Senate Bill: Bad news for all of us!!

wantmygcnow

Volunteer Moderator
Family ammendments failed. The republicans invoked a senate point of order, meaning 60 votes were needed to pass them..It got to 54.

SO LPR spouses wait outside whereas Illegals get everything.

Inhofe's ammendment will also strike out 4 year citizenship from the bill. Its due to be voted at 10pm.

Republicans are screwing legals & helping illegals so far. I hope this bill fails if it doesnt help us.

Family ammendments failed. The republicans invoked a senate point of order, meaning 60 votes were needed to pass them..It got to 54.

SO LPR spouses wait outside whereas Illegals get everything.

Inhofe's ammendment will also strike out 4 year citizenship from the bill. Its due to be voted at 10pm.

Republicans are screwing legals & helping illegals so far. I hope this bill fails if it doesnt help us.

Can you educate me here, why u say spouses wait, i thought once the I-730 get approved then the wife can get the visa and be in the USA

It would have been better to be illegal rather than following the law. I hope the bill fails, then at least we won't have 12 million waiting in front of us when we finally do get to invite our families. Oh by the way, I considered myself an independent till now. From now on, I'll vote for a donkey before I vote for a republican (when I can vote).

Last edited by a moderator:
:( Well that is not true inhofe amdt does not strike that particular provision the problem is so called 4 year rule is not i repeat is not part of the substitute sa 1150 forget about 1348 that is not a final bill, bill is sa1150 ,there is however sa 1161(contains 4 y rule) filed on 5/22 will that amdt. be voted on remains to be seen i doubt it.

Family Amendments

No, they didn't. The Menendez's amendment was concerned with modifying the processing deadline for family-based petitions.

The Clinton's amendment S1183 is still pending and invloves the "immediate relatives" reclassification.

S.AMDT.1183 to S.1348 To reclassify the spouses and minor children of lawful permanent residents as immediate relatives.
Sponsor: Sen Clinton, Hillary Rodham [NY] (introduced 5/23/2007) Cosponsors (2)
Latest Major Action: 6/5/2007 Considered by Senate.

Source: US Senate website

Don't loose hope

No, that amendment SA 1161 is still to be voted on nothnig has failed yet, but prospects are not good.

breaking news

inhofe amendment has just been passed,

is this bad or good regading the 4 years citizenship? please anybody respond

There is no need to get excited either way. This is only the beginning. Assuming that the Senate passes an actual bill, the ball will be on the court of the House. If and when the House passes its version of the immigration bill, leaders of both chambers will appoint a conference committee to write the final version of the bill. Decisive action often takes places on the conference committee. The conference committee is not bound by the votes of either chamber. So nothing being passed or defeated now is final by any means. More battles are ahead.

There is no need to get excited either way. This is only the beginning. Assuming that the Senate passes an actual bill, the ball will be on the court of the House. If and when the House passes its version of the immigration bill, leaders of both chambers will appoint a conference committee to write the final version of the bill. Decisive action often takes places on the conference committee. The conference committee is not bound by the votes of either chamber. So nothing being passed or defeated now is final by any means. More battles are ahead.

Thankful, what is your prediction? Is there any chance that the 4year thing will be passed?

Dear All,

Hi, I am a newbie to this forum.

I am in the same situation as you folks.

Basically my mom who is a green card holder petitioned for me in early 2001.

I'd just like to know what does the all the debates that is going on now in the senate means for a person like myself.

Does anyone knows what is the situation like and what is the outcome for the future ?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best and warmest regards as always.

FunkyCat - Spangky

Bush is pushing it so hard and he pushed again till senate is going to review the bill again for Illegals. no one knows how much is invovle in this project, but this poor guy is getting old.
It will be a mess that no one has ever seen.

Bush is pushing it so hard and he pushed again till senate is going to review the bill again for Illegals. no one knows how much is invovle in this project, but this poor guy is getting old.
It will be a mess that no one has ever seen.

Nimche,

They are changing everything here. #1 they will kill family immigration, #2, introduce quota for US Citizen parents, #3, give less visas to spouse of LPRS, #4, Give illegals everything.

In about 8 years when illegals have their GC's, the backlog would be enormous and it would be crazy crazy. The fees would go up maybe another 200% by then because they wouldn't be handle another 12-20 million in the stupid backlogs..

This is like taking a gun and shooting yourself in a place where you bleed slowly until you die.

The best strategy as Europe has followed is, Open local service centers, let immigrants go there for processing..that way backlogs could be confined and fixed in an area..

This will create a mess for people like you & me and others who will apply for their USC soon...it will be nuts!! In the bill it says, the background check/name check will take 1 day..What are they dreaming?