resend without money once i get the ok to send back
I believe is time for you to make an INFOPASS APPOINTMENT, is your best bet, you should have NOAs by now at least. I heared from someone in another forum who didn't hear from them for over 30 days, he made an Infopass app. and when he when in they told him to go ahead and go for biometrics... so that help him out, he recived his EAD very quickly after that.

Good luck!

Hi guys - I just have a question for those of you who have received your SSN.

I want to establish my credit history in the US as soon as I can as DH and I want to buy a house next year - mostly I can't get any credit on my own because of no SSN, but I was able to get a Capital One card using my ITIN.

I had been wondering how it will work when I get my SSN - if Capital One will be able to change the number for me or if it is going to create problems.

THEN someone told me that the same thing happened to his wife who recently immigrated from China - and that her new SSN was just her old ITIN.

Is this true? If so it would certainly reduce hassles, but it doesn't sound right to me as banking and credit applications can tell right away the difference between a SSN and an ITIN. Plus I thought all ITINs begin with the number 9, and SSNs don't?

So, is your new SSN the same as your ITIN?

Hi guys - I just have a question for those of you who have received your SSN.

I want to establish my credit history in the US as soon as I can as DH and I want to buy a house next year - mostly I can't get any credit on my own because of no SSN, but I was able to get a Capital One card using my ITIN.

I had been wondering how it will work when I get my SSN - if Capital One will be able to change the number for me or if it is going to create problems.

THEN someone told me that the same thing happened to his wife who recently immigrated from China - and that her new SSN was just her old ITIN.

Is this true? If so it would certainly reduce hassles, but it doesn't sound right to me as banking and credit applications can tell right away the difference between a SSN and an ITIN. Plus I thought all ITINs begin with the number 9, and SSNs don't?

So, is your new SSN the same as your ITIN?

Hi there!
I recently got my SSN, but is not the same number as my ITIN...
I don't think you will have a problem.. but you are going to have to update your information with capital one.
Good Luck!

Hi there!
I recently got my SSN, but is not the same number as my ITIN...
I don't think you will have a problem.. but you are going to have to update your information with capital one.
Good Luck!

Thanks for that - I thought not! I had read that ITINs are retired as soon as the SSN is given, so it wouldn't make sense, and it would be too easy to use an ITIN fraudulently then.

I'm hoping because Capital One permit use of ITIN instead of SSN, that they are familiar enough with the process of transferring accounts. Surely it must happen quite a bit as ITINs tend to be temporary numbers.

Where's our IL?

Not sure what's taking so long for our IL - figure I'll wait a couple more weeks and then make an InfoPass Appointment. The online case tracker still shows the date of the biometrics appointment (10/15) as the "last updated date" for the I-485.

Congratulations McGill

McGill
Pfew! IL Received. Interview on 12/23.

I was just going to reply, I am also waiting for my IL letter………….. But I see that you got it today!!! Nice congratulations, it’s like your Christmas present!!!:D

9/25/09 - Send the application Chicago LB
10/30/09 - Biometrics Taken
11/09/09 - EAD Card Received
11/19/09 - SSC Received
Waiting for IL......

Omg!!!!!!

OMG, OMG!!!!:mad::mad::mad: I'm living in a same house, the same address... I have just received the notice by phone from the Immigration is:

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxx716

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice Returned as Undeliverable.

On November 27, 2009, the post office returned the notice we last sent you on this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS as undeliverable. This may have serious effects on processing this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update your mailing address for this notice to be re-sent.

Damn it!!!!!!!. What's wrong with this???:mad::mad::confused::confused:

I had to call them to request the resending my notice back...:(:(:(

----------------------------------------------------------
03/26/07: Met my love in Vietnam
08/26/07: Came to U.S. on F-1 Visa. (Mississippi school)
08/12/09: Married to a USC. ( after 2 years living together)
09/16/09: Package sent to Chicago (485/130/765/131).
09/23/09: Received notice receipts.(Day 7)
10/25/09: Called USCIS to ask why I have not received anything.(Day 33)
10/28/09: Travel documents approved notice.(Day 36)
10/29/09: Receive Fingerprint notice scheduled (11/12/09).(Day 37)
11/12/09: Done biometrics. (Told EAD approved, wait about 10 days to receive).(Day 51)
11/27/09: Received messege from IO stated the Noticec I-485 and I-765 were returned back.(Day 66)
11/27/09: Called IO to request resending the Notice…(Day 66)
Waiting...?????

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm living in a same house, the same address...

Make sure you follow up if you dont receive the letter in a few days (1 week at the most). There are many instances of things getting lost without a change of address, so nothing wrong in follow up on this.

Finally I got it...

I have just received IL on 01/06/2010..:D:D:D:D:D
Told sent 2 letters ( Notice of I765 and I485). Now I have IL now, where is the other one?? But I don't care... I GOT MY IL. KKKKKK

11/12/09: Done biometrics. (Told EAD approved, wait about 10 days to receive).(Day 51)
11/27/09: Received message from IO stated the Notice I-485 and I-765 were returned back.(Day 66)
11/27/09: Called IO to request resending the 2 Notice…(Day 66)
11/30/09: Received IL (01/06/10). (Day 69)...:D:D

Congratulations maihuynh82 I hope to get my IL soon!!

DO - Los Angeles, CA
9/25/09 - Send I-485 Chicago
10/30/09 - Biometric Appointment
11/09/09 - EAD Card Received
11/19/09 - SSC Received
Waiting for IL :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot Alf123 and BribeAL.

I think we should keep up our cases by phone call.. to get things done soon... :cool:

Now, 1 more problem:eek:
My husband's citizen certificate has lost for 6 months ago. On August 11 09. We sent N-565. Now still in processing..
My husband does not have BC either..

In IL requires his BC and CC..??????. What if he does not have none of them??
(We sent Application for GC just by his U.S passport)

11/27/09: Received message from IO stated the Notice I-485 and I-765 were returned back.(Day 66)
11/27/09: Called IO to request resending the 2 Notice…(Day 66)
11/30/09: Received IL (01/06/10). (Day 69)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot Alf123 and BribeAL.

I think we should keep up our cases by phone call.. to get things done soon... :cool:

Now, 1 more problem:eek:
My husband's citizen certificate has lost for 6 months ago. On August 11 09. We sent N-565. Now still in processing..
My husband does not have BC either..

In IL requires his BC and CC..??????. What if he does not have none of them??
(We sent Application for GC just by his U.S passport)

My understanding is that you only need one of those documents to prove citizenship ( Birth certificate, or naturalization certificate, or US passport) .
So I'm sure you will be fine with his passport!