Senate Bill: Bad news for all of us!!

Well, they are promissing whatever they're hilucinating. I am tired of this situation (Sick too). Every day you think about that day which is running a lot faster than our to the point which get disapeared.
Everyday I have to promise my wife another date, doesn't make sense. Why the heck we got trapped in this situation, god knows. There is a persian word, which says: They take you to death, satisfy you to fever. I bet money is flowing in this process.
It was a day, which being illegal was bad and dangerous. Now pretty soon you can be totally proud. He promised that he will make the border secure:O WOW- He doesn't know they can pole vaulting.

Whatever makes them happy., We've gotten stuck.

Hi

I urge you to join www.expatsvoice.org and support

We have congressman who may be willing to draft new legislation for a compassioante visa, this could cover the need and reunite families also working on protection for all children from aging out especially E 2 dependant children and those waiting for visa numbers who will still age out

Is it possible?

Is it possible to imagine the dire situation faced by the millions of undocumented persons who contribute immensely to this country and feel some sense of concern and well wishes to them?

Is it possible that the world does not revolve around your minor inconveniences and the greater good may need some compromises?

Is is possible for you to stop demonizing these unfortunate persons (in whose class some of us used to belong to but for the good fortune we got to adjust our status) as they face enough demonizing by the xenophobic right wing nut heads?

Is it possible for you to understand how ridiculous the European immigration system is and how even people born in Europe of immigrant parents face the hassle in Germany, France and all the other shit holes in Europe?

Is is possible for you to grow and mature?

Nimche,

#4, Give illegals everything.

In about 8 years when illegals have their GC's, the backlog would be enormous and it would be crazy crazy. The fees would go up maybe another 200% by then because they wouldn't be handle another 12-20 million in the stupid backlogs..

This is like taking a gun and shooting yourself in a place where you bleed slowly until you die.

The best strategy as Europe has followed is, Open local service centers, let immigrants go there for processing..that way backlogs could be confined and fixed in an area..

This will create a mess for people like you & me and others who will apply for their USC soon...it will be nuts!! In the bill it says, the background check/name check will take 1 day..What are they dreaming?

Is it possible to imagine the dire situation faced by the millions of undocumented persons who contribute immensely to this country and feel some sense of concern and well wishes to them?

Is it possible that the world does not revolve around your minor inconveniences and the greater good may need some compromises?

Is is possible for you to stop demonizing these unfortunate persons (in whose class some of us used to belong to but for the good fortune we got to adjust our status) as they face enough demonizing by the xenophobic right wing nut heads?

Is it possible for you to understand how ridiculous the European immigration system is and how even people born in Europe of immigrant parents face the hassle in Germany, France and all the other shit holes in Europe?

Is is possible for you to grow and mature?

RIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! Your honorable Tortable Feasor, Royal Highness, the defender of all immigrants, your highness, ! I bow & salute you... Please enlighten us with your thoughts about illegal immigration & how to fix it and not screw legal immigrants. Mr. tortable feasor, please help me grow up by giving me the power of your brain.

I bow to you my royal highness. Please help me grow up & not voice my opinions as its only reserved for you.

I salute you Tortable Feasor! Your royal highness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get it wrong. Everybody is looking for their side. If I have problem with a family which are illegal, I would support illegals, and if I have a family which suffers under the GC spouse seperation for seven year I would support them. We don't make the rules and nor can change them.
All the people have experienced different view of these problems, but all might be right. Personally, eventhough I have family members that are in Europe and suffer the immigration speciallty and even they have gotten Passport by a lot of problems with children, but I think they have more organized system. Reason? because they have less immigrants and smaller country. USA is a HOt SPOT for everybody around the world even european, we can not ignore it and we cann't stop it. They will just come and stay and enjoy. We do care, beacuse we suffered (Under our choice) but does anyone care in this system-? No! They barely care about their citizens as we see the war going on.
So I think no one has the right over any lands but regulations are very important to recognized and people have to obey the rules. Problem with immigrants, destroying rules and etc.
This topic will go one for ever, and we will just keep writing here forever. So please don't fight over these redicolous subjects and let go.

Don't get it wrong. Everybody is looking for their side. If I have problem with a family which are illegal, I would support illegals, and if I have a family which suffers under the GC spouse seperation for seven year I would support them. We don't make the rules and nor can change them.
All the people have experienced different view of these problems, but all might be right. Personally, eventhough I have family members that are in Europe and suffer the immigration speciallty and even they have gotten Passport by a lot of problems with children, but I think they have more organized system. Reason? because they have less immigrants and smaller country. USA is a HOt SPOT for everybody around the world even european, we can not ignore it and we cann't stop it. They will just come and stay and enjoy. We do care, beacuse we suffered (Under our choice) but does anyone care in this system-? No! They barely care about their citizens as we see the war going on.
So I think no one has the right over any lands but regulations are very important to recognized and people have to obey the rules. Problem with immigrants, destroying rules and etc.
This topic will go one for ever, and we will just keep writing here forever. So please don't fight over these redicolous subjects and let go.

My opinion always has been that people like nimche who have been waiting patiently for his wife to arrive or my wife who may have to exit out since her h1 gc is still pending get screwed.

I am all for illegals getting their due process & being legals but why are they screwing legal immigrants? I am not a U.S Citizen but the bill says if you are U.S Citizen and you applied for your family member after May 2005, your applications will be thrown in trash...whereas an illegal who has been here before Jan 1, 2007 is ok.

So they are saying to a U.S Citizen, your realtive waited patiently in line for 3 years and we dont care..but illegals are ok if they were here Jan 1, 2007? Any dumbass should look at the logic before posting that I dont understand anything.

Its all about fairness. Nimche's wife is waiting outside the country to be united with him but illegal alien or temp worker could bring their wives for a visit,whereas, his wife's visitor visa is denied based on the fact that he is here.. IS that fair?? Morever, introducing 12 mill in the USCIS system without thinking about the impact is immature...

The bill says the name check would take 1 day...Has that happened? ALso read this article:

FBI Name Check Cited In Naturalization Delays
Official Calls Backlog 'Unacceptable'

By Spencer S. Hsu and N.C. Aizenman
Washington Post Staff Writers
Sunday, June 17, 2007; A01

Jin Ju Yoo, a stay-at-home mother who immigrated from South Korea in 1990 and applied for U.S. citizenship in 2002, would seem a minimal security risk. So say friends in Clarksburg, Md., where Yoo, 36, plays drums at a Presbyterian church and raises three children with her husband, a flooring contractor. Her husband and children are citizens.

The would-be American is still waiting for approval, however, because the FBI has not completed a security check of her name against its more than 86 million investigative files. Neither the bureau nor the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services agency will say why.

Since 2005, the backlog of legal U.S. immigrants whose applications for naturalization and other benefits are stuck on hold awaiting FBI name checks has doubled to 329,160, prompting a flood of lawsuits in federal courts, bureaucratic finger-pointing in Washington and tough scrutiny by 2008 presidential candidates.

At a time when Congress is intensely focused on border security, the growing backlog is one of the most visible signs of the U.S. immigration system's breakdown, current and former government officials said.

Unexplained delays in determining whether longtime residents pose a threat promise neither justice to the applicants nor added security to the country, they said. They blame bureaucratic mismanagement and poor coordination at the FBI and the immigration service, and the inefficient methods of screening files for genuine security threats.

In his annual report to Congress last week, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) ombudsman Prakash I. Khatri called the backlog of FBI name checks "unacceptable from the standpoint of national security and immigration benefits processing."

Calling the delays the "most pervasive problem" in processing, Khatri concluded that they "may increase the risk to national security by prolonging the time a potential criminal or terrorist remains in the country." He concluded that the agency should end or sharply narrow its use of name checks.

As Dawn Lurie, a Vienna immigration lawyer, put it: "If there's a security reason [for the delay], then what are those people still doing here? . . . And if there isn't a security reason, then why are we making them wait for so long?"

The withholding of citizenship -- and the continuation of the attendant restrictions on voting, employment, travel, reunification with family members, and access to credit and federal assistance programs -- replicates on a far vaster and more damaging scale the inconvenience rendered to travelers who are mistakenly placed on no-fly lists because of spelling confusions or errors, civil liberties lawyers said.

Some lawyers warn that such burdens may be discriminatory if they fall disproportionately on people perceived to be from Muslim countries or from ethnic groups whose names are transliterated from non-Roman alphabets. But others representing individuals in the Washington area or participating in four national class-action lawsuits over the delays say the most distinctive -- and frustrating -- feature is their seeming randomness, and the refusal of agencies to say when checks will be done or why problems have arisen.

Seong Ho Kang, 40, a computer engineer from South Korea who lives in Centreville, has waited for more than a year for his FBI check, possibly because the bureau since 2001 has intensified the scrutiny of immigrants with high-technology backgrounds. In frustration, Kang submitted a Freedom of Information Act request for any records the FBI might have on him. The bureau promptly replied that it had none. "If they can tell that to me, why can't they tell it to immigration?" Kang asked.

Donald Kerr, 60, the Jamaican-born lead singer of the Wailers, Bob Marley's reggae group, applied for U.S. citizenship more than three years ago after marrying a U.S. citizen. Kerr, a British citizen who goes by the stage name Junior Marvin, lives in Alexandria. "I'm not trying to put Homeland Security down. I mean, they have to do what they have to do," he said, sitting in his basement amid a mass of guitars, amplifiers and sound-mixing equipment. "But it does seem like a long time to check up on a musician."

The backlog started growing after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, when investigators determined that a failure to properly process immigration applications contributed to the hijackers' ability to enter and stay in the country. U.S. authorities responded by broadly expanding background checks.

FBI name checks, in particular, were intensified after errors and a lack of cooperation between the FBI and immigration authorities in Newark led to the October 2002 naturalization of a man suspected of ties to Hezbollah, which is designated a terrorist group. A policy decision was made to check applicants' names not only against the list of individuals under investigation by the FBI but also against the list of those named in investigative files for any reason.

The result was tumultuous. At the end of 2002, immigration authorities resubmitted 2.7 million names of applicants to the FBI for additional scrutiny. More than five years later, the FBI is only now emerging from that huge load, with about 5,800 names left to be rechecked.

But FBI officials say a heavy workload is not the only problem. They also blame inadequate staffing and technology, as well as a decentralized, paper-based process of status review.

About 90 percent of name checks, officials say, emerge with no matches within three months, after an automated search of databases. But the remaining 10 percent can take months or years, as 30 analysts and assistants must coordinate with 56 field offices and retrieve files stored in 265 locations nationwide.

As a result, the FBI has fallen further behind on the 1.5 million new names it receives each year from USCIS. Of about 329,000 cases pending as of May, 64 percent were stalled for more than 90 days, 32 percent for more than one year and 17 percent for more than two years.

"No one is happy with the status quo," said USCIS Deputy Director Jonathan "Jock" Scharfen. "We share the public's unhappiness with this, and we're committed to improving the process."

"We're trying to automate this as much as possible," said Michael Cannon, head of the FBI's National Name Check Program. He said the section's disruptive move from Washington to Frederick County, Va., also hindered work in 2006.

Cannon said the completion of a new Central Records System and progress toward a long-delayed, $600 million FBI computerized case-management system will help. "I can't give you a date certain when all this is going to come to fruition. My best guess is 2010," he said.

USCIS officials say they are reviewing their procedures but remain committed to detailed checks, which they call an effective tool in identifying security threats and verifying eligibility for citizenship. Even just a few terrorists can wreak havoc, the program's supporters note.

While USCIS declined to provide the number or percentage of annual name checks that result in denials, the FBI has reported that less than 1 percent of 1.5 million names are ultimately tied to potentially damaging information.

The backlog appears likely to get worse, because a USCIS fee increase -- slated to take effect in July -- has prompted a 50 percent rise in new naturalization applications so far this year. If a new immigration bill is enacted, millions of undocumented immigrants would also apply for legalization.

Frustrations among applicants have helped stoke a fourfold increase in litigation against USCIS since the middle of 2006. Critics emphasize that applicants for naturalization, by definition, are longtime residents who have lived and worked in the United States with few restrictions.

Khatri, in his June 11 report, said that given other automated security checks, "the protection the FBI name check provides, the cost of government resources used, and mental and actual hardships to applicants and their families, USCIS should reassess the continuation of its policy."

For now, tens of thousands of legal residents remain in limbo, exacting a toll on them and their employers. Pavel Kroupnik, a Russian economist who came to the United States in 1991 and sought citizenship three years ago, works at the nuclear energy firm USEC Inc. in Bethesda and directs the conversion of weapons-grade uranium from Russian nuclear warheads into fuel for commercial nuclear power plants -- a key U.S.-Russian nonproliferation effort.

But Kroupnik, 46, a Rockville resident, has been unable to get a security clearance and fuller responsibilities because he is not a citizen, even though his employer had conducted its own two-year investigation of his background before hiring him. "When immigration said we need to do a background check, I said, 'Guys, check your own [files].' The CIA, the FBI, the KGB -- they all know who I am and what I'm doing," Kroupnik said.

Adriana Rivera, a Mexican-born housecleaner living in Woodbridge, has been stymied in a different way: She cannot see her elderly parents in Veracruz, Mexico, because she holds a temporary work permit and would be unable to return if she left the United States while awaiting the background check she needs to become a legal permanent resident.

Her husband sailed through his background check and obtained a green card nearly two years ago even though he applied at the same time as Rivera.

"Every time my husband goes back to visit Mexico, I cry because I can't go with him," Rivera said. "I miss my family so much. It's a feeling of desperation."

Crazy!!
Funny, I have a close friend here, he got his citizenship in two months and 20 days, he was totally done. He said the FBI namecheck came back in two days.
I have a question.
Does it matter that they have just had me to fingerprint 1.5 year ago. Does it make any difference to clear-up my FBI check?

naturalization in san francisco is quick

My opinion always has been that people like nimche who have been waiting patiently for his wife to arrive or my wife who may have to exit out since her h1 gc is still pending get screwed.

I am all for illegals getting their due process & being legals but why are they screwing legal immigrants? I am not a U.S Citizen but the bill says if you are U.S Citizen and you applied for your family member after May 2005, your applications will be thrown in trash...whereas an illegal who has been here before Jan 1, 2007 is ok.

So they are saying to a U.S Citizen, your realtive waited patiently in line for 3 years and we dont care..but illegals are ok if they were here Jan 1, 2007? Any dumbass should look at the logic before posting that I dont understand anything.

Its all about fairness. Nimche's wife is waiting outside the country to be united with him but illegal alien or temp worker could bring their wives for a visit,whereas, his wife's visitor visa is denied based on the fact that he is here.. IS that fair?? Morever, introducing 12 mill in the USCIS system without thinking about the impact is immature...

The bill says the name check would take 1 day...Has that happened? ALso read this article:

FBI Name Check Cited In Naturalization Delays
Official Calls Backlog 'Unacceptable'

By Spencer S. Hsu and N.C. Aizenman
Washington Post Staff Writers
Sunday, June 17, 2007; A01

Jin Ju Yoo, a stay-at-home mother who immigrated from South Korea in 1990 and applied for U.S. citizenship in 2002, would seem a minimal security risk. So say friends in Clarksburg, Md., where Yoo, 36, plays drums at a Presbyterian church and raises three children with her husband, a flooring contractor. Her husband and children are citizens.

The would-be American is still waiting for approval, however, because the FBI has not completed a security check of her name against its more than 86 million investigative files. Neither the bureau nor the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services agency will say why.

Since 2005, the backlog of legal U.S. immigrants whose applications for naturalization and other benefits are stuck on hold awaiting FBI name checks has doubled to 329,160, prompting a flood of lawsuits in federal courts, bureaucratic finger-pointing in Washington and tough scrutiny by 2008 presidential candidates.

At a time when Congress is intensely focused on border security, the growing backlog is one of the most visible signs of the U.S. immigration system's breakdown, current and former government officials said.

Unexplained delays in determining whether longtime residents pose a threat promise neither justice to the applicants nor added security to the country, they said. They blame bureaucratic mismanagement and poor coordination at the FBI and the immigration service, and the inefficient methods of screening files for genuine security threats.

In his annual report to Congress last week, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) ombudsman Prakash I. Khatri called the backlog of FBI name checks "unacceptable from the standpoint of national security and immigration benefits processing."

Calling the delays the "most pervasive problem" in processing, Khatri concluded that they "may increase the risk to national security by prolonging the time a potential criminal or terrorist remains in the country." He concluded that the agency should end or sharply narrow its use of name checks.

As Dawn Lurie, a Vienna immigration lawyer, put it: "If there's a security reason [for the delay], then what are those people still doing here? . . . And if there isn't a security reason, then why are we making them wait for so long?"

The withholding of citizenship -- and the continuation of the attendant restrictions on voting, employment, travel, reunification with family members, and access to credit and federal assistance programs -- replicates on a far vaster and more damaging scale the inconvenience rendered to travelers who are mistakenly placed on no-fly lists because of spelling confusions or errors, civil liberties lawyers said.

Some lawyers warn that such burdens may be discriminatory if they fall disproportionately on people perceived to be from Muslim countries or from ethnic groups whose names are transliterated from non-Roman alphabets. But others representing individuals in the Washington area or participating in four national class-action lawsuits over the delays say the most distinctive -- and frustrating -- feature is their seeming randomness, and the refusal of agencies to say when checks will be done or why problems have arisen.

Seong Ho Kang, 40, a computer engineer from South Korea who lives in Centreville, has waited for more than a year for his FBI check, possibly because the bureau since 2001 has intensified the scrutiny of immigrants with high-technology backgrounds. In frustration, Kang submitted a Freedom of Information Act request for any records the FBI might have on him. The bureau promptly replied that it had none. "If they can tell that to me, why can't they tell it to immigration?" Kang asked.

Donald Kerr, 60, the Jamaican-born lead singer of the Wailers, Bob Marley's reggae group, applied for U.S. citizenship more than three years ago after marrying a U.S. citizen. Kerr, a British citizen who goes by the stage name Junior Marvin, lives in Alexandria. "I'm not trying to put Homeland Security down. I mean, they have to do what they have to do," he said, sitting in his basement amid a mass of guitars, amplifiers and sound-mixing equipment. "But it does seem like a long time to check up on a musician."

The backlog started growing after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, when investigators determined that a failure to properly process immigration applications contributed to the hijackers' ability to enter and stay in the country. U.S. authorities responded by broadly expanding background checks.

FBI name checks, in particular, were intensified after errors and a lack of cooperation between the FBI and immigration authorities in Newark led to the October 2002 naturalization of a man suspected of ties to Hezbollah, which is designated a terrorist group. A policy decision was made to check applicants' names not only against the list of individuals under investigation by the FBI but also against the list of those named in investigative files for any reason.

The result was tumultuous. At the end of 2002, immigration authorities resubmitted 2.7 million names of applicants to the FBI for additional scrutiny. More than five years later, the FBI is only now emerging from that huge load, with about 5,800 names left to be rechecked.

But FBI officials say a heavy workload is not the only problem. They also blame inadequate staffing and technology, as well as a decentralized, paper-based process of status review.

About 90 percent of name checks, officials say, emerge with no matches within three months, after an automated search of databases. But the remaining 10 percent can take months or years, as 30 analysts and assistants must coordinate with 56 field offices and retrieve files stored in 265 locations nationwide.

As a result, the FBI has fallen further behind on the 1.5 million new names it receives each year from USCIS. Of about 329,000 cases pending as of May, 64 percent were stalled for more than 90 days, 32 percent for more than one year and 17 percent for more than two years.

"No one is happy with the status quo," said USCIS Deputy Director Jonathan "Jock" Scharfen. "We share the public's unhappiness with this, and we're committed to improving the process."

"We're trying to automate this as much as possible," said Michael Cannon, head of the FBI's National Name Check Program. He said the section's disruptive move from Washington to Frederick County, Va., also hindered work in 2006.

Cannon said the completion of a new Central Records System and progress toward a long-delayed, $600 million FBI computerized case-management system will help. "I can't give you a date certain when all this is going to come to fruition. My best guess is 2010," he said.

USCIS officials say they are reviewing their procedures but remain committed to detailed checks, which they call an effective tool in identifying security threats and verifying eligibility for citizenship. Even just a few terrorists can wreak havoc, the program's supporters note.

While USCIS declined to provide the number or percentage of annual name checks that result in denials, the FBI has reported that less than 1 percent of 1.5 million names are ultimately tied to potentially damaging information.

The backlog appears likely to get worse, because a USCIS fee increase -- slated to take effect in July -- has prompted a 50 percent rise in new naturalization applications so far this year. If a new immigration bill is enacted, millions of undocumented immigrants would also apply for legalization.

Frustrations among applicants have helped stoke a fourfold increase in litigation against USCIS since the middle of 2006. Critics emphasize that applicants for naturalization, by definition, are longtime residents who have lived and worked in the United States with few restrictions.

Khatri, in his June 11 report, said that given other automated security checks, "the protection the FBI name check provides, the cost of government resources used, and mental and actual hardships to applicants and their families, USCIS should reassess the continuation of its policy."

For now, tens of thousands of legal residents remain in limbo, exacting a toll on them and their employers. Pavel Kroupnik, a Russian economist who came to the United States in 1991 and sought citizenship three years ago, works at the nuclear energy firm USEC Inc. in Bethesda and directs the conversion of weapons-grade uranium from Russian nuclear warheads into fuel for commercial nuclear power plants -- a key U.S.-Russian nonproliferation effort.

But Kroupnik, 46, a Rockville resident, has been unable to get a security clearance and fuller responsibilities because he is not a citizen, even though his employer had conducted its own two-year investigation of his background before hiring him. "When immigration said we need to do a background check, I said, 'Guys, check your own [files].' The CIA, the FBI, the KGB -- they all know who I am and what I'm doing," Kroupnik said.

Adriana Rivera, a Mexican-born housecleaner living in Woodbridge, has been stymied in a different way: She cannot see her elderly parents in Veracruz, Mexico, because she holds a temporary work permit and would be unable to return if she left the United States while awaiting the background check she needs to become a legal permanent resident.

Her husband sailed through his background check and obtained a green card nearly two years ago even though he applied at the same time as Rivera.

"Every time my husband goes back to visit Mexico, I cry because I can't go with him," Rivera said. "I miss my family so much. It's a feeling of desperation."

dear want, i live in SF since 5 years, i heard that naturalization here is so quick, i met many people here who told me they got naturalized within 6 months, recently my co worker just got naturalized, she said that she applied only 4 months ago,

on the contrary, if you live in NY OR DETROIT, naturalization process last for many years, i know many middle eastern friends in both cities who applied many years ago and still waiting for their case

want, you are the expert here, explain to us, does naturalization differ from city to city?

Barking at the wrong tree

You are barking at the wrong tree and the more you spew your fury, the more you establish your immaturity and the lack of seasoned perspectives.

All of what you are angry about were not caused by the undocumented persons but by (i) an incompetent agency that has always been and will continue to be ineffective how little or no assignment is given to it; (ii) opportunistic politicians who want to fan up xenophobic sentiments and (iii) a totally ineffective President who cannot even convince his fellow Republicans to do the right thing.

Are you tone deaf not to listen to the shrieking and ugly noises you are spewing about undocumented persons? Since we can listen to that in hate radio and TV, we did not expect if in a forum dedicated to immigrants - not less from someone who presents himself as a moderator.

If you cannot appreciate how offensive and "immoderate" you sound, I feel pity for you.

Cheerio

Its all about fairness. Nimche's wife is waiting outside the country to be united with him but illegal alien or temp worker could bring their wives for a visit,whereas, his wife's visitor visa is denied based on the fact that he is here.. IS that fair?? Morever, introducing 12 mill in the USCIS system without thinking about the impact is immature..."

You are barking at the wrong tree and the more you spew your fury, the more you establish your immaturity and the lack of seasoned perspectives.

All of what you are angry about were not caused by the undocumented persons but by (i) an incompetent agency that has always been and will continue to be ineffective how little or no assignment is given to it; (ii) opportunistic politicians who want to fan up xenophobic sentiments and (iii) a totally ineffective President who cannot even convince his fellow Republicans to do the right thing.

Are you tone deaf not to listen to the shrieking and ugly noises you are spewing about undocumented persons? Since we can listen to that in hate radio and TV, we did not expect if in a forum dedicated to immigrants - not less from someone who presents himself as a moderator.

If you cannot appreciate how offensive and "immoderate" you sound, I feel pity for you.

Cheerio

Yes Sir your highness. I am deaf, mute, dumb & stupid. You are the best in the world & very "seasoned".....Please grace our board more often your highness.

Hear Ye Hear Ye!

My Dear Subject!

I cherish the opportunity to bestow my royal wisdom upon thee and the rest of the Forum members. When my duties of ruling the world and my vast Empire allow me few moments and opportunities, I will make sure that I grace the Forum and keep you and others in the dark on the straight path, away from the darkness of ignorance and evil thoughts.

My Dear Subject!

I neither wish any supplication or sacrifice from thee or my other subjects. Your only duty is to bow to my statute in the center of town and chant to me songs of joy and harmony.

Be well, my Subject, be well!

Yes Sir your highness. I am deaf, mute, dumb & stupid. You are the best in the world & very "seasoned".....Please grace our board more often your highness.

My Dear Subject!

I cherish the opportunity to bestow my royal wisdom upon thee and the rest of the Forum members. When my duties of ruling the world and my vast Empire allow me few moments and opportunities, I will make sure that I grace the Forum and keep you and others in the dark on the straight path, away from the darkness of ignorance and evil thoughts.

My Dear Subject!

I neither wish any supplication or sacrifice from thee or my other subjects. Your only duty is to bow to my statute in the center of town and chant to me songs of joy and harmony.

Be well, my Subject, be well!

CUte! Looks like we are onto a tight & lovely friendship..Yipee yay!

Well, well, I was flamed on a different thread for calling the reform "amnesty" but I guess people are realizing, that despite the suffering and contributions that illegals make, us that were lucky enough to remain here legally are getting short changed. I consider myself lucky, blessed, to be able to remain in the U.S legally. However, it does strike a nerve when u see that illegals will be rewarded somehow.

Well, well, I was flamed on a different thread for calling the reform "amnesty" but I guess people are realizing, that despite the suffering and contributions that illegals make, us that were lucky enough to remain here legally are getting short changed. I consider myself lucky, blessed, to be able to remain in the U.S legally. However, it does strike a nerve when u see that illegals will be rewarded somehow.

It doesnt strike any nerve for me if illegals get legalized. However on the expense of things that matter to Legal Immigrants, its another story. If this bill was LEGALIZE all Illegals, I would be the first in line to say Yes about time..however hidden in this bill are stuff that will haunt legals & illegals who become legals...in the next 20-30 years.

Here is what I dont like:

1)It would require all LPR's to be fingerprinted in and out of the country. Not that anything is wrong with that but still unnecessary for LPRs.

2)Temp Workers would be allowed to have their spouse/kids visit U.S for up to 30 days, however LPR spouse or kid would be denied a visa no matter what.

3)Any applications for family unity by a U.S Citizen after May 2005 would be thrown out. Any illegal immigrant present in the country before Jan 1, 2007 would be ok as long he can prove including an affadavit of his/her presence. Not fair.

4)It would make English as a national language meaning that no offer of translators in courts etc would be allowed.

5)It would cut LPR spouse/kids visas by 20%. Giving those visas to other categories.

6)In 20 years, the LPR spouse/kid backlog would be from 5-7 years now to 10-14 years.

7)It would create visa cap for Parents of U.S Citizen at 40k.

8)It would change visa of parents of U.S Citizens to a 30 days maximum.

8)In 20 years, when all illegals who become legals, the backlog of U.S Citizen parents would be at least 5-7 years.

9)No employer sponsorship would be needed to secure a job as long as you pass the points.

10)The new point system would allow new immigrants to be admitted as LPRs without securing a job. In other words, U.S Govt will think they are suitable to find work without an actual employer sponsoring them.

Could you expand number 3 a little more. and my question is if this new rule will affect my I-130 as a PR?

Could you expand number 3 a little more. and my question is if this new rule will affect my I-130 as a PR?

No it wont apply to your request for your spouse as a PR. OFcourse you will become a Citizen & your wife probably complete his masters degree before that visa becomes available..

So when you do become U.S Citizen, call the 1800 # and give them your naturalization certificate # to upgrade your wife as immediate relative of USC.

The items in the bill are only for Brother,Sister of US Citizen. So far I have not read that it would affect any I-130 for spouse of LPR. When I do get access to the entire bill, I will do let you know.

I am not thrilled with this bill. In fact, I would like to see it fail. It seems to me that the Senate is so careful to slow down the Citizenship process for the illegals that they are willing to sacrifice all other LPRs. All these 'limits' are being put in place so that these 12 million illegals cannot bring their extended family or spouses when they gain PR or Citizen status. The way it stands, LPRs will be the worst 'class' of immigrants with the least immigration rights as far as sponsorship of family is concerned.

If this bill passes the Senate - and I have a sinking feeling it just might - I hope that the House leans to the left and passes a fair and equitable bill that will force the two houses into negotiation. This will ensure that at least some fairness enters the bill. Often the party in power has the most say in the negotiation process - which in our case is the Democrats who are pro-family unity. I know... I am eternally hopeful and I never seem to learn my lesson when it comes to having faith in people. But in reality, it is God that I have faith in - so maybe I am on the right path. :D

I am not thrilled with this bill. In fact, I would like to see it fail. It seems to me that the Senate is so careful to slow down the Citizenship process for the illegals that they are willing to sacrifice all other LPRs. All these 'limits' are being put in place so that these 12 million illegals cannot bring their extended family or spouses when they gain PR or Citizen status. The way it stands, LPRs will be the worst 'class' of immigrants with the least immigration rights as far as sponsorship of family is concerned.

If this bill passes the Senate - and I have a sinking feeling it just might - I hope that the House leans to the left and passes a fair and equitable bill that will force the two houses into negotiation. This will ensure that at least some fairness enters the bill. Often the party in power has the most say in the negotiation process - which in our case is the Democrats who are pro-family unity. I know... I am eternally hopeful and I never seem to learn my lesson when it comes to having faith in people. But in reality, it is God that I have faith in - so maybe I am on the right path. :D

Lolali,

One thing that republicans & democrats alike want to get rid of is "chain migration". It is true that democrats are Pro family however they never show it with their actions. For instance, Kennedy is a huge supporter of the bill but he has aligned himself with republicans who are against family unity. Can you imagine a hard-liner republican who hates amnesty aligning himself with that? No. Never.

So yes you are right that for illegals, the LPRS now will get slighted. However, if they dont fix this now, it will never be fixed.