Sep 2009 filers Post here

APPROVED TODAY ! ! !!

just wanted to know if anyone who went for the interview got a reciept and was the Interview letter take by the officer.
I was told that the GC will be mailed and you are approved but didnt get any thing in writing and the I-94 was taken away.

ATLAST approved.... Thanks everyone ....everyone thanks once again.

Cheers

APPROVED TODAY ! ! !!

just wanted to know if anyone who went for the interview got a reciept and was the Interview letter take by the officer.
I was told that the GC will be mailed and you are approved but didnt get any thing in writing and the I-94 was taken away.

ATLAST approved.... Thanks everyone ....everyone thanks once again.

Cheers

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

POSTING THE TIMELINE IF IT IS A HELP FOR ANYONE HERE

09/09/09 - Application posted for I-485, I-765, I-130, I-131.
09/11/09 - Application received at the Chicago
09/16/09 - Check cashed by USCIS
09/21/09 - Received Receipt for I-485 and I-130
09/22/09 - Received Receipt for I-765 and I-I31
09/22/09 - Received Appointment Notice for BIOMETRICS on 10/14/09 (So far the speed is simply Super fast)
10/14/09 - Submitted Biometrics at Elizabeth NJ
10/21/09 - Received Notification for Approval of EAD (I-765)
10/21/09 - Received Notification for Approval of Advance Parole (I-131)
10/26/09 - Received Advance Parole 2 Copies
10/30/09 - Received EAD Card
Waiting for the interview call date
11/02/09 - Appliied for Social Security Card (told will recieve the card in 2 weeks by post )
11/12/09 - Recieved letter for Initial Interview on 15th Dec 09 ! ! ! Hurray
12/15/09 - Interview at 1:00 PM > > > > : : : : APPROVED : : : : < < < <
Waiting for Green Card to arrive in Mail.
Total Days from the Day of Application : : : : : 97 DAYS (3 Months and 6 Days) : : : : : :

Thank you everyone for the help and support ! ! !

hitvyas, can you please post your interview experience. Mine is also in newark and will be really helpful.

Thanks for your help.

My wife and I went for the interview today at the Pittsburgh DO at 9 am. We were called in at about 945 (there were about 2-3 others in the waiting room). The interviewer was a really pleasant lady who ushered us into her office. First, she went through I-130 application details (for about 2 minutes), then went through the I-485 details (name, address, etc.) for 2-3 minutes. She asked if we had any photos which we showed her. Then she said we would be approved. We were out of her office by about 950. We were almost like "that's it"? Anyway, she didn't take the I-94 or EAD or AP documents (which I thought was weird). On my way out, I asked, and she said you can keep it! Well, I will wait to see what happens now. For now, I guess my GC is approved and I will wait for it in the mail. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I went for the interview today at the Pittsburgh DO at 9 am. We were called in at about 945 (there were about 2-3 others in the waiting room). The interviewer was a really pleasant lady who ushered us into her office. First, she went through I-130 application details (for about 2 minutes), then went through the I-485 details (name, address, etc.) for 2-3 minutes. She asked if we had any photos which we showed her. Then she said we would be approved. We were out of her office by about 950. We were almost like "that's it"? Anyway, she didn't take the I-94 or EAD or AP documents (which I thought was weird). On my way out, I asked, and she said you can keep it! Well, I will wait to see what happens now. For now, I guess my GC is approved and I will wait for it in the mail. :)

Congratulations!!!!

congrats!!!!

Thanks whtmyid, bribeal & chicagovc.
Though I haven't received my card yet, I have to say my application process went fairly quickly (thankfully!). It has been less than 90 days since I sent my application. I learned a lot on this forum about immigration processes in general. I will still hang out to answer anyone's queries to the best of my abilities. ~Tom

2 weeks since interview which went really well. No online updates or anything. Not sure what to do?

no, did not say abt approval but said everything is fine and u will get letter in mail. other person wo had it at the same center, got same answer but already received welcome letter in 4-5 days. called uscis, they are telling to wait for 30 days. thanks,

Congratulations, Tom!!!

Interview today - no problem! IO proofed all info on the I-130 & I-485, asked the "no" questions, asked about how we met, first date, etc., then asked for anything else we wanted to submit - we gave him a copy of our wedding invitation, photos, more bank statements...he finally stopped me and said that he had enough material. At that point I produced a hotel reservation in Montreal for New Year's Eve, and requested an I-551 stamp - no problem there either.

Smooth experience - see you all in 2 years minus 90 days for the I-751!

Interview today - no problem! IO proofed all info on the I-130 & I-485, asked the "no" questions, asked about how we met, first date, etc., then asked for anything else we wanted to submit - we gave him a copy of our wedding invitation, photos, more bank statements...he finally stopped me and said that he had enough material. At that point I produced a hotel reservation in Montreal for New Year's Eve, and requested an I-551 stamp - no problem there either.

Smooth experience - see you all in 2 years minus 90 days for the I-751!

Congrats!!! Have a nice trip! Im also reciving the new year in my home country!!!