Sep 2009 filers Post here

My understanding is that you only need one of those documents to prove citizenship ( Birth certificate, or naturalization certificate, or US passport) .
So I'm sure you will be fine with his passport!

Thanks BribeAl. I wish everything will be fine..;)

Look like you gonna have an Interview 2morrow. Wish best to you

----------------------------------------------------------
03/26/07: Met my love in Vietnam
08/26/07: Came to U.S. on F-1 Visa. (Mississippi school)
08/12/09: Married to a USC. ( after 2 years living together)
09/16/09: Package sent to Chicago (485/130/765/131).
09/23/09: Received notice receipts.(Day 7)
10/25/09: Called USCIS to ask why I have not received anything.(Day 33)
10/28/09: Travel documents approved notice.(Day 36)
10/29/09: Receive Fingerprint notice scheduled (11/12/09).(Day 37)
11/12/09: Done biometrics. (Told EAD approved, wait about 10 days to receive).(Day 51)
11/27/09: Received message from IO stated the Notice I-485 and I-765 were returned back.(Day 66)
11/27/09: Called IO to request resending the 2 Notice…(Day 66)
11/30/09: Received IL (01/06/10). (Day 69)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I had my AOS interview!
We got to the Office at 8:45 am, and the interview was for 9am, they called us right on time, we went in sworn to tell the truth, and sat down.
The IO ask my husband: name, address, phone number, social security number, If he had previous marriages, when did it ended, if we had children.
Then she ask me: name, date of birth, date of birth of my husband, my phone number, when did I first came to USA, If I ever travel outside of US, if we had children, (we have only one). When did we meet, where, what happened after that (so I told her when we move in togheter jun 2005, we had our son in January 2006, we got married on december 2006) Then she ask me the NO questiones (no, no, no....). then she told me that we have been married dor a long time, so we should have more things in common, she ask for more evidence, I gave her the property deed, bank accounts utility bills. She looked at the bank account and ask me where is the mortgage payment, and I showed to her. She saw we brought 4 big pictures albums, so she ask us to choose one to show her, so my husband did. We show her in the album, that his parents took our child to visit my parents in Uruguay, and she was very surprised about that. Then she said that we should wait for a response on the mail, but 2 minutes later she changed her mind and said that she was going to stamp my passport, so she left the room, and came back with the I-551 stamp, and we thank her a lot for that! And that was pretty much it, It lasted about 45 minutes, and I feel so blessed this nightmare is over!

Best of wishes to all of you! Good Luck!

We got to the Office at 8:45 am, and the interview was for 9am, they called us right on time, we went in sworn to tell the truth, and sat down.
The IO ask my husband: name, address, phone number, social security number, If he had previous marriages, when did it ended, if we had children.
Then she ask me: name, date of birth, date of birth of my husband, my phone number, when did I first came to USA, If I ever travel outside of US, if we had children, (we have only one). When did we meet, where, what happened after that (so I told her when we move in togheter jun 2005, we had our son in January 2006, we got married on december 2006) Then she ask me the NO questiones (no, no, no....). then she told me that we have been married dor a long time, so we should have more things in common, she ask for more evidence, I gave her the property deed, bank accounts utility bills. She looked at the bank account and ask me where is the mortgage payment, and I showed to her. She saw we brought 4 big pictures albums, so she ask us to choose one to show her, so my husband did. We show her in the album, that his parents took our child to visit my parents in Uruguay, and she was very surprised about that. Then she said that we should wait for a response on the mail, but 2 minutes later she changed her mind and said that she was going to stamp my passport, so she left the room, and came back with the I-551 stamp, and we thank her a lot for that! And that was pretty much it, It lasted about 45 minutes, and I feel so blessed this nightmare is over!

Congratulations, BrideAl:D:D:D The nightmare is over!!!
Ps. As you have been married for more than 2yrs you get a normal GC without conditions, right?

Congratulations BrideAl !!!!!! :D

Now just wait for your card you should be getting it soon.;)

You are the first one to get interview whit the September fillers, hopefully all the interviews will go smooth like yours

DO - Los Angeles, CA
9/25/09 - Send I-485 Chicago
10/30/09 - Biometric Appointment
11/09/09 - EAD Card Received
11/19/09 - SSC Received
Waiting for IL

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the congrats!!! Can't believe Im done with this!
Hopefully everyone here will be done soon Too!

I had my interview on 11/30 and I got approved on the spot. We did have to wait about 2 hours before our turn was called. They gave me a approval print out and took my EAD card saying I wont need this anymore since I will receive the GC soon.

I checked today and I got the email saying 'card production ordered'.

Good luck to everyone who is currently in the process. Dont be nervous, everything will work out!

Thanks for the congrats!!! Can't believe Im done with this!
Hopefully everyone here will be done soon Too!

Congratulations BribeAl. I wonder how long it will take you to get your GC in the post.

I have my interview in a few days. I cannot wait to get it over and done with!!

What was the interview experience like & how long was it?

Congratulations BribeAl. I wonder how long it will take you to get your GC in the post.

I have my interview in a few days. I cannot wait to get it over and done with!!

What was the interview experience like & how long was it?

Thanks! I recive an e-mail from USCIS a couple of hours after the interview saying CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED for I485; for what I have read around here it takes about 10 days to get the actual card on the mail! The interview felt to me as if the IO was only checing that all the information is correct in her file, was pretty easy. Good luck on yours!

I had my interview on 11/30 and I got approved on the spot. We did have to wait about 2 hours before our turn was called. They gave me a approval print out and took my EAD card saying I wont need this anymore since I will receive the GC soon.

Good luck to everyone who is currently in the process. Dont be nervous, everything will work out!

Congrats!!!!!

Can you please tell your interview experience, please.

Does anyone know if a biometrics is required for EAD? I haven't received my biometrics appointment and EAD. The online status for my EAD shows it's still pending but the officers in my separate INFOPASS told me it's approved in early October. Can they approved my EAD w/o taking my FP (or they use my FP got in visa interview before I came to USA or the FP got at the port when I arrived in USA)?

Is Interim EAD still an option today (or there's no such thing anymore)? Thanks!

Congrats BribeAl!!!!:D:D

11/12/09: Done biometrics. (Told EAD approved, wait about 10 days to receive).(Day 51)
11/27/09: Received message from IO stated the Notice I-485 and I-765 were returned back.(Day 66)

Does anyone know if a biometrics is required for EAD? I haven't received my biometrics appointment and EAD. The online status for my EAD shows it's still pending but the officers in my separate INFOPASS told me it's approved in early October. Can they approved my EAD w/o taking my FP (or they use my FP got in visa interview before I came to USA or the FP got at the port when I arrived in USA)?

Is Interim EAD still an option today (or there's no such thing anymore)? Thanks!

Me too, I was told EAD approved before FP. Until now have not received anything....??????

Yes, EAD can be approved without fingerprint, but you can not get the actual card until you go for fingerprint, they will take just one finger print, because It will be on your card.

Now, you can not get AOS approved without having your biometrics done, and the required FBI background check. I will advise you to make an INFOPASS app, they will inmidiatelly give you a paper to go for fingerprint. Otherwise your case could get delayed specially now with theupcoming holidays.. Good Luck!